UFC 150: 'Henderson vs Edgar 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Easy to forget about this with the FOX show coming this weekend, but this is less than two weeks away now.

poster_ufc150.jpg

MAIN CARD (ESPN - 3am)

Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar - UFC Lightweight Title

Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard

Jake Shields vs Ed Herman

Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts

Justin Lawrence vs Max Holloway

FX PRELIMS (ufc.tv - 1am)

Dennis Bermudez vs Tom Hayden

Jared Hamman vs Michael Kuiper

Ken Stone vs Erik Perez

Nik Lentz vs Eiji Mitsuoka

FACEBOOK PRELIM (12.30am)

Dustin Pague vs Chico Camus

Compared to some of the recent cards, this doesn't look all that stacked aside from the main and co-main events. But it looks like a good night of fights on paper. Whatever on paper means. Lombard vs Boetsch looked like fireworks 'on paper'. But you get what I mean. There's no reason why some of these fights shouldn't deliver. 149 was a blip.

Bendo/Edgar 2 could be a classic. The first one was a great fight. I didn't think it was close enough to warrant an immediate rematch to be honest but I'm no less excited about the rematch. I'd think Bendo will win again, he just seems to have Frankie beat for me. But who really knows? Frankie improves in rematches. Compare how he looked vs BJ Penn the first time and then how amazing he looked in the rematch. Or how he looked vs Maynard the first time and then how he upped his game for the second and third meetings. Frankie's a smart guy, he won't just stick with what didn't work last time.

Oh and for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, the first Edgar/Bendo fight is up on UFC's site for free

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-144-henderson-edgar

ufc144_12_edgar_vs_henderson_002_large_large.jpg

139932503_10_17klsf3-17klshj.jpg

frankie-edgar-vs-ben-henderson.gif

tumblr_m02vd3wkhd1qbff4to1_500.jpeg

191177.jpg

edgar_henderson_ufc_144-610x406_large.jpg

Frankie-Edgar-Ben-Henderson_large.jpg

022612henderson4_large.jpg

Give it a watch.

Elsewhere on the card, I can't wait for Cerrone/Melvin. Potential for an incredible fight there. Shields/Herman could be good as well, both really good grapplers. And Lawrence vs Holloway should be a fun battle of strikers. Both have a flashy style of stand up so that could be a great match up.

Looks good. Prelims could be decent, Hamman/Kuiper stands out to me. Interested to see Bermudez again as well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My thoughts on this are the same as the first time around, i think Benson will take a decision, possibly a late finish. History shows that Frankie Edgar is the master of the rematch, and he'll adjust to find a way to win but i think Henderson has too much for him, i think the only place Edgar has an advantage over Benson is in pure boxing but i think Henderson slightly unorthodox apporach to striking will counter that. Henderson all day.

For the record, i also don't think this fight should be happening. I'm pretty sure i had Henderson winning 4 rounds to 1 in the first fight but i need to rewatch it, and i will before the fight happens. It feels like the UFC are doing Frankie a favour after he had to rematch two guys straight.

Pumped for Holloway/Lawrence! i can't imagine that getting much love going in, but that's gonna be a wild fight.

I've not watched it since it happened but I had Edgar slightly winning that fight, Benson obviously caused the most damage but I felt Edgar was the busier fighter and he got a few take downs that I had stealing very close rounds. The blow that caused the most damage was an up kick and I don't really put much into that since it came directly from Edgar taking him down. I also remember Frankie catching loads of Bendo's kicks but doing nothing with that because of his crazy balance, I would guess they both would be working on that with Edgar looking to inflict damage and Henderson snapping his leg back much faster.

• Paid Members

Reminder, the new season of the predictions league on MMAPlayground starts with this event if anyone's still interested in reviving that. I'm gonna try to keep on top of my picks this time.

I go on holiday the night of this card. Devastated I'm gonna miss it.

