UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

18th

James Scott

2010 Ranking-3rd

2011 Ranking-3rd

DOWN 15

429424_10150628705374775_1391983403_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

James Scott has yet to get back to me with his views. This is my personal opinion

Highlight of 2012-Champion

In a relatively quiet year for Scott his most stand up moment was winning the BCW Tag Team Championship alongside Wolfgang as T2K. Scott never lost the belts as he was injured when Jack Jester and Mikey Whiplash defeated Wolfgang at No Blood No Sympathy

Match of the Year- James Scott vs BT Gunn: ICW Title, ICW:Square Go

A match over a year in the making, Gunn and Scott had a barnstormer at ICW's Square Go. In a company more famous for weapons and blood, this match was devoid of both, yet blew away anyone lucky enough to be in the crowd that night.

Summary of 2012

James Scott has had a quiet year by his standards.

In ICW Scott started ICW Champion, losing to BT Gunn at ICW Square Go. He then faced Sean South and Falcon in Singles match before teaming with Wolfgang in the ICW Tag Team Title Tournament losing to the Bucky Boys in the First Round. He then started a feud with Wolfgang which so far has yet to lead to a match (though as Iron Man match is advertised for ICW Square Go) when Jame Scott Walked out of a match with Wolfgang.

He has made several appearances for PBW, facing Jack Jester, Scott Maverick, Saqib Ali, Stevie Xavier and Mikey Whiplash. He was also the first challenger to Liam Thompson at PBW's last show of the year, though he was not victorious.

He had a strong year in BCW, winning the tag team titles. Scott also teamed with Wolfgang challenging the WMD's for the tag team titles in SWA.

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

A true veteran of the Scottish scene with an impressive CV that not many folk are aware of due to him being so humble. In my opinion he was solid in 2012 as would be expected from someone like Scott but missed a lot of shows and I do hope that 2013 will be a year where he becomes one of the main talking points at PBW once again. Deserves far more expsoure down south that he is currently recieving.

Damien O'Connor: SWA Promoter

Scott is still one of the top wrestlers in Scotland. In 2012 he has got himself into phenomenal shape, and has had some crackers for us this year. If memory serves, a great match with Chris Saynt in Clydebank and his match with Wolfgang vs. WMD’s meant that James was a great hand this year.

I’d imagine much the same for Scott in SWA 2013, elsewhere a huge match up in ICW vs long term rival Wolfgang in ICW, I personally can’t wait to see

Social Media and Merch

As far as I know James Scott's I-Stomp T-Shirt is still available at shows Jame Scott performs at.

You can follow James Scott on Twitter : @JamesScottG

What to expect from the future?

James Scott goes into this year title less, an unusual situation for Scott. One would assume this will be rectified very quickly.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17th

Davey Blaze

2010 Ranking-18th

2011 Ranking-19th

Up 2

541852_10200464638484202_1391862041_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

This is the Views of Davey Blaze

Highlight of 2012- A Second ASW Run

Davey had several highlights of 2012 , however this was the first one on his list. Blaze did a run for ASW in 2012, his second so far in his career, an amazing achievement for someone who is still in their teens.

Match of the Year-ICW Tag Team Championship-S.T.I (William Grange and Dickie Divers) vs The Bucky Boys (Davey Boy and Stevie Boy): TLC Match

The final of ICW's Tag Team Title Tournament was a TLC match (ICW's first) between long time warring teams STI and the Bucky Boys. The match featured more jaw dropping moments then I dare count.

Summary of 2012

Blaze has had a fantastic year. In PBW Blaze alongside Chris Rampage won the PBW Tag Team Titles, ending the reign of Lionheart and Wolfgang and have kept hold of the titles since winning them in September beating several teams, the most experienced being the Coffey Brothers.

Blaze also became a cornerstone of ICW as part of the Bucky Boys, reaching the ICW Tag Team Tournament Final, Main Eventing Supersmoking Thunderbowl as part of Team ICW. He was also involved in 2 firsts (about 2 minutes apart from each other) the first man to tea bag Kid Fite, and the first person, possibly ever, to receive a knife edge chop, well... in the tea bags.

