Meeting WWE Superstars at a Hotel

JMarshFan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I know alot of people are saying Cena, Punk etc might not want to take pics, but to be honest they are not the ones im bothered about! Yes, a photo with them would be great, but i'd rather get pics with guys like Reks and Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater.

Yeah fuck those other guys, only the cool kids get Tyler Rek's and Tyson Kidd's autographs!

For the record, if you are over the age of 18 and you hang out in public places trying to get someones autograph you should probably find something else to do.

• Paid Members

Personally I would just leave them well alone. If you catch their eye, nod and smile that's more than enough for me. Its rare that your photo will come out with the wrestler looking like he's really pleased to have met you.

• Paid Members

That's what always gets me, you see a photo of some early 20's aged wrestling fan pulling a pose or face, while the wrestler just stares blankly at the camera. Why would anyone want that? At least at a proper signing they might put in a bit of effort.

I remember hearing CM Punk in an AOW podcast that if someone asks him to take a photo with their little kid holding the belt or something he's more than happy and loves to do it but if you have some guy hanging around at an airport or hotel waiting around and hassling he's just going to ignore you.

To OP

Picture this, you wake up for work, you have had only a few hours sleep, you are tired, you wanted to stay in bed rather than goto work today.

Despite working without a day off for 21 days, your boss wants you to be in a different city everyday, and on occasion a different country. You leave for work, that couple of hours of travel, you're tired, cranky, miss you partner, maybe your kids.

You work hard at your job, but you just want a day off, a break.

It's hard to find time for food, gym, social, you are with your same collegues every day, they get on your nerves, You have a hard day, you want to go home, but you are far away, so it's a hotel, you just want to get some rest and recover for another hard day tomorrow, work is done for the day

But your boss comes and asks you to sign this, talk about this, do this, pose for this and all you want is just to relax, you feel horrid and just want to me alone, some time to yourself.

Now picture there are 10 bosses, 100 bosses, 1000 boses all only wanting "just this, just that" "it'll only take a minute" how long would it take before you get annoyed, fed up, disinterested?

The fans do pay the wages, but only when the wrestlers are at work. There work is to entertain you in the arena, on TV, and while you might choose to be a fan outside of that, they may not choose to work outside of that.

I know it doesn't seem much just wanting a photo or an autograph, and one isn't, it's when many people want it, then it means they have no time to themselves and when they finally have enough, they are the bad guy.

Remember they don't owe anybody anything especially in their free time, there is a personal price to pay for being a celebrity, but it can be over bearing, hence why many many have escapes (we all know these demons) and remember away from the arena they are just regular people who want to get on with there life.

Anything they give to you, is an absolute bonus, but it should be respected that they shouldn't have to give anything, and as many pointed out above, if you bother them when they are in anyway busy, in my opinion you deserve nothing, let them get on with their lives, if they aren't busy then be as polite as you would do to any stranger in the street. You don't know them, you know a fictional character they play on TV.

• Paid Members

Konnan discussed this on his podcast yesterday with former WWE writer Court Bauer. They basically said, wrestlers these days are either so into the idea of being a wrestler they enjoy signing autographs and talking to fans because it makes them feel more special than they actually are or that they've been burnt as fans by the likes of the Ultimate Warrior as a kid and dont want to do the same thing.

Either way, for me its their job to act like a star and have fans go "Wow, I wish I wasn't obese and instead had a Scott Hall beard and leather jacket". Hulk Hogan never turns down an autograph, Steve Austin doesn't, John Cena doesn't, Goldberg doesn't, The Rock doesn't. So neither should anyone else. There's a pattern. There are no bigger marks than the ones who stalk wrestlers. They should eat shit and like it. The WWE wrestlers haven't had it so easy than they have it these days. Its all fake anyway. Just pretend you like these fat smelly bastards who hang onto them at every airport. If you upset the 30 stone bloke with a neck beard who happens to be wearing merchandise covering every stitch of his gigantic outfit, you just lost a mug with deep pockets. Thats what they did back in the day. Wrestling is a con.

