The Weird and Wonderful World of WCW Nitro

Forrest

• Paid Members

Debra McMichael ... in her role as the gossip queen. "You didnt hear this from me, but when God was handing faces, Woman thought she said cases and said 'I'll have a leather one please'." What a line that is.

That's probably the best insult I've ever heard in wrestling, brilliant.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked Mean Gene post match interviews, he was never really beat up or slapped around at first and didn't have the Wrestler bully him like the Rock even as a face would do.

He carried the stories on asking the questions, rather than the face or heel just picking up a microphone for no reason and then telling everyone what's going on.

I think that only lasted to about halfway into the nWo but he was all over the 95 Nitro's asking about Lex Luger and his tweener character, which was great at the time.

Slightly OT but I've ways rated Okerlund very highly in the early 90's WWF as well. He tended to add to the match or angle by berating the heel and always looking chuffed to bits whenever a face won the day. A huge part of my favourite era in wrestling was old Mean Gene in 91-92.

• Moderators

Anyone who sat through Okerlund in WCW surely can't see him as seeming like anything other than a massive fucking dick. See Madusa after she lost her retirement match and Malenko at Uncensored 98. He always just seemed a total arsehole in WCW.

Anyone who sat through Okerlund in WCW surely can't see him as seeming like anything other than a massive fucking dick. See Madusa after she lost her retirement match and Malenko at Uncensored 98. He always just seemed a total arsehole in WCW.

I haven't seen that much of WCWs tv hence all of my memories of Okerlund are from early 90s WWF.

Archived