Blaze also made several appearances for BCW, PWE and down south for PCW. Blaze also appeared alongside trainer Kid Fite on Channel 4 in "100 Hard Hits"

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

Looks like a wrestler, can play both face and heel very effectively and has an intense style in the ring which is pretty much unmatched in the Scottish scene. Having a great run with Chris Rampage as PBW tag team champion and recieved some well earned exposure in FSM at the end of the year. Another to watch out for in 2013.

Social Media and Merch

Davey Blaze has new merchandise being released in ICW in 2013.

You can follow Davey Blaze on twitter : @davidcoyle2

Blaze may be recieving an ICW Title shot as Square Go. So a first singles belt could be in Blazes future.

Would be lazy to label him the Scottish Mad Man Manson. Didnt realise he was so young. Should continue to rise on lists like this

I don't think anyone would do that. He's not anything like Mad Man Manson. I'm a huge fan of this guy.

Seen a couple on me fb feed label him as such. Im like, er what now, I think it's mainly because they follow PCW and very little else though. iirc was the 'plant' in the crowd who fought Dave Rayne on the 2nd show andthey cant remember that either. So big hairy Baws to them. As said, what I've seen of him is hugely impressive.

Edit- Happy Birthday!

16th

Red Lightning

2010 Ranking-6th

2011 Ranking-17th

Up 1

553866_10151519341545620_960259203_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of 2012-ICW Heavyweight Champion

Without doubt Red's biggest moment (and quite possibly the biggest moment in ICW History) was Red Lightning winning the ICW Heavyweight Championship. Taking advantage of an exhausted BT Gunn. Red Lightning cashed in his Square Go won title match after being away for several months, you can see the video of the title win

Match of the Year-ICW Heavyweight Championship: Grado vs Red Lightning ©

Whilst Grado gets the glory from this match from Fans, it should never be forgotten, for their to be a hero, there must be a villain, and this match proves, in the UK right now there is almost no villain as good as Red Lightning. Don't believe me, see it for yourself

Summary of 2012

Without doubt Red's year has been dominated by ICW where he has rocketed up to Main Event status as a singles wrestler. He start the year losing to Lionheart before winning the first ever ICW Square Go. After victories over Johnny Moss and Rob Cage Red begun to build momentum, however due to personal circumstances Red disappeared from Scottish Wrestling, his return saw his first major title run, and the birth of Save ProWrestling. Red Lightnings run to date has lead to several victories, as of yet he is yet to actually win without a singles match without the plate of his old title belt (which fell of when he won the belt, he has since been awarded a new belt), however so far he has racked up victories against BT Gunn, Grado, Chris Renfrew, Wolfgang, Lionheart and Noam Dar. In December the Save Pro Wrestling movement grew when the Coffey Brothers joined. The new trio then beat the team of the Bucky Boys and Jimmy Havoc to end the year.

Red has also made several appearances for PBW including getting PBW Heavyweight and Tag Team Title shots in 2012. He also made appearances for PWE and BCW.

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

The best mic man in Scotland today, years of experience working the holiday camp scene has seen him become a master of story telling, he can read any crowd and at times has like a sixth sense in what he has to do to get that perfect reaction from then whether he is playing face or heel. Has tol me first hand he plans on getting back into the gym this year which will increase his bookings even further I imagine.

Social Media and Merch

You can follow Red Lightning :@RedLightningUK

I have also been asked to promote #saveprowrestling

The Save Pro Wrestling movement looks unstopable, and as their leader Red Lightning even more so.

Sorry to leave this so late, been busy all day

Red's gonna love this.

15th

Glen Dunbar

2010 Ranking-Did Not Rank

2011 Ranking-16th

Up 1

glendunbar-4.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of 2012-Wrestling Johnny Kidd

In Scotland it is a rare site to see Glen Dunbar as the less experienced competitor in a match, however this was the case when he faced the legendary Johnny Kidd in a fine match.

Match of the Year- 2012 Battlezone

Glen Dunbar had a fantastic performance in the SWA Battlezone match, after entering second Dunbar was in the ring for the majority of the match.

