Rhyno return?

DrNo

• Paid Members

No. The only time he was interesting in WWE was as a run-in buddy for E&C, and in the hardcore division, which WWE don't bother with any more. Even when shitty indies bring Rhino in these days, it's to shift five or six extra tickets but ultimately just make Homicide the local guy look good. The idea of him back on telly is ludicrous, unless he turns out to be an Ace or an Eight.

I'm surprised Rhyno is still only 36, seems like he's been around forever.

I kind of feel sorry for him. The guy is a decent hand, has a decent gimmick, got handed one of the best accolades at the time (ended ECW as the World & Television Champion), went on to have a half decent WWE run and now....

... meh.

It would be a massive uphill climb for him to get back involved in WWE or TNA. Maybe the guys could somehow try and reinvent himself, as the Rhyno thing has ran it's course.

Rhyno's a funny one. He's always been a favourite of mine but I think that's personal preferences above anything because nothing about him is really that great. I enjoyed him in the hardcore division in the early 00's and in TNA around 2005/06 but I don't know how far he could go if they brought him back now. TNA already have enough ex-WWE main eventers and he doesn't really fit in with WWE's style these days.

He's good on the mic, has a distinguishable gimmick and has plenty of experience in the ring. I suppose he could be utilised on Smackdown in a veteran mid-card/jobber role a la Matt Hardy.

• Paid Members
Depends how long Vince holds a grudge for. This is the same Rhyno that publicly berated WWE and it's resurrection of ECW by binning a replica ECW championship belt on TNA in 2006.

Was that not the actual ECW championship? I assume he'd have had it, seeing as he was the last champion.

Anyway, the answer's no. I can't remember the last time I found him interesting. For mid-card hard nuts, WWE and TNA should be looking forwards, not backwards. Rhyno's got not more to offer than a younger guy who could go on to be something bigger.

I dunno, he's a solid hand. He's never going to set the world alight, but could be useful as a veteran to build up younger guys, either in WWE or TNA. In TNA he could float in that upper-midcard pool with, well, everyone else, and in WWE he could be a JTTS.

• Paid Members
Was that not the actual ECW championship? I assume he'd have had it, seeing as he was the last champion.

I'm fairly certain he does have it and didn't burn it.

Yeah. It was filmed it as though Rhyno was binning the ECW belt out of disgust, but it was later revealed it was just a replica.

Archived