Jump to content

  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

I went for Punk-Ryback. Funkasaurus was one of my nominations, but that was, I suppose, only a lower-card disappointment. The Rock's promos is a decent choice, but in the end it was only the build-up and the match still delivered (lest we forget how much of the WrestleMania X-Seven build-up was centred around Debra).

 

The Ryback one, however, is the obvious choice. Many hoped Ryback would win the match, but most sensed he wouldn't. There were any number of ways they could have got around it, and the way they picked was really rubbish. It was an anticlimax epitomised.

 

EDIT: Forgot to say, why's the Rumble match in here? I just finished watching it literally an hour ago and it was a perfectly decent Rumble, albeit one without many big names. There's been worse, definitely!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Posted

Has to be A&8s for me. I was genuinely excited and intrigued by it initially, but all the promise has been sucked out of it, dragged out far too long, and I generally don't give a shit anymore.

 

Whether that's because I've read too much online or whatever, but the 'reveals' have been lackluster and not worth the wait, and it's hard to believe it's still going.

 

Maybe it'll have a good climax but who knows. I just wish they'd get on with it.

Posted

Tensai. I actually downloaded Raw to see his debut, the only time I've done that in 2012. It was shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
Tensai. I actually downloaded Raw to see his debut, the only time I've done that in 2012. It was shit.

At least you didn't miss Lesnar's surprise return then, or The Rock promising to win the WWE title once again. The post-Mania Raw was one of the best episodes all year. All not lost.

 

Anyway, Aces & Eights for me. Bit like the Nexus a couple of years ago, the invading heel faction angle got off to a really hot start, but never delivered on it's promise. Fans were super excited to discover who the invaders were- popular names like Chris Masters and Cliff Compton were bandied about, but just look where the angle stands now.

Edited by Arch Stanton
Posted

I went for Fat Albert. A debut on the Raw after Mania can sometimes mean big things (see: Lesnar, Brock in 2002), but Tensai just bored the hell out of me and most WWE fans. Crazy to think a man who cleanly beat Cena and Punk in back-to-back matches is now jobbing to Santino, and it's well deserved.

 

The other "disappointments/anticlimaxes" I can somewhat justify. Jericho, despite his actual return not being up to par, delivered some great work with Punk and Ziggler, helping with their ascent. Ryback at HIAC further Punk's story and led to the introduction of the Shield- and as it transpired, Ryback didn't really lose a damn thing from that. Aces and Eights is a TNA storyline, and even in my limited TNA exposure, I know they're prone to fucking up almost anything good. Sheamus/Bryan created a memorable Wrestlemania moment, and they got the workrate shite done nicely in the weeks following Mania. Rock was always going to be rusty in WWE, but delivered where it mattered in a great Wrestlemania main event. And Brodus Clay... I like the Funkasaurus, shoot me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ace's And Eights. The whole thing was a huge letdown, including the Devon reveal.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Had to go with the Rumble. Key moment: getting all excited for the old magic #27... David Otunga comes out. Kharma was the best bit.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Feeling cheated with only 18 seconds of what would've been an outstanding match, especially when later had to endure about half an hour of shite music before Cena-Rock. I'm still cross.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...