UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

8th

Lionheart

2010 Ranking- 2nd

2011 Ranking-4th

Down 4

16807_10200459465714886_642543967_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Since Lionheart has not given me his views both as a wrestler and a Promoter, these are my personal views.

Highlight of 2012-End of the Road

The tail end of 2012 featured several emotional moments, without doubt one of the most emotional was the retirement of Lionheart. He had matches for PBW, BCW and ICW after each giving an emotional goodbye to the fans of each promotion before finally retiring at Preston Championship Wrestling.

Match of the Year- Lionheart vs Wolfgang: ICW Santa Gravy

I was lucky enough to see one send off match Live when Lionheart facing the only other BCW, SWA and PBW Triple Crown champion in Scotland, Wolfgang. In a match that showed why both men are considered legends Lionheart and Wolfgang went to war in front of a crowd that was brought to tears in the aftermath when Lionheart cut an emotionally charged promo.

Summary of 2012

Lionheart had a slow year by his amazing standards. Defending the PBW Tag Team Titles alongside Wolfgang before losing them to Blaze and Rampage in September. His last match with PBW came against Noam Dar.

In BCW Lionheart retained the BCW Title for the whole of 2012, ending the year by beating Andy Wild.

ICW saw Lionheart turn face and winning against Liam Thomson and Mikey Whiplash to earn a title shot at BT Gunn, though he failed to win the title. Afterwards Lionheart meandered in the Upper Midcard before challenging for the ICW Title again at Fear and Loathing in a 4 Way Match with Noam Dar, Wolfgang and ICW Champion Red Lightning, though he lost, he ended the year in the aforementioned Wolfgang match.

Lionheart is also the promotor of PWE, where he oversaw the 1st anniversary show starring AJ Styles and the crowning of the first PWE Heavyweight Champion Andy Wild.

Promoters view

Kid Fite-PBW Promotor

A tragic loss for not just the Scottish Scene but the UK scene in general after he recently announced his retirement from the ring. Without a doubt no one can deliver that big match feel better than Lionheart. Adored whereever he performed and a true company man, something which is becoming less common in an evergrowing selfish business. Never seen him have a bad match ones in 2012. Match with Wolfgang at ICW MOTY contender.

Social Media and Merch

As Lionheart is retired I don't know if he will still have merchandise for sale. He does have a "best of" DVD showing several matches from 2006-2010 available which was for sale at the last PWE show.

You can follow Lionheart on Twitter: @LionheartUK

What to expect from the future?

Wrestling Retirements are famously not permanent, and it would be surprising to see Lionheart returning in some capacity.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good job it's a list of people's favourites based on what they've seen and their subjective opinion, rather than an objective list based on unquestionable metrics of quality, then.

As for any form of entertainment, any "top of" is subjective. What do you count? Wins/losses? Not in pro wrestling, for obvious reasons. Number of matches wrestled? So if a wrestler gets injured he's screwed, so no. Only personal opinions are left. And they matter. Because if a majority of fans decide that Wrestler A is not good, even if he actually is Macho Man reincarnated, he will not draw. Therefore he will not be booked.

I like this "Top 25". Of course it can't reflect 100% everyone's opinion, because it that case we should be collecting everyone's opinion, but it is a good way to spend some time.

If you like, think of it as a wrestling match. Hope that your favourite wins (mine is still out there, Noam was my number 2), boo if he loses, be aware that it is a show.

7th

BT Gunn

2010 Ranking- 4th

2011 Ranking-1st

Down 6

64164_3574493486706_1749597274_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

BT Gunn has not given me his views.

Highlight of 2012-Double Champion

Starting the year already PBW Champion. BT Gunn became the first man to hold the PBW and ICW Titles simultaneously when he beat James Scott to win the ICW Title at the First Annual Square Go . These title reigns both ran several months before he lost the ICW Title to Red Lightning and then at the end of the year the PBW Championship to Liam Thomson

Match of the Year-BT Gunn vs James Scott : ICW Championship

As already stated in James Scott's write up, this back and forth match was an early MOTY candidate.

Summary of 2012

BT Gunn's run as PBW Champion ran until Mid December making it over a year in 2012 he beat Red Lightning, Nathan Cruz, Mikey Whiplash, Jack Jester, TJ Rage, Bad Bones, Rampage Brown, Liam Thomson and Stixx to retain the title before losing to Thomson. He then teamed with Stevie Xavier a team that seems to be continuing into the new year.

In ICW Gunn won the ICW Title and retained it against Jack Jester and Wolfgang twice ,James Scott and Lionheart before losing the title to Red Lightning and losing the rematch in less than 2 minutes. Gunn then disappeared before turning heel by attacking his friend Chris Renfrew and costing him the ICW Title. Gunn became a psychotic heel attacking wrestlers indiscriminately and cutting both his own hair and the hair of others. This new Gunn has yet to wrestle a match however.

Gunn made several appearances for BCW and SWA.

Promoters view

Kid Fite-PBW Promotor

Perhaps the most popular star in Scotland today, can bring life to even the most stubborn crowds and like Davey Blaze and Andy Wild is finding himself more than ever in demand south of the border which will only raise his profile further in 2013

Damien O'Conor- SWA Promoter

BT is without a doubt the highest octane performer in Scotland. I think he

• Paid Members
Good job it's a list of people's favourites based on what they've seen and their subjective opinion, rather than an objective list based on unquestionable metrics of quality, then.

