UKFF 2012 Scottish Top 25: The Results

AJS269

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noam Dar will take it and deservedly so. Can see Wild and Whippy being possible 2 and 3.

Ermmmm...

UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

12th

Andy Wild

2010 Ranking-10th

2011 Ranking-12th

NO CHANGE

292743_371971359545053_1009902604_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of 2012- Triple Champion

"Every single match i wrestled in this year was a highlight for me in different ways. I enjoyed every match i took part in and felt lucky to gain the experience i have throughout this year." This is Wild's own response to this question and shows how great a year Wild has had. In Scotland Wild ends the year with 3 Championships. The BCW Openweight Title he began the year with, the ICW Zero-G Championship and in September he became the first winner of the PWE Heavyweight Title.

Match of the Year-Andy Wild vs Noam Dar at PWE Elite Knockout: Night 2- PWE Championship Final

Wild and Noam Dar are no strangers to each other as opponents, however their best match was facing of for the PWE Championship in the Title Tournament. In a back and forth contest. Wild emerged victorious.

Summary of 2012

Wild has had a fantastic year in Scotland.In BCW he retained the BCW Openweight Championship he won in 2011 for the whole year and was the last man to wrestle Lionheart in Scotland challenging him for the BCW Heavyweight Title at No Blood No Sympathy 10 Night 2, though he did not win that night.

In ICW Wild and Noam Dar faced off for the Zero G Title before teaming up in the first round of the Tag Tournament, only for Dar to walk out on Wild. In a triple threat between the two also involving Christopher, Wild finally won the Zero G Title. After winning it Wild slowly turned heel during a match with Jimmy Havoc, becoming angry that his belt had not been replaced like the ICW Heavyweight Belt, or the new Tag Team titles, this was the reason cited for the canceling of a Dar rematch at ICW Fear and Loathing (In reality it was due to Wild's partner giving birth) he has since also beat Scott Maverick to end the year with the title.

In PWE he is the champion of the company, beating TNA Star Magnus, Kid Fite and Noam Dar to win the title. He also wrestled former TNA and Dragon Gate Wrestler Mark Haskins.

In PBW Wild has made several appearances as a face.

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

Had a great 2012, very versatile performer that has seen his stock sharply rise last year due to ever growing exposure down south and a weel earned PWE heavyweight title win. Defo one of the Scottish workers to keep an eye on in 2013.

Social Media and Merch

You can purchase 'Lets Go Wild' T-shirts priced at

Fuck off! No way has there been 11 better wrestlers in Scotland over the last 12 months. I wouldn't say there's been ANY actually.

I don't know. I'd imagine Mikey Whiplash and Joe Coffey are coming up. No offence intended towards Wild, but those two are sure to be high up.

I'm surprised Red and Jester didn't go higher considering their work in ICW has been top notch. But I'm glad to see Divers and Dunbar are on the list. Dunbar especially has been fantastic this year. But in fairness I've seen more of him than most as all the ICW stuff I'v seen has been online.

11th

Kid Fite

2010 Ranking-5th

2011 Ranking-7th

Down 4

523913_10150900423536916_845005090_n.jpg

Photographer Unknown, picked by Kid Fite

This is a mix of my personal views and the views of Kid Fite

Highlight of 2012- PBW

Kid Fite has always been a great wrestler, but at the same time he is a fine promoter and 2012 was perhaps PBW's strongest year to date, including holding a show at the Pavilion Theater in Glasgow drawing over 1000 fans.

Match of the Year-Kid Fite vs Sean Maxer: BCW

seen here was one of the four matches suggested by Fite, however two of them were in England, and this match has a youtube link and the other one didn't, so here it it.

Summary of 2012

Kid Fite has had a strong year as a wrestler.

Kid Fite reformed Fight Club with Liam Thomson in the ICW Tag Team Title tournaments, and reached the semi finals beating Ofcom before losing to the Bucky Boys (Teaming with Johnny Moss who stood in for an injured Thomson). Fight Club beat STI the show before STI won the tag titles, Fight Club have since challenged STI twice for the title, first in a 4 way tag match and secondly a tag match against STI though Fight Club lost both matches. As a singles competitor Fite was involved in the tournament to become number 1 contender losing to Mikey Whiplash. Also Kid Fite tea bagged ..... everyone.

