Meeting WWE Superstars at a Hotel

JMarshFan

Val is the same guy who has WWE merchandise all over his bedroom and cuts youtube promo's for promotions showing off this fact right?

I know Ben. He is a lovely guy and is trying really hard with his company. I do get the feeling though that he is only promoting so he can look cool infront of his son. It's a shame that UK wrestling companies are in the hands of marks like Ben and Fludder.

But in regards to this - Why is it a shame? Fludder's PCW just sold 500 tickets advance to completely sell out next Fridays show. When was the last time a UK company sold a show out before the day, and especially to a number like that?

Ben's SWE runs shows in Cambridge, Huntingdon and Nottingham and is expanding into Stevenage.

Both promotions in their own ways are picking up great reputations and seen as both weren't fans that long ago and were exposed to the seedier aspect of BritWres due in large part to 1PW and the WreslteConConventions, professionally each company has so far for the most part successfully managed to avoid the pitfalls that plague the use of advertising big name imports and have delivered and not intentionally let any paying customers down.

Say what you want about each man personally, but who would you want running UK wrestling companies? Danny Rodd? Steven Gauntley? Peter Staniforth? Dan White?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Also, don't believe the nonsense about Punk being unapproachable. It's quite simple, if you approach him with respect and not when he's busy he'll more than likely be happy to pose for a photo or sign an autograph (he was happy enough when I met him, and chatted away about music and tattoos for a bit). The difference between him and someone like Cena is that Cena will grit his teeth and put up with the ignorant pricks whilst Punk tells them to fuck off.

I actually agree with Punk's attitude towards fans, and from the sounds of his interviews he's firm but fair, it's actually more of a pisstake of the fans he's dealt with as opposed to CM Punk himself.

Val is the same guy who has WWE merchandise all over his bedroom and cuts youtube promo's for promotions showing off this fact right?

I know Ben. He is a lovely guy and is trying really hard with his company. I do get the feeling though that he is only promoting so he can look cool infront of his son. It's a shame that UK wrestling companies are in the hands of marks like Ben and Fludder.

But in regards to this - Why is it a shame? Fludder's PCW just sold 500 tickets advance to completely sell out next Fridays show. When was the last time a UK company sold a show out before the day, and especially to a number like that?

Ben's SWE runs shows in Cambridge, Huntingdon and Nottingham and is expanding into Stevenage.

Both promotions in their own ways are picking up great reputations and seen as both weren't fans that long ago and were exposed to the seedier aspect of BritWres due in large part to 1PW and the WreslteConConventions, professionally each company has so far for the most part successfully managed to avoid the pitfalls that plague the use of advertising big name imports and have delivered and not intentionally let any paying customers down.

Say what you want about each man personally, but who would you want running UK wrestling companies? Danny Rodd? Steven Gauntley? Peter Staniforth? Dan White?

To add on to this.

PCW seems to be doing super well. I can't remember the last time a company pretty much sells out all their shows with 500 paying punters (minus All-Star). Everybody has to be a mark to get into this business, they don't do it for the money do they? Look at the bright side, great crowds equals good wages for the performers.

PCW seems to be doing super well. I can't remember the last time a company pretty much sells out all their shows with 500 paying punters (minus All-Star). Everybody has to be a mark to get into this business, they don't do it for the money do they? Look at the bright side, great crowds equals good wages for the performers.

Exactly. He

Also, don't believe the nonsense about Punk being unapproachable. It's quite simple, if you approach him with respect and not when he's busy he'll more than likely be happy to pose for a photo or sign an autograph (he was happy enough when I met him, and chatted away about music and tattoos for a bit). The difference between him and someone like Cena is that Cena will grit his teeth and put up with the ignorant pricks whilst Punk tells them to fuck off.

I actually agree with Punk's attitude towards fans, and from the sounds of his interviews he's firm but fair, it's actually more of a pisstake of the fans he's dealt with as opposed to CM Punk himself.

Yeah, I do as well. I can only imagine that he (and other wrestlers) must have to deal with some impolite people on their travels. How they do that with the amount of jetlag they must experience on a regular basis is beyond me personally.

I know I couldn't.

The bar at the hotel is a great place to meet them, although you usually have to be staying there to get in after the show. Most people were happy to have pictures, especially Dolph, Vickie, Layla, Del Rio, Big Show and Finley.

Josh Matthews however was being a dick about it though, which was met with derision from the others at his table.

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/07/tommy-lee-asked...-his-moms-ashes

I think that sums it up pretty fairly. Infact the first reply on the topic did too; common sense approach. Put yourself in their shoes. If you were eating, on the phone or otherwise engaged with someone else be it chatting or whatever would you like it? Probably not.

I was fortunate enough to meet a lot of the wrestlers when i was a bit younger and if you are polite enough and time it properly you'll find they are just as nice in return.

As I understand it, wrestlers are naturally and innately attracted to the smell of piss. So just make sure you stink of piss (fresh piss, that is) and they will be happy to chat away with you for hours. Substitute piss for shit if it's Handsome Jimmy Valiant you plan on meeting.

Thanks for all the replies, So i sent tyler reks a message and he said that he would be happy to stop for a pic, i also asked him when would be best and he told me when they are leaving the hotel to go to the arena cause when they are arriving at the hotel they are pretty tired!

I know alot of people are saying Cena, Punk etc might not want to take pics, but to be honest they are not the ones im bothered about! Yes, a photo with them would be great, but i'd rather get pics with guys like Reks and Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater.

Thanks for all the replies, So i sent tyler reks a message and he said that he would be happy to stop for a pic, i also asked him when would be best and he told me when they are leaving the hotel to go to the arena cause when they are arriving at the hotel they are pretty tired!

I know alot of people are saying Cena, Punk etc might not want to take pics, but to be honest they are not the ones im bothered about! Yes, a photo with them would be great, but i'd rather get pics with guys like Reks and Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater.

....really? You should just try the signings they arrange then because those are the sort of crew they send.

Philly Willy is the new Bubba Poon.

I was made up when the legendary Bubba Poon was mentioned in another thread recently, although there was no reference to the greatness.

Philly Willy. Could be a grower.

Archived