UKFF 2012 Scottish Top 25: The Results

AJS269

Good Evening. I hope you all had a fantastic new year. With voting done, 38 voters and 60 wrestlers nominated we now have the results of this years poll.

As before the results will be posted 1 a day starting from the wrestler who finished 25th tomorrow. In the mean time here are the wrestlers who just missed out on the top 25.

26th- Chris Renfrew (2010 Result- Joint 20th, 2011 Result- 20th)- Chris Renfrew missed out on 25th by a single point. Renfrew has had one of his strongest years. Main Eventing ICW's Super Smoking Thunderbowl as part of Team ICW, and getting a title shot at Red Lightning at the next show. Aside from this he had a mini feud with "Teen Sensation Christopher, trading wins with the youngster and startedt a feud with long time friend BT Gunn which has been simmering away nicely. He also redebuted at SWA under the name "Sweet Daddy P" defeating Robbie Solar.

27th-Viper (2010 Result- Did not Rank , 2011 Result- Did not Rank)- Viper makes it into the top 30 cementing a strong year for the female powerhouse. Made appearances for SWA as a heel including an impressive display in the 30 person Battlezone. She also wrestled Bette Noire (AKA Lindsay Shields) at the debut show of ICW:FF. Also Viper has made waves outside Scotland wrestling in both of EVE pay per views , doing double duty at both ,picking up wins in 3 of the four matches either in Singles or teaming with Bette Noire as "She-X". Viper also made appearances over in France.

28th-Stevie Xavier (2010 Result- Did not Rank , 2011 Result- 18th)- Stevie Xavier falls down 10 places this year, made apperances at BCW, wrestled at PBW including in the yearly King of Cruisers Match, a match he won in 2011 , in 2012 however he was unsuccessful. And in ICW where alongside Davey Blaze as the Bucky Boys he progressed to the Final of the Tag Team Title tournament before losing to STI in a TLC match.He also was in the main event of Super Smoking Thunderbowl as part of team ICW.

29th- Kirsty Love (2010 Result- Did not Rank , 2011 Result- Did not Rank)- The young and charismatic Kirsty Love misses out on the top 25 this year, but after an impressive year including working both face and heel at SWA and working as the heelish Kirsty Loveign at ICW:FF. Outside Scotland Kirsty has become a fixture of EVE wrestling Janey Britanico and Viper in a three way dance at No Mans Land, losing to Rhia O'Reily at Special Edition and Losing to Blue Nikita in a bruising encounter at Wrestle Fever.

30th-Christopher Rampage (2010 Result- Did not Rank , 2011 Result- Did not Rank)-Rampage misses out on the top 20 for a third straight year despite a great year. Won the PBW tag team titles with long time tag team partner Davey Blaze in September beating Lionheart and Falcon (standing in for Wolfgang) and retaining it ever since in several matches and being joined by Kay Lee Ray as a manager. In ICW continued his run as the "Teen Sensation" Christopher, challenging for the ICW Zero G title in a triple threat match with Noam Dar and Andy Wild and beating top babyface Chris Renfrew.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, lets get this Show on the Road

UKFF 2012 SCOTTISH TOP 25

25th

GRADO

2010 Ranking- Did Not Rank

2011 Ranking- Did Not Rank

NEW ENTRY

560936_4404072385660_769475395_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of 2012- He got Booked

Grado's biggest moment came when , after several cameo appearances, Grado made his debut teaming with Wolfgang and the legendary Drew MacDonald against Damien O Conor, Scott Maverick and Jamie Feerick (Ofcom) (

Grados Debut in ICW was perhaps one of the largest pops in ICW History, and cemented him as a star instantly.

Match of the Year- ICW Super Smoking Thunderbowl: ICW World Championship- Grado vs Red Lightning

24th

CARMEL JACOB

2010 Ranking- 19th

RE-ENTRY

185013_10151073042580841_399191806_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Carmel Jacob has yet to get back to me with her personal highlights, so for now this is my personal opinion.

Highlight of 2012-A Golden Winter

Carmel won two titles in as many months at the end of the year. On November 18th Carmel won the W3L Womens Title defeating defending champion Nikki Storm and Sara in a Triple Threat Match. More success followed in December 1st when in Germany Carmel won the GSW Womens title, one of the most respected womens titles in Europe.

