What to do with Dolph Ziggler?

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

He's got Money in the Bank, but he loses and has lost to everyone in the main events a thousand times. He's possibly cursed by some of his talents in that he's incredible at making others look incredible. So that's what he gets used for. Constantly. Too much. WrestleMania season is approaching and he's still got a hold of Money in the Bank. Yet he seems to have been distanced from the Smackdown and World title scene side of things currently.

So what to do with Dolph Ziggler? And what to do with Money in the Bank? He's still being used as the go to go guy when a spot needs to be filled with someone credible with no real sign of developing him beyond that in any way. But then, Daniel Bryan was in an even worse situation before he cashed in and it seemed to change everything. But there's also the Jack Swagger factor to consider.

Will he cash in at Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber to secure a WrestleMania championship spot? Will he cash in at WrestleMania itself and be the first to do so? Will he even win the World Title when he cashes in?

I'd like to see something different done with Money in the Bank, I 100% do not want to see the opportunistic cash-in yet again. That would do nothing for Ziggler, someone who's already got a pathetic World title reign to his name that was handed to him. The MITB had been used as a tool to instigate a heel turn a few times, but never a face turn. I wouldn't mind seeing that done with Ziggler. I feel at this point a face turn is one of the few things that could possibly still save him and stop him from being used to put everyone else over. Using the MITB to do so could make it a big enough and significant enough moment. Him splitting from Vickie has been teased so many times and i feel it needs to happen at a big enough stage and significant angle that it doesn't get wasted. Moving away from her should be a big breakthrough moment for him and not simply in a throwaway moment on Raw, Smackdown or nothing PPV. Ditching her en route to cashing in Money in the Bank in the run up to 'Mania to turn him face is something I'd like to see. I think he'd be accepted as a face easily enough.

I can't see where any of that would fit in to the Sheamus-Show angle. But, apparently Orton wants to turn heel and he needs freshening up too and he's likely to be involved in the World title picture again soon. Orton turning heel against Sheamus to take the World title, only for Ziggler to cash in and challenge Orton at WrestleMania, with the face/heel dynamic changed, with Ziggler taking the title. I can see the WWE title being the Royal Rumble winners focus this time round so it should be free for that angle.

What to do with Dolph Ziggler?

I really, really thought he'd align himself with AJ thus turning his back on Vickie last night. I thought that before they revealed Cena they might have had Dolph come out of the Hotel Room. He needs something, anything to make him interesting. We all know hes a fantastic performer etc, but he needs more character, he needs to be better than just a guy who shows off or whatever it is. They clearly dont have a plan for him with the MITB briefcase, but why not a face turn. Havent seen a good face turn in a while and the MITB could be a pivotal tool in turning him into a decent good guy. They mayaswell try and do something with him now, its now or never, these are rather quiet months before RR and Wrestlemania so give him a go. Sheamus is probably going to be out of the picture if he loses to Show at SS so Ziggler could slot in there.

• Paid Members

He's 32 and he's been around since 2005, and they currently have the biggest depth problem they have ever had since the company first started. If they don't feel like he's worth pushing now, they may never think so. Ziggler is a good hand who can make people they are more interested in look better. He's like the 123 Kid was in 1995, expect Waltman wasn't just pleased to be there like Ziggler is. He's also holding the case to the European Belt level world title (which he has already held for about 30 seconds before they embarrassed him again). If he cashes it in and wins the belt, its not like its going to mean anything. He's been nothing more than Vickie's heater the last few years. She does all the talking and Ziggler takes the good hiding. They have had him losing on TV for so long and they've established him as Vickie Guerrero's sidekick for so long, he's never going to live up to what he could have been. He's a really good wrestler, who has a decent look and can actually talk. Outside a vocal minority, nobody gives a toss about him, though. There seems to always be someone they prefer to him. Whether its The Miz, Ryback, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan or whoever. Its seems like he's is consistently in the same position. Shame.

I thought of Having him try to cash in on Big Show but only when a he's weak, hurt, etc (which he kinda tried and as a heel will do) but ofcourse he doesnt cash in cause its not the right time, have Ryback vs Show at Mania and I can imagine wwe would love Show to be shell shocked (well it would probably more be a stall suplex from the corner type thing) as a 'Mania Moment', Ryback wins World title

That leaves Ziggler as the chicken shit heel trying to cash in on someone even harder to cash in on and the clock will be running out leading to next years MITB PPV which has'nt been done yet and could freshen up the case idea.

Not sure if he cashes in and wins or where he'll go from now til then but just an idea.

Ziggler is in the same position that Orton is in; he has fought everyone on or above his level too many times for there to be much new or interesting to do with him. I read somewhere that WWE were looking at an Orton/Ziggler feud in early 2013 (leading into Mania i guess), but even that does not really feel too interesting unless it is heel Orton and face Ziggler. Ziggler vs. Cena until the end of 2012 (after Survivor Series) would seem to be the current direction, but unless they let him beat Cena clean then the feud will do nothing for him.

I think a face turn would be easy enough. One good, solid in-ring segment where he breaks away from Vickie and runs her down would do it. And he hasn't wrestled all the heels a thousand times like he has the baby faces. I think a face turn is the only thing left for him after the Cena feud. As a face, he might end up in the same position he's in now, but it's worth a punt. As a heel, he's already done every match too many times for anything to mean anything even if he starts winning.

Ziggler needs to lose Vickie and a complete change in gimmick and name. Probably one of the worst names out there right now. Start again.

Nonsense. A complete reboot at this point would help nobody.

• Paid Members

They've had him hang on to the briefcase for so long now that I think the best option is a face turn and a cash-in at Wrestlemania. Have the Rumble winner go for the WWE title, and have either Rock, Cena or Lesnar involved with that somehow, to make it feel really big. A MITB cash-in with a guy who's desperate to get to the next level is the perfect support act to that. Like Pitcos said, he might just end up where he is now in the end, but at least he'll be interesting for a bit and be wrestling some new guys.

Back in the day, there'd be some big midcard match or feud that'd define a guy - Orton beating Foley, for example - but now there's no guarantee that a win will mean anything. Ziggler beat Orton a few months ago, but then Orton immediately got his win back and the whole thing meant squat. Miz beat Cena in the main event at Wrestlemania with the help of the Rock, but it doesn't mean shit now because Miz is marooned in the midcard. For all his flipping around, Ziggler hasn't had that defining moment yet and it's difficult to see when or if it'll ever come.

If anything, Ziggler should have won the title two years ago if he was going to win it at all, because, since his series with Edge in 2011, he's been stuck at the same level. He's one of those guys who'd benefit from the brand split being reintroduced - there's no space for him in the top tier when Cena, Punk, Sheamus and even Big Show, Bryan and Ryback (and Del Rio?) are above him - or even going somewhere else for a couple of years and coming back when he hasn't feuded with (and jobbed to) everyone on the roster.

Archived