Summary of 2012

Dunbar had mainly performed for SWA/Source. He started the year with the Laird of the Ring championship before losing it to previous champion Joe Coffey. He had several matches with Lewis Girvan and Jam O'Malley including a triple threat between the three at SWA Source in Clydebank. Dunbar also formed an alliance with Britain's Most Wanted and won a future title show for the PRIDE Championship. He wrestled at the first PRIDE show in a tag team match.

Promoters view

Damo O'Conor- SWA Promoter

I think I

Not seen enough of this guy. Which is a shame, because I really liked him for a spell. When I DO see him, I'm usually impressed. Tyler picking up on him being a sneaky cunt is a good thing, as that's been a key to him being much better as a character.

Red Lightning... well, he should probably be much much higher. He's had an incredible year in ICW, which is where I've seen him the most, but the best match I seen him in was in PBW before his layoff when he and Noam Dar had an absolute scorcher. Everything about Red Lightning just works.

14th

Dickie Divers

2010 Ranking-=20th

2011 Ranking-13th

Down 1

dickiedivers-7.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of 2012- ICW Tag Team Champions

Dickie Divers has been part of the Tag Team "The Superior Talent Initiative" (STI) with William Grange. And in 2012 STI became the first ever ICW Tag Team Champions beating the Models, The Coffeys and finally long time rivals the Bucky Boys to become ICW Tag Team Champion.

Match of the Year-SSW Doug Williams vs Dickie Divers

Doug Williams is a legend of the business not just in the UK but around the world. Divers wrestled Williams at SSW in a great match.

Summary of 2012

The majority of Divers year has been spent in SWA/Source where Divers both challenged Joe Coffey for the SWA Laird of the Ring title and won the Pride Title in a tournament in a Triple Threat Match. This title became PRIDE's main championship and he beat Scott Renwick in the main event of the first PRIDE show.

Divers also appeared in ICW as part of STI facing against several teams and picking up wins against the Models, the Coffeys, The Bucky Boys and Fight Club.

He also made appearances for SSW

Promoters view

I think I

13th

Jack Jester

2010 Ranking- 8th

2011 Ranking-14th

Up 1

419776_3472585299065_1260862901_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Jester has yet to get back to me on his view, this is my personal opinions

Highlight of 2012- BCW Tag Team Champion

Jack Jester and Mikey Whiplash have been at war in ICW. However in BCW they have formed a deadly tag team, ending the year beating Wolfgang for the BCW Tag Team Titles and then retaining the titles against the team of Grado and former WWE Superstar U-Gene Dinsmore

Match of the Year-Jack Jester vs BT Gunn: ICW Heavyweight Championship

In BT Gunn's first title defense, and ICW's debut in the Garage. Jack Jester faced BT Gunn in a match that may rank on the Muta Scale. The match features an extremely bloody BT Gunn and one of the most insane bumps in Scottish Wrestling History. Check it out

(Jester vs Gunn Starts 22 minutes in. Warning Contains Swearing and Blood)

Summary of 2012

Jack Jester has been a star in ICW, Main Eventing 3 Shows, The aforementioned Gunn title match , a 4 way featuring Gunn, Wolfgang and James Scott also for the ICW Title, and Jester was part of Team ICW in the 5 on 5, ICW vs Ofcom match. He also continued his feud with Mikey Whiplash beating him at Square Go , losing to Whiplash in a barbaric Last Man Standing match and teaming with Grado against Jam O'Malley and Whiplash.

However this feud with Whiplash did not appear in BCW where Jester teamed with Whiplash and won the BCW Tag Team Title.

In PBW Jester made several appearances for PBW, Challenging for the PBW Heavyweight and Tag Team Titles.

Promoters view

Kid Fite-PBW Promotor

No one does it better on the family shows when it comes to being just a badass. He looks like a star, carries himself like and star and isnt shy on getting stuck right in. Was unlucky not to make his debut for WXW in 2012. Saying that though with him being one of the main talking points in ICW due to a string of strong displays, it wont be long before he starts to get that much needed expsoure outside of Scotland.

Jester has hit top form in 2012, and I think a lot of that has come down to him being OUT of his comfort zone. In 2011, I

Archived