Impact Wrestling July 26 discussion, spoilers, etc.

pgi86

I figured I'd start the topic a bit earlier than usual and we get some discussion going. This is scheduled for tonight's show:

= With Hulk Hogan in the hospital, Dixie Carter has asked someone else to step in and run the show in Hogan's absense. That person gets revealed tonight.

= BFG Series matches: Angle vs. Bully and Styles vs. Storm.

= Chavo Guerrero debuts.

= Mickie & Tara vs. Gail & Madison.

= Zema Ion defends the X Division Title.

= Gut Check with Sam Shaw.

So, who do you reckon the new GM would end up being? Will the Aces & Eights guys show up tonight and if so who will they attack this time? How will Chavito's debut go? Etc.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Sam Shaw gets interrupted by Joey Ryan!

Maybe tone down Aces and Eights stuff, limit the beat downs but have a reveal of one of them by having him demask and cut a promo!

Chavo might be cool too, maybe he'll side with A+8s?

AND Storm vs Styles sound like a corker! Bully Ray vs Angle could be great fun too! Cant wait.

Hoping Sam Shaw gets interrupted by Joey Ryan!

Maybe tone down Aces and Eights stuff, limit the beat downs but have a reveal of one of them by having him demask and cut a promo!

Chavo might be cool too, maybe he'll side with A+8s?

AND Storm vs Styles sound like a corker! Bully Ray vs Angle could be great fun too! Cant wait.

The A&E stuff will be toned down eventually after they have built them up. Its still early days so they are trying to kick them off as a dangerous group. Plus any show that has Open Fight Night running with the BFG series is always rammed so they only had time to do the little mini segments like last week. Hopefully this week we see one longer more memorable beat down.

I'm hoping Chavo just slots quietly into the X-division to help lead the green guys to good matches. I don't really have any interest in seeing him featured in prominent roles. But as a veteran to help guide the young guys I think he would be great.

• Paid Members

Why would Sting be the GM again? He was the GM at the start of the year and got rid of the title because it was getting in the way of personal business. It would make no sense for him to be the General Manager again, after he's just taken two kickings in a row off a group of militant thugs. And the last time we saw Sting, he had his fists taped and was walking around with a baseball bat ready to take peoples heads off, so his mentality isn't a corporate one at the minute. I mean, it might be him. And I'm sure they could easily explain it, but logic says he's planning on handing out his own brand of justice when he returns.

Saying that I can't see who else it could be. Maybe someone like Joseph Park or something. For what its worth, Eric Bischoff tweeted this in response to Dixie's tweet "It’s about to get real interesting!" So it might be someone out of the box. Hopefully Jason Hervey from the Wonder Years.

One thing I've been wondering is will Angle even be 100% tonight, storyline-wise? After all, he was attacked last week. I'm thinking this is how Bully picks up the 7 points tonight.

As for the GM thing, I'm with Ian. Sting wouldn't make much sense for the reasons Ian mentioned. The thing is, however, I don't see anyone else on the roster who would make sense. Bischoff and Jarrett are qualified for the position, kayfabe-speaking, but last we saw them they were part of the group feuding with Dixie over control of the company so Dixie giving the reins to one of them wouldn't make much sense either, unless they come up with some clever explanation for it, I guess. Joseph Park would be fun but again how do you explain that one? After all he's just some lawyer, who may or may not be crazy, and has no knowledge of wrestling let alone knowledge of how to run a wrestling show. Why put a guy like that in charge? Another option that crossed my mind, and this is a bit of a wild one, what about Kevin Nash? He's went on record before that he would gladly return to TNA if they need him, hasn't done anything with WWE lately, Bischoff retweeted him the other day, etc. I'm not saying it's him or anything but in theory he's a possibility, I think.

Via Dixie:

Wrestlers vying for an X-Division title shot tonight: Dakota Darsow, Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt & Rashad Cameron. Who do you want to see face Zema?

Ugh. Darsow... Glad to see Lars and Flip are not in the running.

My moneys on Bischoff with a round about explanation(the only man qualified for such a position of responsibilty etc.) where he can unveil who's calling the shots for the aces and eights from the positon of GM not this week but in time. And be in a position to give them a place on the roster.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan is in the Aces and Eights then. He's on his youtube channel talking about the "calm before the Storm" and "a Storms coming" and The Aces twitter has "CHAOS! ANARCHY! THE STORM IS COMING!" as their latest tweet. I imagine James Storm is getting a kicking tonight. Ryan might be revealed as the first man in it tonight then.

Archived