Fite made several appearances for PWE including reaching the semi finals of the PWE Title tournament, beating Wolfgang, forming an alliance with Charles Boddington before losing to eventual winner Andy Wild.

In BCW Kid Fite was a heel and has continued to be in and around the main event scene, ending the year winning a number one contenders match.

Down South Kid Fite appeared regularly for PCW, winning the tag titles with Liam Thomson. He also made appearances for AWW.

Promoters view

Damien O'Conor-SWA Promoter

Kid Fite is in my view, the most realistic heel in Scotland. Shows a great intensity in ring and in promos where he's literally frothing at the mouth in his anger. When he hits someone, he makes it look like he means it.

Has had a great year on the other side of the fence as a face in ICW, he and Liam Thomson are always innovative, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fight Club took the belts this year. Elsewhere in Scotland, I could legitimately see him as BCW Heavyweight Champion by the end of 2013.

Social Media and Merch

Kid Fite has a youtube channel : KidFiteTV

He also has a twitter: @kid_fite

Kid Fite is also the head trainer of the PBW Academy, they hold sessions at Barrhead Sports Centre every Sunday, for more details go to PBW's Website. http://www.pbwwrestling.com

What to expect from the future?

The Solid Dependable Kid Fite can always provide great matches, with the BCW Heavyweight Title shot in his future a long deserved title run may be on the cards

10th

Damien O'Connor

2010 Ranking-12th

2011 Ranking-6th

Down 4

560145_4155961663047_907074380_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson, picked by Damien O'Conor

These are the views of Damien O'Connor

Highlight of 2012-Clash of the Titans

In 2012 W3L and SWA co-promoted in the Super-Show Clash of the Titans. The show was a high point in a strong year for both Promotions with a Main Event between Joe Coffey and Prince Devitt. O'Connor himself took a victory against legendary wrestler Johnny Kidd for the W3L Title. You can see this show on DVD which is avaliable online here.

Match of the Year-Damien O'Connor vs Mikey Whiplash

This match was important for two reasons, firstly one this match was the start of Whiplash's push to the SWA title, it was also the first time the two main trainers of the Source Wrestling School had wrestled in a one on one match, a technical but hard hitting encounter. Check it out

Summary of 2012

O'Connor's main contribution has been as the promoter of SWA, which had an extremely strong 2012, including linking up with the Zero-1 Promotion in Japan and Co-promoting with W3L. In ring O'Connor wrestled for most of the year as a face including facing Mikey Whiplash and Doug Williams, however after a losing streak Damien turned heel rejoining with Scott Renwick, reforming BMW and (with the help of BMW's former manager Nikki Storm) winning the W3L/SWA Tag Titles.

O'Connor also had an excellent year with the W3L promotion, holding the W3L title over most of the year with victories over WOS legend Johnny Kidd and Drew McDonald amongst others. O'Connor eventually lost the title to Mike Musso in a Steel Cage match, ending a title reign of over a year.

O'Connor also made appearances for the censorship stable Ofcom, revealed as one of Ofcoms leaders he appeared twice beating the team of Drew McDonald , Wolfgang and Grado, and being part of team Ofcom in a 10 person Glasgow Street Fight. He also appeared in ICW's sister promotion ICW:FF as one of Miss Nicola Storms bodyguard's. O'Connor also became one of the first male wrestlers to appear for EVE wrestling Mark Coffey at Special Edition.

Promoters view

Mike Musso-W3L Promoter

W3L Champion for most of 2012, ready made gimmick as W3L

9th

Noam Dar

2010 Ranking- 7th

2011 Ranking- 9th

NO CHANGE

559356_10151519336625620_1519570892_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Noam Dar

Highlight of 2012-High Expectations, Higher Results

With the exception of perhaps Lionheart no-one in Scottish Wresting worked for as wide a range of companies against such high caliber stars as Noam Dar. Dar has made appearances down south for IPW:UK, PCW and Dragon Gate UK to name but a few, and has face several major stars, including ROH and TNA World Champions. This has lead to Noam Dar become one of the most sought after talents in British Wrestling, which is no mean feet, especially considering Dar isn't even in his 20s yet.

