Liam Thomson

2010 Ranking- 1st

2011 Ranking-2nd

Down 1

540431_10151230003089775_1341561769_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Liam Thomson has yet to get back to me with his views

Highlight of 2012- PBW Champion

For years Liam Thomson has been the best wrestler never to win the big one. That injustice was put right at the end of the year when Liam Thomson ended the reign of BT Gunn as PBW Champion. Thomson then retained his title the next night against James Scott

Match of the Year-BT Gunn vs Liam Thomson PBW Championship: Live in Dunbarton

Almost every match Liam Thomson has is world class , however as his match with BT Gunn was the match with which he won the PBW championship it would be fair to choose this as his best match. I didn't see this match to my shame, however when speaking to sources who were at this match I am informed this match was a back and forth match showing as to be expected from two of the countries very best wrestlers.

Summary of 2012

Liam Thomson's has always been on of Scotlands most travelled and respected wrestlers, and this continued in 2012.

Thomson made appearances in PBW as a heel main eventing 3 times with the title on the line, missing out on the victory against BT Gunn in Alloa in Febuary before beating both BT Gunn and James Scott. Away from the main event he won a 3 way dance with Chris Rampage and El Ligero at Fully Charged. Beat Andy Wilde at the Pavillion, won another 3 way with Jonathon Gresham and Stevie Xavier. Thomson won a number 1 contenders match at Breaking Limits beating Stevie Xavier, Andy Wild and TJ Rage. Before getting his title match he also beat "Lighning Kid" Mark Andrews and teamed with Carmel to take on the team of El Ligero and Kay Lee Ray.In fact if Thomson wins tonight at PBW's show in Maybole he will have been undefeated in PBW for over a calendar year.

In W3L Liam Thomson only made a handful of appearences, Firstly winning the Royal Flush Rumble to become 'King of W3L' and then beat Nathan Black. He then disappeared until November where the King beat El Technico before helping his queen Carmel win the W3L Womens champion. Unfortunately when Carmel tried to repay this back to Thomson in a W3L title match with Mike Musso, Thomson ended up being disqualified.

Thomson worked as a face in ICW , which was unusual, what was not unusual however was him teaming with Kid Fite as Fight Club took part in the ICW Tag Team Tournament, reaching the semi finals , where Kid Fite and Johnny Moss (standing in for an injured Thomson) were eliminated. Upon Thomsons return Fight Club then defeated the soon to be crowned Tag Team Champions STI before unsuccessfully challenging for the tag team titles twice. As a singles competitor Thomson was part of the ICW Number 1 Contenders Tournament losing to Lionheart.

Thomson also appeared in PWE where he wrestled the Lion Kid and entered the PWE Title tournament losing in the first round to El Ligero. He also teamed with Mikey Whiplash against the team of Magnus and Wolfgang (

)

Thomson also made appearances for BCW wrestling as a face including teaming with Carmel against the team of Red Lightning and Sara.

Promoters view

Kid Fite-PBW Promoter

For years now has consisdently been one of if not the best natural wrestler in Scotland. Time and time again his matches are considered MOTN and recently he got what he truely deserved when he became the PBW heavyweight champion. 2013 will see him have great success in both singles competition and also teaming with myself in ICW, PCW etc.

Mike Musso- W3L Promoter

Without a doubt really technically sound and crisp with everything he does

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow I will announce the Winner of the UKFF Scottish Top 25. As you may have noticed whatever happens we will have a first time winner.

So who will win

Joe Coffey or Mikey Whiplash.

Find out .... Tomorrow.

UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

2nd

Joe Coffey

2010 Ranking-17th

2011 Ranking- 5th

Up 3

303651_521589627872516_1121886293_n.jpg

Chosen by Joe Coffey Credit to Sam of Kesteven phtography

These are the views of Joe Coffey

Highlight of 2012-Japan Trip

Joe Coffey had his best year so far in wrestling, the highlight of this has to be when he toured with the Zero-1 Promotion in Japan, a fantastic achievement for any wrestler. During his time in Japan he competed at the World Famous Korakeun Hall, and wrestled on PPV for Zero 1- Teaming with Yasku Obata against James Raideen and Shito Ueda.

