Angles that would be picked to death in 2012

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
@WWEMark1997- What an idiotic decision by WWE making Taker look weak against this new guy..I bet this "Kane" character won't even last 6 months.

That was the plan. They initially only planned for Kane to be in it up until his inevitable loss to Taker at 'Mania XIV.

They hate Summerslams in New Jersey! Check out this guy on the pretty excellent Summerslam 91

No angles. No important heel wins. Nothing at the wedding. No Undertaker. No Flair. No Good!

Jack Eisen

Millburn, New Jersey

In fairness, apart from the first two pieces of nonsense, those are some fair criticisms. The wedding was shite, the main event was shite, Flair had signed but was nowhere to be seen, the Undertaker and Jake were the two most prominent heels at the time and they were conspicuous by their absence also.

I love it, it's one of my favourite shows ever, but it was a strange one in that it was all about the midcard. I can easily imagine some fans who were only really interested in the top end of the card feeling a bit disappointed in it.

I'd hope not. Surely the match quality was overlooked in favour of the fact it was making everybody gazillionaires and sending 70/80,000 people fucking loopy.

Actually, what the fuck am I saying? Of course they would have criticised it.

EDIT: And that bit above about Steamboat/Savage going on last is piss funny.

hoganvsironshiek_34746_display_image.jpg

@ROHpurewrestling93 WTF? Hogan is a shit wrestler, cant work and was terrible in Rocky. This is going to suck, WWF weill be out of business in 6 months. Why didnt they do with David Sammartino? Hes legit.

• Paid Members

Not so much "angles" as booking, but pretty sure Hulk Hogan ruined everything, ever.

wm4-results-308.jpg

"The mighty Hogan ego ensured that at the end of WrestleMania everyone was talking not about the new WWF Champion, but about him. He managed to bury DiBiase and Andre along the way. This short-sighted booking will do nothing for the WWF. The quicker they realize it's not all about Hogan, the better."

875_8f56c8128d.jpg

"Wow, at the end of the night they made sure that everyone was talking about Hogan, not the new WWF Champion. Why does no one see through this guy? He'll be the death of the WWF, just you see."

1zplcb4.jpg

"At the end of the show, nobody gave a shit about the Undertaker. Everyone was just talking about Hogan, and how Flair had screwed him out of the title. Once Hogan's got his belt back next week, that's Undertaker finished (what a waste) then all the Almighty Hulk has to do is send Flair packing back to WCW and normal service can resume. Bullshit."

hulksid.jpg

"As always, the WWF made sure at the end of 'Mania, we were all talking about Hogan, not the WWF Champion Randy Savage and the guys that are going to have to carry the company now he's retiring. They've made such great business at eight WrestleManias IN SPITE of him, not because of him. Still, onward and upward, better things lie ahead and the sky's the limit for the WWF now. Still, it would have been nice for Hogan not to overshadow the new WWF Champion for once. Still, we'll forget him soon enough."

hulkamania437.jpg

"I can't believe just how badly Hulk Hogan ruined WrestleMania IX. Just look at the tag team title match! So long to the Nasty Boys challenge which actually had history and a logical build to it. Farewell any chance of the feelgood factor of seeing the two hardworking likeable babyfaces take revenge on their manager and the champions. We need to change that plan, because here comes HULK HOGAN. Whoop-de-do! Isn't he supposed to be the Nasty Boys mate as well? What a cunt. I just don't understand why they would bring him back!

And I know what you're thinking, would he at least stay out of the way and not overshadow the WWF Champion at shows close? He's had his match already earlier on, right? Think again.....

hulkwm9.jpg

He hasn't even let the new champ leave the ring with the belt this time! What an arsehole.

The WWF is fucked. They have forgotten the W is for wrestling. This muscle-headed buffoon only appeals to kids, and wrestling is a dirty word. All the talent is being kept down. You've got Bob Backlund losing to Razor Ramon (he's on his last legs now Flair's gone), Matt Borne dressed as a clown, and now they've given up on Hitman in main events he'll be tagging with Neidhart again by summer. Enjoy the next 9 'Manias of Hogan vs the latest short term bad guy, that is if the WWF lasts that long."

Archived