Match of the Year-Noam Dar Vs AJ Styles: PWE Elite vs Phenomenal

The biggest star Noam Dar has faced in 2012 was without doubt former NWA and TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles. The match was the main event of PWE's 1st Anniversary show. In a back and forth contest Dar showed he could keep up with the TNA Superstar. The match is available on DVD from PWE.

Summary of 2012

Noam Dar had a good year in Scotland, in PBW Dar won the annual King of Cruisers match the first time he had done so in his career. Dar also wrestled Lionhearts last match in PBW beating his long time rival. He also challenged for the UEWA Cruiserweight title but was unsuccessful.

In PWE Dar was a main event talent, beating Mark Haskins and Losing to AJ Styles before beating Mikey Whiplash and El Ligero to reach the final of the PWE Title Tournament, only to lose to Andy Wild in the final.

Dar started the year as ICW Zero G Champion, retaining it until losing it to Andy Wild in a three way match also involving Christopher. He also teamed with Wild in the Tag Title tournament, though he walked out on Wild. Dar then aimed higher, challenging for the ICW Title in a four way match also involving Lionheart , Wolfgang and Red Lightning (Dar was a last minute replacement for James Scott)

Dar also appeared for BCW as well as several Promotions down South

Promoters view

Kid Fite-PBW Promotor

Simple 2012 belonged to Noam Dar and he is just getting started

Social Media and Merch

At Present Dar has no merchandise for sale.

You can follow Dar on Twitter: @NoamDar

What to expect from the future?

Dar is becoming a main event talent, 2013 may be the year we stop talking about Dar as a future Main Event champion, but as a Champion fullstop

I'm thinking of people who haven't come out. BT Gunn, Wolfgang, Liam Thomson and Lionheart all had strong years. Not as strong as Noam's I feel, but I could see an argument made for them. As for the rest of the list, we'll just need to see! Fairly sure there's folk I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Mikey Whiplash and The Coffeys you could make an argument for as well. Which would make seven.

Sorry but calling bullshit, Noam should be Number 1 on this, at least the top 3, the boy has had probably the best year I've ever seen a Scottish Wrestler have, was part of wXw's biggest weekend, became the first ever PCW Cruiserweight Champion and the 2012 King of Cruisers, had great matches against John Morrison, AJ Styles, Sami Callihan, Johnathon Gresham, Matt Cross, Prince Devitt, Mark Haskins, Sean Maxer, Jerry Lynn, Emil Sitoci, Lion Kid, Davey Richards, Lionheart, Andy Wild, Zack Sabre Jr. and lots more. No way anyone had a better 2012 than him nevermind 8 other people...

And what if you haven't seen many of them matches? How many of them matches didn't take place here?

There will be people who have mainly seen SWA. Mainly seen ICW. Mainly seen BCW. Mainly seen PBW. Mainly seen PWE. People have had solid years in ALL of those promotions. In a couple of them, MUCH better years.

It's pretty obvious that it's not all that outlandish to see Noam Dar place as lowly as he did. Especially considering those who are still to come out. There may well be a couple of names that turn the heads a bit, but I'd be willing to bet you can make a decent argument for the majority, depending on what promotions people have seen.

• Paid Members
Sorry but calling bullshit, Noam should be Number 1 on this, at least the top 3, the boy has had probably the best year I've ever seen a Scottish Wrestler have, was part of wXw's biggest weekend, became the first ever PCW Cruiserweight Champion and the 2012 King of Cruisers, had great matches against John Morrison, AJ Styles, Sami Callihan, Johnathon Gresham, Matt Cross, Prince Devitt, Mark Haskins, Sean Maxer, Jerry Lynn, Emil Sitoci, Lion Kid, Davey Richards, Lionheart, Andy Wild, Zack Sabre Jr. and lots more. No way anyone had a better 2012 than him nevermind 8 other people...

Good job it's a list of people's favourites based on what they've seen and their subjective opinion, rather than an objective list based on unquestionable metrics of quality, then.

Archived