Angles that would be picked to death in 2012

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

WrestleMania VII:

wrestlemania-6-randy-savage.jpg

@BobRyderOrRiot tweeted:

They've already set up Savage's comeback after he lost a retirement match, totally killing my enjoyment of the show. Fuck off.

Royal Rumble 92:

rumble92_flair_010312.jpg

620Moonbomb.net said:

Ric Flair was such an after thought. Nobody even remembered him winning the belt. It was all about Hogan and Sid. Worst Rumble since the one Duggan won.

SummerSlam 92:

SummerSlam_1992_-_Macho_Man_-_Ultimate_Warrior_02.jpg

PWTwat.org said:

So Mr. Perfect was in nobodies corner? What a misleading angle. This company is terrible. Thats me finished. ** 1/2

And so on ...

• Paid Members

I love you Dr Ian, and I want to have your babies.

tom.jpg

"I can't believe they went there and played the domestic violence card. Shame on them for exploiting a very real issue faced by millions of women. Wrestling really is in the toilet."

• Paid Members

Survivor Series 1992:

bossman_USE.jpg

@ShartShooter tweeted:

Ex-con publicly threatens revenge on prison guard, remains free, gets revenge, still remains free. #ThisIsStupid

@DaveBatistaFashionista tweeted:

Silly WWE. Prisons don't let ex-convicts keep their jumpsuits.

Mankind.jpg

@PWTorch - Putting a well-known star like Foley under a mask is madness! Typical WWF, blowing the chance for a good debut with a rubbish new gimmick.

• Paid Members
@PWTorch - Putting a well-known star like Foley under a mask is madness! Typical WWF, blowing the chance for a good debut with a rubbish new gimmick.

Pretty sure that actually was the reaction in certain circles, wasn't it? Either WOW, PWI, the Observer or some other rag had a hearty dose of PMT about "WWF signs Cactus Jack : debuts as not Cactus Jack."

If you look at old observers, loads of great PPVs from the early 90s got lukewarm reviews from the readers. I think someone called SummerSlam '92 the worst PPV ever.

Here you go, from the Sept 28th 1992 WON:

Major thumbs down. Even a match as good as Smith vs. Hart couldn't save this show. This card was the biggest disaster in the history of pro wrestling. At least I expected the 1991 Bash to stink going in. After this dud, it'll be a cold day in hell before I watch another WWF PPV show.

Rick Silver

New Brunswick, New Jersey

If you look at old observers, loads of great PPVs from the early 90s got lukewarm reviews from the readers. I think someone called SummerSlam '92 the worst PPV ever.

Major thumbs down. Even a match as good as Smith vs. Hart couldn't save this show. This card was the biggest disaster in the history of pro wrestling. At least I expected the 1991 Bash to stink going in. After this dud, it'll be a cold day in hell before I watch another WWF PPV show.

Rick Silver

Haha, that's absolutely mental. Even from a pure 'workrate' point of view, they'd have struggled to put on a better show than they did.

Considering how limited and unbalanced the roster was at that moment in time, that show was a minor miracle. 'Would be interesting to hear what that fellow would've done different. Adding Flair v Piper would probably have been about all that could've been done. Any other significant changes would have deprived us of the two great matches the show did provide.

• Paid Members

Rick Silver

They hate Summerslams in New Jersey! Check out this guy on the pretty excellent Summerslam 91

No angles. No important heel wins. Nothing at the wedding. No Undertaker. No Flair. No Good!

Jack Eisen

Millburn, New Jersey

Archived