Match of the Year- Joe Coffey vs Prince Devitt: Clash of the Titans

Before his trip abroad Coffey wrestled perhaps the finest wrestler from Europe to wrestle in Japan, Prince Fergal Devitt. In the main event of W3L and SWA's supershow Clash of the Titans Coffey and Devitt had a highly technical and hard hitting encounter where Coffey showed why he is considered to be one of Scotlands top young talents.

Summary of 2012

In Joe Coffey's home promotion SWA Coffey started his year by re-winning the SWA Laird of the Ring title he had held through most of 2011 beating Glen Dunbar for the title. He has retained the title for the rest of 2012 beating Liam Thomson, BT Gunn , Dickie Divers, Lewis Girvan, Mark Anthony and drawing with Jack Gallacher when the time limit ran out after 30 minutes, he also drew with Dickie Divers in a Champion vs Champion match, wrestled John "The Bomb" Graham and lost to Mikey Whiplash in a 2 out of 3 Falls match at a fundraiser before his tour of Japan. He also Main Evented Clash of the Titans against Fergal Devitt and teamed with his brother Mark against the Big Hangovers in SWA's Zero-1 Tryout show.

Coffey also appeared at ICW starting the year in the same tweener role he has occupied since 2010, this extended to his brother Mark Coffey when they took part in the ICW Tag Team Title tournament beating the team of Noam Dar and Andy Wild before losing to STI in the semi final. After Joe's trip to Japan the Coffey's challenged for the tag team titles in a 4 way tag match with Fight Club, the Bucky Boys and the champions STI. The Coffeys then cut a "shoot promo" at the start of ICW's Santa Gravy show

before joining Red Lightnings Save Prowrestling Movement. The three then beat The Bucky Boys and Jimmy Havoc in a 6 man match.

Coffey made appearances for PBW as part of the Coffey Brothers defeating Jamie Feerick & Chris Rampage and Grado & JD Bravo before challenging Blaze and Rampage unsuccesfully for the PBW Tag Team Championship.

Coffey also made several appearances for BCW Promotion. Most notably (for the wrong reasons) his last match of the year against Johnny Moss where after landing awkwardly (some boards under the canvas of the ring had been put out of place in a previous segment) Joe Coffey hurt his Achilles Ligament an injury for which he may be out for over 6 months.

Promoters view

Damien O'Conor- SWA Promoter

Joe deserves recognition as the best Scottish Wrestler hands down. He’s gone about it the right way too; working his bollocks off in training, asking advice of every real veteran we can put in front of him, not giving a shit about the internet companies in the UK, not willing to work for tuppence to get a booking, instead, focusing on his in-ring work, focusing on his body and more importantly, expanding his wrestling knowledge.

Joe truly got his finger out and knocked every opportunity we could possibly get him out of the park. He proved that when he decimated his fellow camp attendees and got himself the opportunity to go to Japan with Zero 1. Over there, he learned from true professionals, and by God he knocked that opportunity out of the park too. Wrestling in the very famous Korakeun Hall, mixing up with massive worldwide talents like Masato Tanaka, training under Hidaka, Joe’s put himself in a position where he is easily the most seasoned wrestler around.

He’s driven, motivated and willing to put the genuine hard work in. He will become the best wrestler to come out of Scotland, he’ll become the most successful. To any aspiring wrestler, look to Joe as the example of how to become a success. Pro Wrestling is a tough business. If you’re not willing to put the effort Joe puts in, then don’t expect the same success.

Joe lives by the mantra “ad majora natus sum” and I fully believe it suits him to a tee.

Kid Fite-PBW Promoter

Joe Coffey upped his game so much in 2012, he went from someone with serious potential to a main Scottish talent in my opinion. First tour of Japan, summer run for All Star and matches in the UK with the likes of Dave Mastiff and Johnny Moss have raised his profile no end. Intense worker than can adapt to most styles in the ring and yet another one to look out for in 2013.

