Meeting WWE Superstars at a Hotel

JMarshFan

• Paid Members
southside crew should be able to assist with this I think.

I witnessed him asking Gail Kim if she wanted him to take her shopping. She declined, but he was given 2 Smackdown tickets from an impressed Josh Matthews.

Southside crew as in the southside promoter?

Yeah, it was him (I think. He's also tattooed_gooner, right?)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find the best way to get an autograph from wrestlers is too follow them round the gym, and when they use some tissue paper to wipe down the equipment, grab it and sniff deeply whilst staring manically at them. Then they know you're a REAL fan.

Will you be doing this when Britani Knight comes over for her first tour?

In the case of the diva's it's when you follow them into the ladies and then fish their tampons out of the sanitary bins to give them a seductive suck while winking at them.

Or so I've heard.

• Paid Members
I asked Tyler Reks if he would stop for me when they are here in november and he said "Sure will, i got ya bro!"

He was probably just happy someone knew him.

He probably was, they should ALL be happy they have fans, because when they leave wwe people probably wont care about them! I've met lots of celebs at their hotels asnd they have ALL been incredibly nice, but with wrestlers you never know, most of them seem like arse holes, so that's why i was asking!

Sorry but that's a bit jaded. I'm sure they are happy they have fans - that pay for tickets and t-shirts and such. You pay your money, they perform on events. That's what they owe you. Chasing them to their hotel is invading their personal time, most of which is spent trying to rest or getting to the next town. I don't understand mentality like yours. It's no different to standing outside someone's home waiting for them to come outside so you can hassle them for a photo.

Celebrities probably are nice outside hotels - but they probably get to spend most of their time in places the general public can't get that close to them. Wrestlers spend most of their time away from home in hotels, airports and restaurants. They can't get away from fans. Assume that this happens in every single town they go through and consider things from their side. Especially if these fans are "won't care about them when they leave".

• Paid Members

You want to know who is really personable? This man:

algswy.jpg

If you see him, call him either Phil or Phillip (he also answers to Philly Willy). As has already been mentioned, if he's wearing earphones, pull them out. He may appear dismayed at this, but only because he thinks they've fallen out. Upon realising someone's pulled them out to talk to him, he'll secretly be grateful. If he's wearing earphones but your hands are full, don't be worried about him not hearing you, just start talking anyway. He can read lips but he is also near-sighted, so get as close to his face as possible. If you catch him while he appears to be asleep, wake him up! The bags under his eyes are a clear giveaway that he hates sleeping. He'll thank you for it. There's a knack to waking him, though: you have to prod him with a pen, and take the lid off. It doesn't matter which colour, he'll just be pleased that he has more ink on him. Also, you will notice that he has "DRUG FREE" tattooed across his fingers. As any true fan knows, he got this done because it guarantees him a pass on airport searches. But by no means is he anti-drugs, he's just very ticklish as far as searches are concerned. With that in mind, it would be a kind gesture on your behalf (a "Thank you", if you will) to put a "baggie" into his hood. Don't tell him, though, he loves surprises.

To be fair though the one thing is i think this chap means more hassling them the morning of the shows rather than the night when they are coming back. But it's still more the same, some will probably tell you to fuck off or just not answer you and walk straight through you (i've heard Cena does this when going to the gyms) others will be obliged that there are people wanting photos with them, but just bare in mind its not only going to be you there in the morning there will be loads of other people harassing them

Back when I worked with the public, I'd have phoned the police if they waited outside my house for me. Dunno why people think that hassling folk outside of their work or agreed appearances is normal behaviour just because they appear on tv.

I used to wait at hotels as a marky teenager in the early 90s and then I've also inadvertently found myself staying in the same hotel as WWE wrestlers on a couple of occasions since then.

Just be polite and respectful, say excuse me, please, thank you, sorry to disturb you etc. If someone says no, don't argue with them. Catching people in the morning is probably better than the night before when they're knackered and just want to sleep or play those video games (because obviously none of them party any more ;))

If you're in the same bar as them, make eye contact but don't interrupt conversations. It'll be fairly obvious if they're happy to talk to you or not, because they'll either ignore you or smile or hold your glance for a moment (God, this now sounds like a dating show).

Some will be cool, some will be twats. Law of averages, I'm afraid.

Hi everyone, i was wondering if you could help me out a bit, i'm thinking about trying to meet the wwe superstars outside of their hotel the next time they come over in november. It seems easy for US fans as i always see pics from hotels, but i haven't really heard anything about UK fans meeting them at hotels, so does anyone on here have any experiences (good or bad) of this, or any pics from meeting them at a uk hotel that they want to share? It just seems when wwe come over here security is ALOT stricter, so was wanting to know if its even worth trying to meet them!

Hoep you all can help.

I met them once years ago, but I was actually staying at the same hotel, so I met them at the bar after the show where they were more relaxed. Once they get changed, make their phonecalls and have a beer or two they're usually pretty willing to sign stuff and pose for photos.

My advice would be, don't give them shit when they first arrive carrying all their luggage, or when they're leaving in the morning after around two hours sleep and a long journey ahead of them.

EDIT: Also, don't believe the nonsense about Punk being unapproachable. It's quite simple, if you approach him with respect and not when he's busy he'll more than likely be happy to pose for a photo or sign an autograph (he was happy enough when I met him, and chatted away about music and tattoos for a bit). The difference between him and someone like Cena is that Cena will grit his teeth and put up with the ignorant pricks whilst Punk tells them to fuck off.

southside crew should be able to assist with this I think.

I witnessed him asking Gail Kim if she wanted him to take her shopping. She declined, but he was given 2 Smackdown tickets from an impressed Josh Matthews.

Southside crew as in the southside promoter?

Yeah, it was him (I think. He's also tattooed_gooner, right?)

I've heard a lot of stories about Ben Auld and his autograph/picture retrieving schemes.

The best one I've heard is when Val Kabious had a try out with the WWE.

Val Kabious had a try out with the WWE when Raw when eminating from Liverpool. Val doesn't drive and was going to get a train down to Liverpool and stay in a hotel. Ben heard about Val's try out and offered Val a place to crash at his instead of Val having to get a hotel as Ben was going to the show anyway. This was a cheaper option for Val as he would only have to catch a train down to Ben's and not have to pay for a hotel so Val accepted.

Ben offered Val the couch for the night, however, Val was rudely interrupted in his sleep. Val woke up to find Ben gathering a black bin bag full of WWE merchandise. The bin bag contained figures, magazines and several other sorts of WWE memorabilia. Val asked Ben what he was doing and Ben replied that he was collecting stuff that he wanted to get the WWE wrestlers to sign.

In the morning, Val and Ben made their way to Liverpool, with the bin bag in the boot. They arrived at a hotel where the wrestlers were staying and Ben made his way to the lobby with the bin bag. Val at this time realised that this looks extremely unprofessional and told Ben that he can't be seen with him and caught a taxi to the venue. Ben stayed in the lobby and tried to get pictures and signatures of the wrestlers.

I know Ben. He is a lovely guy and is trying really hard with his company. I do get the feeling though that he is only promoting so he can look cool infront of his son. It's a shame that UK wrestling companies are in the hands of marks like Ben and Fludder.

Archived