• Paid Members
Turning at Bound For Glory would have made no sense to the whole plot. Why would he turn when his whole gang still had that shite masks on?

"

Whether they were going to do actual reveals at BFG or not I dont know, I just think Bully Ray was definitely being setup to be the leader until that point in time and then they got cold feet/changed their mind/weren't sure where they were going, which is where the logic in this whole thing gets fuzzier.

There were plenty of people here and elsewhere who thought that's where it was headed back then.

• Paid Members
Whether they were going to do actual reveals at BFG or not I dont know, I just think Bully Ray was definitely being setup to be the leader until that point in time and then they got cold feet/changed their mind/weren't sure where they were going, which is where the logic in this whole thing gets fuzzier.

They explained it. Bully Ray was always going to be the leader. They were planting hints before Bound For Glory that it was him so when he didn't turn it would get people thinking he was a babyface. The stuff where they injured Jeff Hardy but Hardy still beat Bully Ray was obvious (even at the time) that their plans had been messed up. There was no cold feet or anything. Bully Ray turning wouldn't have made any sense in October. You still had a bunch of guys in masks, you have no reveals, you had no world title. This was an angle they planned out the whole time. Dixie Carter even admitted to Wade Keller recently the only thing they decided to change was putting Taz in the group.

There were plenty of people here and elsewhere who thought that's where it was headed back then.

Yeah, because most of us were begging for the angle to be done at Bound For Glory because it was so shite. Everyone watching knew Bully was turning. We just didn't know when.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Damn! This house show sounds amazing. TNA really went all out for their one show on 'Mania weekend.

2127n5x.jpg

IMPACT WRESTLING house show

April 5th, 2013

Westbury, NY

NYCB Theatre

Match Stipulation to be Announced by Hulk Hogan Earlier That Night

Sting & Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray & Devon

For the First Time in TNA

AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries

New York Street Fight

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels

Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco

TNA Knockouts Title Match

Velvet Sky

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

They're pretty keen on being live every other week, otherwise I'd absolutely agree with that. Maybe it's a testing-the-water thing to see if they can do a taping on Wrestlemania weekend in the future.

So, in a recent interview Bobby Lashley was asked about possibly signing a TNA and/or Bellator deal and his response was "We've had talks and we're still having talks". PWInsider are saying there's indeed been some talk about TNA bringing back Lashley.

In interviews yesterday both Dixie Carter and Kurt Angle (while promoting who'll be at Slammiversary) talked like RVD was still part of the company. Take it for what it's worth, obviously, but it looks like RVD may have re-signed.

Thoughts?

Edited by pgi86

Fucking hope Lashley's not on the cards. He's absolutely worthless. Looks like a baby, can't talk, can't really work. He doesn't bring anything to the table whatsoever.

Not surprised if they've resigned RVD but can't think he's really worth it. He doesn't really have much name value left thesedays so unless they've resigned him on a smaller contract (which I doubt) he's probably not gonna be worth the spend.

• Paid Members
Fucking hope Lashley's not on the cards. He's absolutely worthless. Looks like a baby, can't talk, can't really work. He doesn't bring anything to the table whatsoever.

Not surprised if they've resigned RVD but can't think he's really worth it. He doesn't really have much name value left thesedays so unless they've resigned him on a smaller contract (which I doubt) he's probably not gonna be worth the spend.

I agree totally.

Neither of those guys should be Main Eventing but neither of them is likely to sign up for midcard money, especially since RVD'll probably get a decent offer from WWE.

Lashley is just a big bloke who briefly got shoved down our throats years ago and then disappeared. I'd be surprised if he was able to get any kind of reaction at all if he returned to either of the Big Two. He adds nothing and they've got better than him already under contract and not being used.