Mike Musso- W3L Promoter

Looks like a star and wrestles like one. Everything is believable and he is thoroughly deserving of the international opportunities he has had in 2012. Best thing about the guy is he doesn't get caught up in the hype that has been built around him.

Social Media and Merch

At present Coffey has not got any merchandise available

You can follow Coffey on twitter: @Joe_Coffey

Joe Coffey also has a youtube page JoeCoffeyWrestling

What to expect from the future?

For the time being Coffey is out injured, a real shame considering the momentum he had going into the end of the 2012.

UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

1st

Mikey Whiplash

2010 Ranking-Did Not Rank

2011 Ranking- Did Not Rank

NEW ENTRY

421434_10151140935140828_1033094203_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the (mostly) the views of Mikey Whiplash

Highlight of 2012- SWA Champion

Mikey Whiplash has helped SWA and Source as one of the head trainers of the Source Wrestling school. In turn Whiplash was rewarded when he defeated Andy Anderson in Govan to win the SWA Heavyweight Championship. Since winning it he has remained undefeated in SWA beating Dickie Divers,Christopher Saynt, Johnny Kidd and Jack Gallagher to retain the title.

Match of the Year- Mikey Whiplash vs Jack Gallacher: SWA Zero 1

This match is in my personal opinion the best match I have seen live in 2012. A real back and forth match with humour, fantastic technical wrestling and fantastic storytelling, I encourage anyone who enjoys wrestling to watch this video of two of the UK's best workers fighting over the Scottish Heavyweight Championship.

Summary of 2012

Mikey Whiplash is one of the few wrestlers to appear in all the established (Sorry James) companies in the West Coast of Scotland.

In SWA he won the SWA Title , he also outside that beat Damien O Connor in Paisley and beat Joe Coffey in a cracking 2 out of 3 falls match at SWA's Joe Coffey Fundraiser.

In PBW Mikey Whiplash challenged for the PBW title twice failing to beat BT Gunn in singles competition and in a 3 way ladder match with Gunn and Jack Jester.

In ICW Whiplash continued in his Transvestite Gimmick, also continuing his feud with Jack Jester, Whiplash and Jester faced of at ICW Square Go with Jester coming out on top before Whiplash defeated Jester in a brutal Last Man Standing match

WARNING NSFW Language and Bloody Violence.Between these two matches he wrestled the team of Kay Lee Ray and Carmel,afterwards indoctrinating them into his "Pretty Little Things" alongside Lolita and eventually Jam O Malley, who acted as his personal referee. Outwith this feud Whiplash defeated Kid Fite to earn a number one contenders match with Lionheart which he lost. He also defeated Mark Coffey. Before Kay Lee Ray betrayed him costing him a rematch with Lionheart. He then started a feud with Grado, defeating him by submission with a modified Boston Crab on thumbtacks and M&M's. He then teamed with Jam O Malley to take on Grado and Jester losing to the duo.

Whilst he was feuding with Jester in ICW he was teaming with Jester in BCW where he won the BCW Tag Titles against Wolfgang before beating the team of Grado and U-Gene Dinsmore.

Whiplash also appeared at W3L where he defeated Mike Musso. Whiplash also wrestled for ASW down south as well as PCW.

Promoters view

Damien O'Conor- SWA Promoter

Mikey Whiplash is the best thing that’s happened to Scottish Wrestling, full stop. Not only is he an utterly phenomenal, versatile, experienced wrestler, he’s also a phenomenal trainer, with a great wrestling brain. I realise how lucky I am to have him available, and I know that my trainees are in the best possible hands to progress. Mikey is one of the few folk who shares my own personal views about Wrestling and is undoubtedly one of biggest reasons for any success of the Source School and SWA.

