I thought they had cut ties with them, but I looked it up and apparently not.

They still have Cliff Compton, and apparently Elijah Burke is the TV Champion for some reason, and of course, Rockstar Spud.

Yeah Burke came to OVW recently and won the title (no shock there). However like you state Cliff Compton is someone that should be up there and given a chance, along with that i think Jamin Olivencia could work well in the X-Division if it wasn't all cruiserweights

• Paid Members
Is there anybody worth bothering about in their developmental system, Ian? Isn't King Mo still down there training?

It isn't really a developmental system. A developmental league would suggest the people in OVW are housed to improve their craft and eventually be brought up to the TNA roster. That isn't what its there for. Its more of a containment unit for people who they have and dont use. TNA have Garrett and Wes Brisco on the roster and they are as far from TV ready as you can possibly get, so if OVW was a developmental system they would be the first ones sent there. Now Gut Check has been abolished, they might as well get rid of OVW. And looking at the OVW roster, nobody is worth bringing up. Its a basic, lowly indy fed now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Is there anybody worth bothering about in their developmental system, Ian? Isn't King Mo still down there training?

The TNA talent at OVW are Rockstar Spud, Jessie from the Bro-Mans, Rob Terry, Jay Bradley, Lei'd Tapa and The Blossom Twins. Technically, Sam Shaw is still under contract too but hasn't been in OVW for months now. King Mo comes in for a week's worth of training every couple of months or so but he also trains a bit in Vegas at the FSW school where Kenny King does classes.

They still have Cliff Compton, and apparently Elijah Burke is the TV Champion for some reason, and of course, Rockstar Spud.

Compton is not an OVW regular these days. He just does the odd OVW shot here and there.

Edited by pgi86

So did Bad Bones go through all that Gutcheck stuff online, won it, and probably isn't even going to get a shot in TNA?

It was only ever for another chance to take part in a gut check, there was never a contract mentioned. Besides, best time to board a ship isn't when the rats are jumping off in the opposite direction.

I watch none of them. Anyway, Jersey Shore looks to be a draw there.

I'm sure they had the help of TMZ and other news channels reporting about them which might have helped taking the Jersey Shore audience over to the show, which if they could do something similar with trends of TV they could have decent tv ratings, hell getting the guys from Breaking Bad, or those in Agents of SHIELD to be on the show once or twice could be enough.

Fucking hell, of all the videos on their Youtube page, those are the most viewed? I don't even know what that suggests, but it's fucking shocking either way.

I will admit it's pretty good to see that Kong winning the belt has plenty of views but the fact it is top is just wrong. I mean i love that it has plenty of views like i just said as this shows how good the KO division was back then.

Probably about as entertaining as Aces & 8's have been this week. Tessmacher on my telly, Knox on my telly. I like.

I think they should work out how to get the world title on one of those two......

All the grumbling of this thread aside, i actually enjoyed most of this weeks episode.

I'll put this in a spoiler tag just in case. Another big name done with TNA? This happened at last night's taping of next week's show:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dixie Carter comes out and says that the fans are not happy with her decisions. She says that she had business with Hulk Hogan to take care of. Dixie asks Hulk if he wants to take his career to another level. She says that the watch Hulk is wearing, she got him from Tiffany's. Dixie then asks Hulk if he wants to ride The Dixie Train. Hulk says that it's an amazing offer for someone else. Hulk says that he quits. Dixie grabs and holds onto his leg to keep him from leaving to end the show.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Plus, based on last night's live show it looks like Wes Brisco might be done as well.

On the flipside, Lei'D Tapa and a dude named Ethan (whoever he may be) are debuting soon.

Edited by pgi86