Match of the Year- Carmel vs Kayleigh Ray-ICW Fierce Females

Whilst I have yet to see this match, I have it from reliable sources that this match was the perhaps the best match Carmel and Kay Lee have ever had. High Praise indeed. This match is the main event of the DVD of ICW Fierce Females Debut show which available through their website http://www.fiercefemales.co.uk/

Summary of 2012

Carmel had an excelent year. Carmel's interpromotial feud with Kay Lee Ray continued with matches against her in ICW, PCW, EVE, PBW and PWE. The later two both being tags with Carmel teaming with Liam Thomson and Nikki Storm against El Ligero and Mickie James respectably. Another part of her year was taking on huge stars including the aforementioned former WWE Diva and Current TNA Knockout Mickie James, not once but twice at PWE during Elite Knockout, despite losing both matches Carmel impressed in both matches.

She also faced former TNA Knockout Angelina Love live on PPV at EVE's Wrestlefever, though losing by disqualification, however this lose was immediately avenged when Carmel and long time tag team partner Sara defeated Love and Erin Angel.

ICW saw an unusual site when Carmel and Kayleigh worked together for the majority of the year. Forming an alliance against firstly the Gold Label during the 30 wrestler Square Go and then against Mikey Whiplash in a handicap match before being caught and indoctrinated into Whiplashes "Pretty Little Things", a stable both were part of , mainly aiding Whiplash before Ray turned against them. Carmel then faced Ray at ICW:FF before costing Ray a place in the ICW:FF Title Tournament against April Davids.

Most of Carmel's other appearances have been managing Liam Thompson, including at W3L where she has been King Liam's Queen, the queen accquired a new piece of gold in the form of the W3L Womens Championship

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

Another Scottish star who had a great 2012, she competed all over the UK aswell as breaking into the European scene winning gold for the GSW promotion in Germany. Looks the part, charasmatic and can back it up in the ring.

Mike Musso- W3L Promoter

Finally became W3L Womens Champion in 2012 after a 5 year battle for the title. Has come so far since I first saw her work in 2007, really developed over the years into a solid performer.

Mikey Whiplash- ICW:FF Promoter

For me Carmel was always the unsung heroine of not just the women's scene but Scottish wrestling in general like so many other females in Scotland she's had some what of a break out year where she's main evented the first all female show in Scotland, wrestled in the same ring as Micki James and Angelina Love.

Although like years gone by where so much publicity is going to other females Carmel continues to put on top class matches wherever she wrestles she can now add to this two ongoing title reigns with W3L in Scotland and GWF in Germany.

Social Media and Merch

As far as I am aware Carmel does not currently have any merchandise avaliable.

You can follow Carmel on Twitter : @Carmel_Jacob

What to expect from the future?

One would expect many high quality matches from Jacob. It has also been implied that Carmel will recieve an EVE Title shot in the near future, could another title be added to an impressive collection?

Carmel Jacob stood out to me a bit a couple of years ago as someone who's a lot of fun as a heel. I think where she excels is making a crowd hate her. I'd say her and Nikki Storm are probably the two best as far as crowd involvement go with the female Scottish wrestlers.

Getting a drunk ICW crowd to give a fuck about women is a task in itself too.

23rd

JACKIE POLO

NEW ENTRY

12263_396405067103055_547424554_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Jackie Polo

Highlight of 2012-Calling out ICW

On July 7th Jackie Polo "Revealed" he was the man who had complained to Ofcom about ICW's breech of the rules.

Match of the Year- Grado vs Jackie Polo- SWA in Govan

Jackie Polo was Grado's first opponent of his return, as Polo will often tell you. He will also tell you of the fact that he beat Grado. As far as I am aware this match is not available on DVD or Youtube. Though I can say from being there live that it was an entertaining encounter.

Summary of 2012

Jackie Polo's main wrestling appearances have been in SWA and Source where he has been undefeated in 2012 with Victories over several wrestlers including Jam O Malley and Grado and Paul Tracey.

Polo also made appearances at ICW, presiding over his talk show "The Polo Lounge" at talk show where anything can happen, guests have included Ofcom, Scott Maverick, Mark Coffey, Jamie Feerick and Chris "Actually BT Gunn in a bald cap" Renfrew.

