Religion in Wrestling

robinbobs

I was just thinking about it, like obviously you watch the shoot interviews and you have the older guys who found god and stopped taking somas and beating their wives, but what about the younger generation? I find it really ironic that The Undertaker does his gimmick but is Jewish stuff like that, does anyone know much about the religious preferences if any of the top wrestlers out there? Isn't it true that Zack Ryders dad as well as being like a bodybuilder is also a preacher?? Just something I thought would be interesting to throw out as a topic.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently so according to my friend who works in the buisness. If I'm wrong someone enlighten me but apparently the Tomato's been trimmed.

I'm talking about the young ones, we all know about the older ones, that being reborn is a great gimmick.

Just to reference the stuff about Goldberg and the Undertaker, just because someone is ethnically Jewish (or even having been circumcised) doesn't mean they necessarily practice Judaism as a religion.

The Rock tends to reference 'God' a fair bit, and I have some vague image of Cena doing the same, but I'm unsure on that last one. CM Punk seems to be a fairly vocal atheist, he's always retweeting Ricky Gervais's 'hilarious' thoughts on the matter.

Big Zeke and Titus O'neil constantly tweet about their christianity.

Ezeikels last tweets:

God is more concerned about your heart than your performance. If your heart is right, your performance will eventually catch up.

AJ Styles is a devout Christian, at least when it comes to disliking faggots and singing the man's praises. Of course he works for a woman, so I guess he isn't too fussed about those verses which said that a woman should have no authority over a man.

Iceman is a born again christian.

The Great Khali is a Sikh. I don't know how devout he is, but I read that he visits temples sometimes and even mosques.

Colt Cabana is a liberal Jew. He pronounces himself as such, but admits that he hasn't read the Torah.

On Cabana's podcast Rhino referenced the fact that he was a catholic and jokingly urged Colt to convert.

Also on Cabana's podcast, Truth Martini said that he loved Jesus.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised to hear Taker's Jewish. "Calaway" isn't a particularly Jewish name, and I don't think Texas has a very large Jewish community as such.

Raven and DDP are ethnically Jewish, but I don't think either of them are practicing. Barry Horowitz?

Archived