Religion in Wrestling

robinbobs

• Paid Members

Some surprising ones there. I didn't know the Poffos were - being of Italian origin, I thought they'd be Catholic.

I'd have thought Noam Dar would be Jewish - that name's as Hebrew as a male teabag.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some surprising ones there. I didn't know the Poffos were - being of Italian origin, I thought they'd be Catholic.

I'd have thought Noam Dar would be Jewish - that name's as Hebrew as a male teabag.

Dar is jewish originally from Israel.

I'm surprised to hear Taker's Jewish. "Calaway" isn't a particularly Jewish name, and I don't think Texas has a very large Jewish community as such.

Raven and DDP are ethnically Jewish, but I don't think either of them are practicing. Barry Horowitz?

I've been to a Synagog in Texas before....

• Paid Members

's what I thought.

Sounds like a country song.

's what I thought.

Sounds like a country song.

Whose Noam Dar? Is he in TNA?

He's a UK wrestler, regular on the Scottish scene.

See thats cool, exactly what I wanted to talk about. Just interesting that we haven't really had a modern wrestler apart from Michaels to really bring their religion into it, just think it would be interesting, I'm Jewish and I always thought about if I got into wrestling to do a gimmick based around it

No uk, he's a jewish israeli from scotland with an oasis gimmick(hence the noam). Very good wrestler at just 19 years old, faced Davey Richards, John Morrisson, Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles, Brian Kendrick among others in the past year. Definitely one to watch out for.

• Paid Members
He's a UK wrestler, regular on the Scottish scene.

See thats cool, exactly what I wanted to talk about. Just interesting that we haven't really had a modern wrestler apart from Michaels to really bring their religion into it, just think it would be interesting, I'm Jewish and I always thought about if I got into wrestling to do a gimmick based around it

Chasyn Rance used to proclaim his Jewishness, coming to the ring wearing pleathers with a massive Magun David on it. But being shit, that's about as far as he ever went with the gimmick.

The only other time I ever heard of a Jewish gimmick was a sleaze story - a guy called Paul Boetsch was doing a Jewish gimmick, until a reporter from a Jewish paper came to a show he was on to do an interview with him, saw him in the shower and saw he was fighting for the Cavaliers.

Yeah AJ Styles is very religious. I met him once and he had a brown leather wrist band/bracelet with a picture of the Sacred Heart on it.

Kurt Angle is very religious too, he was going to join ECW and on the same night he appeared on the show later on in the night they ran the crucifix angle. He then angrily said he didn't want to join ECW and he'd be contacting his lawyers if they used any footage of him on the show.

Also Paul Heyman and Raven are Jewish.

Yeah AJ Styles is very religious. I met him once and he had a brown leather wrist band/bracelet with a picture of the Sacred Heart on it.

Kurt Angle is very religious too, he was going to join ECW and on the same night he appeared on the show later on in the night they ran the crucifix angle. He then angrily said he didn't want to join ECW and he'd be contacting his lawyers if they used any footage of him on the show.

Also Paul Heyman and Raven are Jewish.

Ten years on he was trying to have beastiality sex with Booker T's wife.

Archived