Jackie Polo made several appearances at W3L including challenging for the Tag Team championships at Wrestolution with Mark Coffey (As the Team "The Better Half") against the WMD's (Nathan Black and John "The Bomb" Graham).

Another version of "The Better Half" this time with Mark Sweeney won the SSW Tag Team titles, Polo has also been part of SSW heel stable "The Banned"

Polo has also made appearances for Wrestlezone, the debut show of PRIDE Wrestling and down south for the TTP promotion.

Promoters view

Damien O Conor- SWA Promoter

I’ve never been more encouraged by a talent than I am by Jackie Polo. A couple of years ago I seriously struggled to find places for Polo on the cards. His act wasn’t bad, his wrestling was great, don’t get me wrong, but it just didn’t quite fit.

Fast forward to 2012, and you’re now talking about the last true heel in Scottish Wrestling. In a time where every heel is cool, whether they try to be or not, Polo stands out as the most blatantly obnoxious and unlikeable wrestler on the shows. That’s a testament to his hard work, his fantastic wrestling brain and his ability to stay in character at all times. The fact that he’s worked so many workers, proves that he truly is a talent.

I expect massive things for him in 2013 and will make sure he gets the positions to do so. I know he’ll hold me to that too!

James St James- PRIDE Promoter

He’s a proper heel from the moment he turns up to the moment the fans have left the building. His wrestling is solid – and he goes the extra mile without having to be asked - but its the character he brings to the table that makes him and even away from the ring, it’s wonderful to see that even other wrestlers can’t tell whether to take his comments seriously or not. He ‘gets it’ and that understanding has made him an absolutely terrific antagonist in every environment he’s walked in

Social Media and Merch

You can follow Jackie Polo on twitter- @jackiepolo

Jack Polo contributes to the ICW fanzine INSANE (available at all ICW shows) In the next issue Jackie Polo will be doing a "career retrospective to retired wrestling failure LIONHEART."

Its hard to be sure what will come in 2013 for Polo. The most immediate event on the horizon is with SWA's newest cult hero Jack Gallacher.

It was close 22nd through to 26th was less than 10 points

Okay, preparing for the backlash of this already

The Man Scottish Wrestling Likes to Pretend doesn't exist.

22nd

JAM O'MALLEY

NEW ENTRY

555952_4391258505321_899038805_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Jam O Malley

Highlight of 2012-ICW Heel Turn

Mikey Whiplash and Lionheart were having one of the most chaotic matches (in a good way) in ICW History with Jam O Malley as referee. Lionheart had Mikey pinned, One, Two ......... the ref stopped and then, in perhaps one of the biggest (and most disgusting) twists of the year, Jam O'Malley revealed his allegiance with Mikey Whiplash and revealed he was wearing womens clothing, I'm not sure which reveal disturbed the crowd more.

Match of the Year- Jam O'Malley vs Lewis Girvan vs Glen Dunbar- SWA Source Clydebank

Jam O'Malley's quote to me was "any match that with Glen Dunbar", and this match was a personal favourite of mine, Dunbar had made an open challenge and when both Girvan and O'Malley answered an entertaining 3 way dance was made. This match straddled the line between comedy and great action.

Summary of 2012

Last year was very much a transitional year for Jam O'Malley. Over 2012 Jam made the transition in SWA and Source from Heel Manager/Occasional Wreslter to perhaps the most bizzare yet entertaining faces in Scotland. Excluding a loss to Jackie Polo and an appearance in the Battlezone mach most of his appearances were dedicated to his fued with Glen Dunbar ,facing him several times including tagging with Lindsay Shields against Dunbar and Nikki Storm , a triple threat also including Lewis Girvan. This feud also spilled into Pride and SWE.

Whilst in ICW he made a far darker turn, turning heel whilst refereeing the Number 1 Contenders tournament final between Lionheart and Mikey Whiplash. Jam became the newest member of "Pretty Little Things" however with his grotestque body art, he was far from Pretty, or Little. He became Whiplashes pet referee, aiding him to finally beat Jack Jester in a last man standing match with a fast count. His authority was regularly questioned and lead to attacks from Bad Bones, Lionheart and Jack Jester during matches. O Malley then made his in ring Debut for ICW tagging with Whiplash against Grado and Jack Jester, though it was O Malley who ate the pin.

