TUF Brazil 2/UFC on FUEL 10: 'Nogueira vs Werdum 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

tuf-brasil-2-minotauro-vs-werdum-660x220.jpg

TUF Brazil 2 is now underway. Not that you'd know if you weren't looking for it anyway.

Here's where you watch;

http://en.tuf.tv/media/tuf-brasil-ep-1

Episode 1 (now with English subtitles) is there. If it's the same set-up as last year all the episodes will be put up there each week.

IMAGEM_NOTICIA_5.jpg

COACHING STAFF:

TEAM NOGUEIRA

Head coach: Ant

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its bittersweet Werdum vs Nog.

On one hand Werdum deserves this spotlight on his way to a title shot. He has improved so much mostly on the quiet. It is just a shame his showcase fight will be against Nog who is beloved by most.

I like Werdum to polish of Nog in round 2, maybe sending Nog into retirement.

Christ, look at the coaches on both sides of the divide. Vitor Miranda (former K-1 Brazil Champion), Eric Albarracin (Anderson Silva's wrestling coach), Kenny Johnson (BJ Penn & Jose Aldo's wrestling coach, currently training for his 6th Olympic Games), and both Rafael Cordeiro & Wanderlei who's records speak for themselves.

Perhaps most impressive is the enlistment of Rubens Charles by Werdum. This guy is a seriously elite level BJJ player. Silver medalist in the 2009 & 2011 ADCC submission wrestling world championships, four time gold and two time silver world championship BJJ player, 4 time gold no-gi worlds, 4 time gold & 2 time silver PAN-American Jiu-Jitsu player, and gold no-gi PAN-american Jiu-Jitsu player.

He's never failed to medal in any World Jiu-Jitsu Championship he's taken part in, which is simply phenomenal.

I know we only see highlights of these shows, but the benefits of training under these guys every day simply can't be overstated.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Alright, this is a week away now. Let's get talking about it. Thoughts on the main event? Is anyone giving Nog a chance?

And has anyone been watching TUF Brazil, any good? I watched the first two episodes weeks ago and through being busy, just fell too far behind. I can't see me catching up in a week, I might just watch the last three or four episodes so I'm familiar with the finalists at least.

• Paid Members

Big Nog definitely has a chance, but I certainly don't want him to win. I think this card is great. Looking forward to Feijao returning and hoping he beats the piss out of the drugs dodger.Sort of glad Hathaway had to pull out too. I can't forgive him after the most boring fight I've ever witnessed against Maguire in Nottingham last year.

• Paid Members

If you're avoiding the semi final results, I've updated the thread title now the finalists are known,

SPOILERS AHEAD

:)

Updated the first post now with the full card for FUEL 10, including the finals of TUF, Leandro Santos vs William Macario. Don't know anything about them. I'm going to have to watch a few episodes of TUF before Saturday.

what's with the UFC feeding Erick Silva a never ending supply of wrestlers?

He's fighting Jason High now. I've only just updated the first post. But yeah, they were giving Silva the Little Nog treatment though, having him run the wrestler gauntlet.

• Paid Members

Ahh well ive seen spoilers and based on the fact that the finalists are the only two on the finale im assuming the standards all that?

Anyways, anyone know what time UK time the prelims will start on Saturday night? Gonna try and em live as i aint off out ir anything.

Anyways, anyone know what time UK time the prelims will start on Saturday night? Gonna try and em live as i aint off out ir anything.

I will guess usual time, around Midnight, the Brazil cards seem to keep with the usual standard UFC start time.

• Paid Members

MMAJunkie has the prelims down for a 4.30pm ET start. So what's that UK time? 9.30 or 10.30? Something like that.Big Nog has said he's dropped some weight for this fight to get ready for the possibility of going 5 rounds;

'It's a 5 round fight, it's important to fight lighter (than usual). I wanted to drop some weight, was 112kg (around 246lbs) and I'm now 106kg(around 233lbs), so I lost six kgs. My conditioning is better and we focused a lot in cardio and agility training'.

He's gone all Hocky Balboa for this fightmma_minotauro_ultimotreino_adriaoalbuquerque-4_15.jpgmma_minotauro_ultimotreino_adriaoalbuquerque-6_15.jpgmma_minotauro_ultimotreino_adriaoalbuquerque-1_15.jpgCan't see him winning but it's good to hear his camp's gone well. I think dropping a bit of weight will help him, he's looked pretty doughy his last few fights but to be fair he had shorter notice camps for a couple of them. He only had about 4 weeks for the Herman fight. For this fight, he's had a good long camp and a whole season of TUF to get some quality training in and get himself in as good shape as possible.

Archived