Actually forget this whole thread and look at this picture.

3HJAS.jpg

The handsome one in the middle is a multimillionaire. I can't imagine for a second he enjoys anything about this picture except the payday.

To OP

Picture this, you wake up for work, you have had only a few hours sleep, you are tired, you wanted to stay in bed rather than goto work today.

Despite working without a day off for 21 days, your boss wants you to be in a different city everyday, and on occasion a different country. You leave for work, that couple of hours of travel, you're tired, cranky, miss you partner, maybe your kids.

You work hard at your job, but you just want a day off, a break.

It's hard to find time for food, gym, social, you are with your same collegues every day, they get on your nerves, You have a hard day, you want to go home, but you are far away, so it's a hotel, you just want to get some rest and recover for another hard day tomorrow, work is done for the day

But your boss comes and asks you to sign this, talk about this, do this, pose for this and all you want is just to relax, you feel horrid and just want to me alone, some time to yourself.

Now picture there are 10 bosses, 100 bosses, 1000 boses all only wanting "just this, just that" "it'll only take a minute" how long would it take before you get annoyed, fed up, disinterested?

The fans do pay the wages, but only when the wrestlers are at work. There work is to entertain you in the arena, on TV, and while you might choose to be a fan outside of that, they may not choose to work outside of that.

I know it doesn't seem much just wanting a photo or an autograph, and one isn't, it's when many people want it, then it means they have no time to themselves and when they finally have enough, they are the bad guy.

Remember they don't owe anybody anything especially in their free time, there is a personal price to pay for being a celebrity, but it can be over bearing, hence why many many have escapes (we all know these demons) and remember away from the arena they are just regular people who want to get on with there life.

Anything they give to you, is an absolute bonus, but it should be respected that they shouldn't have to give anything, and as many pointed out above, if you bother them when they are in anyway busy, in my opinion you deserve nothing, let them get on with their lives, if they aren't busy then be as polite as you would do to any stranger in the street. You don't know them, you know a fictional character they play on TV.

Good post Mark. Now i know why ive never had a photo taken with you ! ;)

Why the fuck would you want an autograph of anyone? When I saw Gary Teale in Tesco I didn't ask for one. I just followed him about Tesco, peering over at him when he was deciding which flavour of Pringles to purchase. Sour Creme and Onion obviously. In all seriousness though, I don't understand why a grown man would want a scribble on a bit of paper, what are you going to do with it? Stick it in your fucking scrapbook, beside your up-skirt shots of Pixie Lott? Tragic.

Good post Mark. Now i know why ive never had a photo taken with you ! ;)

You've probably never had a photo with me because you are too smart. Why anybody would want that I am not sure!

:thumbsup:

Also as a side note, aside from a couple of times I have never really been bothered outside of the event/arena by fans, so I wouldn't have any real reason not to.

To me, It was always a very humbling experience, for somebody wanting to chat, take a photo or sign something, I couldn't have been happier to, it comes with the territory of most performers during the time you are that performer.

Of course you always get the odd situation when you are out, being approached in my hometown is to be expected, to somebody come to my house isn't! That was very random, he wanted to lend me some wrestling dvds apparently!

However my favourite story would be hanging out backstage at TNA a couple of years ago, and one lady who won the backstage pass decided to come out of that waiting line to come all the way over to me, and infront of a few friends, she just wanted tell me what a great wrestler I was. She may have been the hottest woman i've met at a wrestling show! Why I didn't ask her name? :( probably as I was as surprised as anybody else that she took the time to come over and speak to me! :thumbsup:

Why the fuck would you want an autograph of anyone?

I got Bruce Grobelar

• Paid Members
Why the fuck would you want an autograph of anyone?

Agreed. Instead of an awkward moment with a particular celebrity where they could've been rude I have a better one where they flashed me a big grin because I left him alone. Who knows why, I'm not even hot.

Archived