He also made appearances in SSW and SWA (appearing in SWE's biggest show Hell for Lycra) and formed a tag team with the Equally Bizarre Euan G Mackie.

Promoters view

Jam O’Malley is the ultimate fuck you to the old guard in Scottish Wrestling. So many folk didn’t believe in him, didn’t get him, didn’t see it at all. Most folk told him he’d never be more than a ref. I could name names of all the folk who doubted him, but why bother, the fact that the true visionaries of this country are using him on cards, shows you don’t have to be the generic body shape, wear the generic ring gear, have a fucking daft indy name, or suck someones cock to be a success.

Jam deserves all the plaudits he gets. Jam may not be the best wrestler on the shows, not even close, but he’s consistently been getting the best feedback from my punters for the last 2 years. SWA is putting on the best “pure” wrestling in Scotland…..but there will always room for Jam O’Malley.

When it comes to look, style, persona – unconventional is the only word I can think of. He’s got a better mind for wrestling than people give him credit for and pays attention to every detail. After years of being told to stand aside, the past year has saw him grasp the spotlight with both hands and have fun. People love him for it. And so do I.

Social Media and Merch

Jam O Malley has merchandise available at SWA and Source shows.

You can follow Jam on Twitter. @TheSideshowJam

Erm, Do I really have to think of the things Jam O'Malley will get up to, I struggle to get to sleep as it is.

21st

LEWIS GIRVAN

NEW ENTRY

lewisgirvan-1.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Lewis Girvan

Highlight of 2012-Touring with All Star Wrestling

Lewis Girvan has made a lot of progress in the last couple of years, and this has lead to Girvan been offered the opportunity to work for ASW, a great achievement for any wrestler. Especially considering Girvan was only 17 during this run he made several highly impressive appearances.

Match of the Year- Lewis Girvan Vs Glen Dunbar SWA Family and Friends

Girvan has had several great matches with Glen Dunbar over 2012. The best of these was the during the last SWA Family and Friends show where Girvan and Dunbar had a fantastic match, that stole the show.

Summary of 2012

In Scotland , Girvan has made almost all his appearances for SWA and Source where he is seen as on of their biggest future stars, high praise considering talent they have produced in the last few years, having several great matches including challenging Joe Coffey for the Laird of the Ring title. He was also was involved in one of the hottest matches facing Jack Gallacher in a back and forth contest the fan reaction was so intense that Girvan actually turned heel over the course of the match. So much so that when Girvan reappeared for the Battlezone match he was quite possibly the most hated wrestler in the building.

Promoters view

Lewis is pretty much my first ever trainee, coming along to the old school when he was 13. He

20th

SCOTT RENWICK

2010 Ranking-11th

2011 Ranking-15th

Down 5

scottrenwick-1.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Scott Renwick

Highlight of 2012-BMW returns to SWA and wins the Unified Tag Team Titles

Scott Renwick and Damien O'Conor reunited for a third time in 2012 after drifting apart over 2011. However unlike before ,this incarnation of BMW wasn't the babyfaces of the first two runs, but heels with a new look and meaner attitude. This attitude, with the help of Nikki Storm, allowed BMW to win the Unified Scottish Tag Team Titles at SWA Battlezone beating the WMD's.

Match of the Year- Scott Renwick vs Tornado- SWA Ayr Tour

Scott Renwicks mean streak began in late 2011 however his match with Tornado was the first time Renwick entered into an SWA Ring after his heel turn. In a hard hitting confict Renwick had a great match with the rookie Tornado.

Summary of 2012

Renwick has had a strong 2012, his run as a heel giving Renwick a new fire, and had strong showings including the clash with Tornado and teaming with former manager Nikki Storm against Lewis Girvan and Kirsty Love, his momentum was halted by an injury but he returned in the reformed BMW, facing against the Coffey Brothers, Tornado and Robbie Solar and the WMDs the later being for the W3L/SWA Unified Tag Team Titles.

Renwick also made many appearances for SSW becoming one of their main-eventers and winning the SSW Heavyweight Championship.

Promoters view

I think Scott Renwick is horribly underrated as a performer, and feel that he has been an absolute revelation this year. A year where he has got married and had his first child, and still been able to put on fantastic matches, goes to show his utter talent.