As for any form of entertainment, any "top of" is subjective. What do you count? Wins/losses? Not in pro wrestling, for obvious reasons. Number of matches wrestled? So if a wrestler gets injured he's screwed, so no. Only personal opinions are left. And they matter. Because if a majority of fans decide that Wrestler A is not good, even if he actually is Macho Man reincarnated, he will not draw. Therefore he will not be booked.

I like this "Top 25". Of course it can't reflect 100% everyone's opinion, because it that case we should be collecting everyone's opinion, but it is a good way to spend some time.

If you like, think of it as a wrestling match. Hope that your favourite wins (mine is still out there, Noam was my number 2), boo if he loses, be aware that it is a show.

It seems like you're agreeing with what I'm saying. Have I missed your point or did you miss mine?

Because by (genuine) coincidence the two wrestlers who vocally objected to Noam Dar's placing were the next two on the list, and when these guys are obviously annoyed enough to post about Dar I didn't want to appear to have deliberately demoted them.

• Paid Members

Seems fishy to me. Two lads have a go at the list and suddenly they are next out the traps. Most of the Scottish wrestlers I've heard of have already came out. Who's going to fill the rest of the list? Lionheart, Noam Dar and Bart Gunn should have definitely been in the top half of the table.

Seems fishy to me. Two lads have a go at the list and suddenly they are next out the traps. Most of the Scottish wrestlers I've heard of have already came out. Who's going to fill the rest of the list? Lionheart, Noam Dar and Bart Gunn should have definitely been in the top half of the table.

Mikey Whiplash and Joe Coffey have especially had a good last 12 months. If you're counting Joe Coffey's achievements in heading for Japan, then he's worth a shout. And Whiplash is Whiplash.

Liam Thomson is very very good, even if he's not had the best of years by his own standards, and Wolfgang has been a revelation these days. Nikki Storm a possible? Mark Coffey hasn't been out either I don't think.

6th

Mark Coffey

2010 Ranking- Did Not Rank

2011 Ranking-Did Not Rank

New Entry

22589_10151166664939775_2050462481_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Mark Coffey

Highlight of 2012-Japan Bound

Mark Coffey has been a stand out star of the year, still in his first three years of wrestling however at the end of 2012 Mark Coffey featured in the main event of SWA's Zero 1 European tryout show (not the Coffeys first tryout at the end of the year, but thats another story ;) : ) alongside his brother Joe against the team of Jordan Devlin and Sean Maxer

Despite losing the match Mark Coffey was offered the chance to wrestle for Zero 1 in 2013.

Match of the Year-Mark Coffey vs Prince Devitt: SWA Source

Mark Coffey has been one of Sources top stars, and this granted him a match with 3 time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion "Prince" Fergal Devitt as part of his double appearance in Scotland in September, the match was the main event and Coffey was able to hang with the Irish Superstar in a fantastic match.

Summary of 2012

Mark Coffey has had a fantastic year, SWA has been his home promotion, he started the year under the gimmick Mark Anthony where he challenged for the Laird of the Ring Title (held by Joe Coffey), he teamed with Paul Tracy to challenge the WMDs for the SWA Tag Team Belts, he also reached the final of the Pride Championship tournament in a triple threat with Glen Dunbar and eventual winner Dickie Divers. Afterwards Mark turned face and began appearing under his own name facing Fergal Devitt, taking part in the Battlezone (after saving Johnny Kidd from a post match attack by Mikey Whiplash) and Main Eventing SWA: Zero 1.

In PBW Mark appeared with Joe Coffey as a tag team beating the teams of Grado & JD Bravo and Chris Rampage and Jamie Feerick and challenging for the PBW Tag Titles.

In ICW Mark debuted at the Square Go before teaming with Joe Coffey as a pair of tweener ass kickers, reaching the semi finals of the ICW Tag Tournament and eventually turning heel and joining forces with Red Lighting , becoming part of the Save Pro Wrestling movement. As a singles competitor Mark Coffey faced Mikey Whiplash.

Promoters view

Damien O'Conor- SWA Promoter

Mark Coffey is the fastest rising star in Scotland. No doubt about it. With not even two years under his belt, he

Its not that, just a bit bored with the concept. Also as much as I try not to take the moaning personally, it gets a little tiring after a while

A real shame. IT's great to see some recognition for the work done in Scotland.

Liam Thomson is very very good, even if he's not had the best of years by his own standards

I'm not sure on that. I always thought Liam was a great wrestler but I got shown footage from W3L shows as King Liam. I thought he did a bang up job doing something more gimmicky. Then he finally won a major title after all the years of being known as underrated. Others may have louder voices behind them but I think he's done very well.

Mark Coffey

Not surprised at all he made the list. From what I've both seen and heard he's had a stunning year. Hopefully I get to see him wrestle one last time before he heads overseas.

We enter the top 5 tomorrow. I can reveal now the top 5 in ALPHABETICAL ORDER is

Joe Coffey

Liam Thomson

Mikey Whiplash

Nikki Storm

and Wolfgang

Who will Win. Find out this week in the last ever UKFF Scottish Top 25

Archived