Looks a decent card too. I love Cerrone fights, and you know that fight is gonna be good with Melvin. Diego Sanchez tweeted Cerrone last week saying something along the lines of "Can't believe Melvin took this fight after all the beatings you gave him at Jackson's" so that's interesting with them being former teammates

• Paid Members

Yeah I think there's truth to that as well. Usually when stuff like that gets said the other guy denies it but Melvin even said himself the other day, something like 'we trained together and he had some good days and I had some bad days, a lot of bad days'.

Melvin said he's improved his striking since he left Jackson's though and gone with more of a Dutch kickboxing style of training which he thinks will help him. I actually favour Melvin in the striking. I think he's quicker, defo more powerful. But Cerrone uses his reach pretty well with kicks and stuff.

I think Melvin will start to get the better of the stand up but Cerrone will catch him in a submission in the 2nd or 3rd round. Should be a great fight.

Eh? One person has picked Melvin by submission in the poll. What next? Dan Hardy by gogoplata? Pat Barry by twister? Heh.

• Paid Members
and gone with more of a Dutch kickboxing style of training

OT! My girlfriend just won 2 tickets to a kickboxing class with Sem Schilt. That will be all kinds of fun.

Push kick of death.

Reminder, the new season of the predictions league on MMAPlayground starts with this event if anyone's still interested in reviving that. I'm gonna try to keep on top of my picks this time.

Will you tell us more about this please? I thought there was an MMA prediction thread here? I'll probably take part.

All about Henderson/Edgar II for me. Had trouble picking a winner the first time around and I probably will again. The first fight is in second place for my Fight of the Year behind Sung Jung and Poirier at UFC on Fuel 3. I really like Henderson and Edgar, Henderson's submission defense is something. When Cerrone/Guillard was announced, I thought straight away that Cerrone would win and that hasn't changed.

• Paid Members

There is a prediction thread somewhere on here yeah.

Are you already in the UKFF fight camp on MMAPlayground Natural? If not you'll need to join. Go on MMAPlayground, go on the fight camp bit and you can request an invitation to the UKFF camp from there I think.

There is a prediction thread somewhere on here yeah.

Are you already in the UKFF fight camp on MMAPlayground Natural? If not you'll need to join. Go on MMAPlayground, go on the fight camp bit and you can request an invitation to the UKFF camp from there I think.

Nope. I'll do that now.

EDIT: I've registered.

I've went for Edgar via decision, as I feel that without the kick that busted Edgar's face open it wouldn't have seemed like he was getting beat all that much. I'm looking for a virtual repeat of the last fight, except Edgar being a bit more careful as far as upkicks go! Of course, it could just as easily finish in the 1st round with either guy getting a KO :laugh:

The Cerrone/Guilard fight seems to be more clear-cut as far as I'm concerned. I'm going with Cerrone via submission within a few frames.

• Paid Members
The Cerrone/Guilard fight seems to be more clear-cut as far as I'm concerned. I'm going with Cerrone via submission within a few frames.

Yeah same here. I've always really liked Melvin but he's always had trouble with submissions, even in fights he's been winning. He's like the striker's equivalent of Chael Sonnen. On the feet I think he has Cerrone beat in power and speed but I see Cerrone using his reach and movement like he did vs Jeremy Stephens, and catching Melvin in a rear naked choke in the 2nd. How's that for specific?

I'm not gonna get to see this until early next week. It's my girlfriend's birthday on Sunday so I'm taking her away for the weekend. Yeah, I'm a romantic bastard.

I'm not gonna get to see this until early next week. It's my girlfriend's birthday on Sunday so I'm taking her away for the weekend. Yeah, I'm a romantic bastard.

I would suggest you do this

Seriously have a nice time.

As for the event, I am looking forward to Hollaway vs Lawrence. I think Herman with his power in his hands could upset Shields.

The Main Event I agree with David, I am going for Edgar.

Archived