What to do with Dolph Ziggler?

ShortOrderCook

Disagree with a 'total reboot' so to speak but he needs to make a couple of changes. Keep the look, keep the character, drop the Ziggler part or give him a nickname. Would also help to give him a different manager. I reckon Ric Flair would compliment his character brilliantly.

Make him the Sole Survivor at the Survivor Series would be a good start. Then break him away from Vickie and turn him face. He won't go anywhere as a heel

I think in the longer term he'll only get higher status as a heel though. He's a natural in that role as the classic jock, asshole, smug bastard. It's fair to say right now though that he'd been too jobbed out as a heel to take very seriously (the Vickie situation adds to that).

I think he could do with a 2/3 month face turn, where he loses Vickie and lulls the fans into getting behind him for being the hardest working man in wrestling who's just always had his focus wrong. Then once he's been embraced as a face you do a big "fuck you" heel turn where it turns out he's been working everyone all along (including perhaps Sheamus who's the World Champ by then) to position himself to cash in the briefcase in a very nasty, backstabbing manner on one of his new face "friends". Maybe by then Punk has lost the WWE Title to Rock and Heyman can be the man behind Dolph's plan, hedging his bets in case Punk lost and making sure he had a Champion's ear still. Heyman gets to fuck over Vickie too, by stealing her talent away.

I'd expand Eddie's idea by having Vickie cost Dolph the sole survivor status with a botched interference then Heyman trying to get in Dolph's ear by saying he's not fulfilling his potential as MITB and a former world champ with Vickie in his corner whereas Heyman has the champ in the Punk and can show him the way to Smackdown title giving Heyman both world champs.

Having Vickie aquire the Big Show would give him a logical reason to turn. Have her treating him as second fiddle/general dogs body and him teasing the face turn until he cashes in against Show at Mania.

They were setting something up with him and Jericho so they could resume that for Mania having him turn face on the night but neither of those matches would generate the interest or buzz he needs to step up a level.

Archived