WWE Main Event Discussion *spoilers*

King Pitcos

I echo the praise for the show here. You're guaranteed one decent to very good match every week, there's always a spotlight on the midcard and there's no time for filler. A little thing like pre and post match promos are such a help. Liked the Antonio C hype video package this week. Why don't they do shit like this on raw? People might start to give a shit about the guys lower down the card. Despite looking so bloody weird Antonio is fast becoming one of me faves this year. Him v Kofi was good, don't know why they had Truth pin him though, I thought the 'never been pinned by a yank' thing could have been a good gimmick.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the 'never been pinned by a yank' thing could have been a good gimmick.

I could be wrong, but I think the angle they're running is "No American can beat me for the title" as opposed to "No American can beat me ever". Otherwise he'd just be on an undefeated streak.

I just watched last week's show. It's all pretty good. The key really is it's simplicity, the superstars are given time to actually demonstrate some sense of character, both in the ring and out of it. The four man announce team at the start was pretty fucking annoying though. I liked it, in that it was Cole asking good character building questions but then he just kept doing it. The RAW Rebound package was pretty exciting too. Considering I haven't watched much WWE for the past few years, and whenever I do dabble in it I find myself bored and struggling to get through it, I might actually stick with this. Cesario looked good but I was more impressed with Kofi. I'm sure the last time I saw him he seemed completely flat and one dimensional. He can't talk admittedly, but he seemed to have some intensity and sympathy alongside his sense of fun and confidence.

• 4 weeks later...

Last Night and what some have been anticapating. SPOILERS if you havent seen it yet

from Cesaro vs Khali (big space if this just reminded you and you'd rather go watch it)

a.gif

Fantastic

Who's on the outside looking on in shock there? Is it Mae and Hornswoggle? If that's the case, that Punjabi Posse is money.

But that finisher looked fucking topper as well. Should get a Raw redo that one, a bit like when Ryback shellshock'ed Albert.

• Paid Members

First time I've clocked Main Event today. I'm amazed they've remembered the IC and US titles exist! That was the best match I've ever seen Khali in and Cesaro is just a riot. The Kofi/Wade stuff was great too.

Having not watched much WWE at all in six months, the midcard seems to be a hell of a lot stronger. I think that's partially down to the rise of guys like Cesaro and guys like The Miz taking time out from the main event (or the B+ A- type of category) and rubbing shoulders with the rising midcarders. It makes things seem much more important, especially the two belts.

Archived