As a wrestler though, Mikey is a different class. With over 3000 matches to his name, having wrestled a whos who of pro wrestling, and being taken under the wing of the likes of Rob Brookside, its no surprise that his work is so polished. In all the situations he’s put in, he excels. In ICW, he’s a transvestite hardcore brawler, for SWA he’s a cerebral technical wrestler, for BCW he’s a tag team wrestler, elsewhere he’s slotted into whatever matches necessary. There are few folk who can do all of the above, and there are fewer folk who can do it all to the standard that Mikey can do it.

When booking cards, you know you’re in for something special when you have Mikey available. His matches with Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, Chris Saynt, Lewis Girvan, have elevated all their games, and his matches with Johnny Kidd and Jack Gallagher provided two of the very, very best Scotland has ever seen. In 2013, I’m confident that I can put on world class worthy shows, and with Mikey as my Champion, we’re always going to have a phenomenal Main Event.

Kid Fite-PBW Promoter

Has arrived in the Scottish scene and just slotted in perfectly, can adapt to any enviroment from cry baby bad guy on the holiday park shows to the hard ass technical master we have seen at PBW, PWE etc. His character in ICW has been one of the most entertaining things in Scotland this year. From a personal standpoint I thought he was a class act with my team on the summer All Star run always making time to give feedback to the young guys like Blaze and Maverick.

Mike Musso- W3L Promoter

A gift to Scottish wrestling. The Scottish wrestling scene as it’s developed has been very good a creating a bit of hype around its talent over the years. Whiplash doesn’t need this as his experience and acomplishments speak for themselves. This man has put in the years and the miles – everyone should look to learn from him.

Social Media and Merch

At present Whiplash has not got any merchandise available

You can follow Whiplash on twitter: @mikey_whiplash

Mikey Whiplash has a website :http://www.mikeywhiplash.co.uk/

What to expect from the future?

Whether as a psychopathic transvestite or a vicious technician Whiplash has proven himself to be one of Scotland's best wrestlers and a deserving winner of the UKFF Scottish Top 25. Great matches are a certainty, one must wonder can any one take the Scottish Heavyweight Championship of him

Worthy winner, no question.

I voted him number 1 iirc and there's a few of reasons for that. Firstly, I've never seen a poor match from him, never. Secondly, I don't recall ever seeing a poor spot from him. Everything he does is crisp and tidy and nothing he does looks shit, or worse, pointless. There's always a reason for what he's doing and when he's doing it makes sense as well. Lastly, he works the crowd really well and will even accept and acknowledge the odd positive crowd reaction in ICW because it fits and it works.

Also, this is supposed to be your favourite guy and having him on a show would make me buy a ticket more than anyone else right now.

Just to recap, the final results were

1st- Mikey Whiplash

2nd- Joe Coffey

3rd- Liam Thomson

4th- Nikki Storm

5th- Wolfgang

6th- Mark Coffey

7th- BT Gunn

8th- Lionheart

9th- Noam Dar

10th- Damien O Conor

11th- Kid Fite

12th- Andy Wild

13th- Jack Jester

14th- Dickie Divers

15th- Glen Dunbar

16th- Red Lightning

17th- Davey Blaze

18th- James Scott

19th- Kay Lee Ray

20th- Scott Renwick

21st- Lewis Girvan

22nd-Jam O Malley

23rd- Jackie Polo

24th- Carmel Jacob

25th- Grado

Thank you to everyone who voted, thank you to all the wrestlers in the top 25 who helped me with the write ups, to David J Wilson for his help and photos, as well as Mike Musso, Kid Fite, James Tyler and especially Damien O'Connor for their input into the write ups as promoters. As you are aware this is the last time the UKFF Scottish Top 25 will be appearing. So all I have left to say is th..........

UkfF ScoTTisH Top 2%

THE VERY GOOD .. EUAN G MACKIE

58221_478001348929428_696786204_n.jpg

ALL HAIL THE VERY GOOD EUAN G MACKIE

406017_472853052777591_994957235_n.jpg

....ank you and goodbye

Archived