CM Punk out injuried

martinQblank

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The WWE web site reported that the surgery to C.M. Punk was arthroscopic in nature, and Dr. James Andrews trimmed a cartilage tear that had caused his knee to lock up.

Given the nature of the surgery, he is only expected out of action a few weeks.

Well prob why they made it a TLC. More smoke and mirrors for CM punk. Logical booking.

The WWE web site reported that the surgery to C.M. Punk was arthroscopic in nature, and Dr. James Andrews trimmed a cartilage tear that had caused his knee to lock up.

Well prob why they made it a TLC. More smoke and mirrors for CM punk. Logical booking.

I seriously doubt that. It's a TLC pay per view, and Punk is the main event. It would have been booked as such either way.

Anyway, I wouldn't be arsed even if Punk got pulled from TLC, as long as he makes the Royal Rumble with The Rock, that's what really matters. This knee issue has apparently been a lingering thing, he probably opted to get it done now so he'd be 100% for Rumble time.

It gets Ryback out of doing a job he shouldn't be doing I suppose.

Weird logic. But Vince wants Ryback on the card. Ryback needs Punk to be the main event. I forsee that Punk is gonna be in that TLC match no matter what.

It gets Ryback out of doing a job he shouldn't be doing I suppose.

Weird logic. But Vince wants Ryback on the card. Ryback needs Punk to be the main event. I forsee that Punk is gonna be in that TLC match no matter what.

Would be risky if the injury is genuine though, the ryback/punk thing can wait

• Paid Members

There's no chance they will have him wrestling on Sunday with the Rock match next month. They've said in the next few days they will assess when he will be fit to return. That doesn't sound to me like they plan on putting him in the ring. Especially if its a TLC match.

Its only a B-PPV anyway. Have Ryback fight one of the Shield or something. Or put him in the Cena match, have him win the briefcase and have Ryback cash it in on the Big Show. You don't need CM Punk risking long term injury just to beat Ryback again.

EDIT: Or they could do what the spoiler says.

The injury occurred at the end of raw. The tlc stip was made looong before the injury. Besides, I don't think tlc is the sort of stip to hide a injury behind.

I guess Cena vs Ziggler will be promoted to a tlc match now.

So apparently he'll be healed up in a few weeks and will remain on TV, thankfully. It'd have been awful if Punk was to miss what is planned to be the biggest match of his career and the other options for an opponent for The Rock at the Rumble just aren't as logical.

• Paid Members

Could be an absolute blessing. Punk can skank his way out of defending his title this way and they can start building his match vs The Rock early, they don't have to struggle to find a way of having Ryback lose again on PPV whilst still keeping his heat and it gives us a chance to see all three of The Shield in action. It might have lost it's main event and perhaps the main reason to buy it, but it's only a B-PPV that nobody cares much about anyway.

Archived