We are so lucky to have such a positive figure available to us in SWA. A guy who is absolutely delighted to work face or heel. Willing to work against absolutely anybody. He’s literally a bookers wet dream, as he’ll never moan and will do exactly what you ask him to in ring.

His heel turn this year has been a revelation, with crackers against Tornado and Lewis Girvan to name a few, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he will produce in 2013.

One of the most trustworthy and reliable guys on my books who is a natural fit to any environment. He’s done unsung wonders this year like helping to build younger wrestlers - most notably Tornado in his debut match which helped make the guy look like a star – and with his talent and reliability he's become a very trusted hand in the ring.

Social Media and Merch

You can follow Scott on Twitter - @Scottythebutch

With the tag belts already in their possession, and Nikki Storm at their side, BMW and in particular their viscous Butcher look unbeatable. Will this continue in 2013?

• Paid Members
Carmel Jacob has yet to get back to me with his personal highlights, so for now this is my personal opinion.

Sort this out, it's doing my nut.

Air_Raid- Done

19th

Kay Lee Ray

2010 Ranking-Did Not Rank

2011 Ranking-Did Not Rank

NEW ENTRY

47896_253103214812324_681377052_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

These are the views of Kay Lee Ray

Highlight of 2012-Japan

Kay Lee Ray has had a stellar year, however the high point of 2012, and indeed Ray's career must be her trip to Japan at the very end of the year (as of writing she is still in Japan just now), where she has been appearing for the JWP and Gatoh Promotions facing a variety of opponents including Haley Hatred, Kaori Yoneyama, Emi Sakura, Sendai Sachiko and DASH Chisako

Match of the Year- Carmel vs Kay Lee Ray: ICW:FF

As was mentioned in Carmel Jacob's write up, this match was the deserving Main Event of the debut ICW:FF show.

Summary of 2012

Kay Lee Ray's year has been fantastic.

Kay Lee Ray main-evented shows for both ICW:FF and PWE the later being against one of Kay Lee Ray's heroes, Former Knockout Mickie James, a match that went to a DQ after interference from Carmel Jacob and Nikki Storm, James and Ray then teamed to beat Jacob and Storm.

Kay Lee Ray wrestled also wrestled for ICW in the Square Go Match, Teaming with Carmel in an intergender handi-cap match before becoming a member of Mikey Whiplash's "Pretty Little Things" before turning against Whiplash (leading to the ICW:FF Main Event). Ray then wrestled April Davids in an ICW:FF Title qualifier, losing by DQ.

She has made appearances in PBW and BCW facing long term rival Carmel Jacob in intergender tag team matches.

Ray also made appearances down south for PCW, Facing April Davids, Carmel Jacob, CJ Banks and former TNA Knockout Angelina Love. And for Pro Wrestling EVE beating Carmel Jacob and April David before losing to Nikki Storm at the Queen of the Ring tournament at No Mans Land (an achievement even more impressive when it the later 2 matches were done after Ray had a concussion) and unsuccessfully challenging Emi Sakura for the JWP title at Wrestlefever.

Promoters view

Kid Fite- PBW Promoter

Many are now saying she is Scotlands number 1 female and that may very well be true. A string of high profile matches in the UK with international talent have caught the eye of promoters in Japan where Kay Lee is currently on a monmth long tour and gaining great reviews and feedback. Random fact aswell she is the most looked at star on the PBW roster page by a fair margin.

Mikey Whiplash- ICW:FF Promoter

2012 has been some what of a break out year for Womens wrestling in Scotland and one of the figure heads of that charge was Kay Lee Ray. Weather she was in PBW,BCW, ICW or PWE she made sure the stigma of "the girls match" was a thing of the past.

Her main event match against Carmel at our Debut show was a sight to behold and proved to everyone in attendance that KLR was the real deal

Social Media and Merch

382168_536820116347022_713196349_n.jpg

Kay Lee Ray has a DVD produced by PCW and is avaliable at shows Kay Lee wrestles at and on PCW's own site http://www.prestoncitywrestling.com

You can follow Kay Lee Ray on Twitter: @Kay_Lee_Ray

Kay Lee Ray's talent has taken her places. Hopefully 2013 will continue to expand her horizons.

Archived