Impact Wrestling July 26 discussion, spoilers, etc.

pgi86

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Chrismasters310:

"Make sure u check out @IMPACTWRESTLING tonight!"

I so fucking hope Masters is signed. I wouldn't even have him in this group to be honest. He's a far better babyface.

Didn't he wrestle a dark match a few weeks ago?

Via Dixie:

Wrestlers vying for an X-Division title shot tonight: Dakota Darsow, Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt & Rashad Cameron. Who do you want to see face Zema?

Ugh. Darsow... Glad to see Lars and Flip are not in the running.

I echo this ugh.

though Darsow did impress against Zema Ion last time he was on Impact and I suppose this is them trying to rebuild the X-Division and all that so fair enough. Maybe Chavo will come out after the X-Division Title Match or something.

• Paid Members

Can't be arsed to review the full thing, so I'll say a few things. The first hour wasn't very good, but AJ vs Storm was great. The constant Barry Darsow references to Smash Jr were great, Xima Ion vs Kenny King was entertaining and the main event was PPV quality. The show long storyline making out like James Storm was in with the Aces and Eights was interesting as well. Chris Masters was one of them this week which is good to know.

This was another great moment. Bruce Prichard doing a "Hawk" during a live skit backstage. But unlike Hawk, time seemed to stand still when Prichard walked it. It was hilariously noticeable that it was a fuck up:

gJYzu.gif

Can't be arsed to review the full thing, so I'll say a few things. The first hour wasn't very good, but AJ vs Storm was great. The constant Barry Darsow references to Smash Jr were great, Xima Ion vs Kenny King was entertaining and the main event was PPV quality. The show long storyline making out like James Storm was in with the Aces and Eights was interesting as well. Chris Masters was one of them this week which is good to know.

This was another great moment. Bruce Prichard doing a "Hawk" during a live skit backstage. But unlike Hawk, time seemed to stand still when Prichard walked it. It was hilariously noticeable that it was a fuck up:

gJYzu.gif

that Pritchard thing was hilarious! Which one was Masters Ian?

I thought the BFG Series matches were both top notch matches. Bullys promo was great too. Loved both of them and loved the ending with Storm coming out looking like a star. Can the roster trust him? I dunno...

The rest like you said wasnt all that great. Kenny King and his music are great, should be a good 'rub' as they say for him and Zema Ion to be with Roode and Aries. I still maintain they should dress up Darsow like something from Demolition, he'd be much better but the

"What was he Russian?"

"Well he was a sympathiser, but not anymore"

lines were fantastic. Joey Ryan didnt really get on camera that much but i suppose that was the point. Nice to see Gunner back even if he's just Kash's lackey. Chavo did well I thought, though SuperMex coming out was the most obvious thing in the world but it felt natural so why not.

I actually missed Jeff Hardy on this, but Anderson and Van Dam were not in the slightest.

Next week should be great.

It had some moments, but it wasn't good enough.

Aries: "You're dad was a russian"

Darsow: "He was a russian sympathiser"

Aries: "ok, I'll put yous down as American/Russian)

I now want to see more Darsow.

Sometimes I think Taz forgets he's actually on a TV show, he's just their enjoying himself. The angle with Ryan and Snow. Taz laughs and says "Al just got suckerpunched by Joey Ryan" making Snow look like a muppet. He then trys to get over the severity of the incident but it's too late. It was funny, he laughed, Snow looked foolish.

And Tenay his voice just goes through me. I know he is never going to say anything mildly entertaining so I just zone out.

• Paid Members
Which one was Masters Ian?

The tall one in the blue shirt and skull ski mask. There are some which you can almost tell, but when they are swinging punches and moving, you can tell who they are. It was definitely him. Masters has a noticeable style in movement. I was startled to see how tall he was next to Austin Aries. He looked like Andre The Giant.

• Paid Members

I doubt it. They wouldn't fly him in just to do that. I imagine all the ones under the hoods are actually the ones who will be revealed at this stage. Can't be long until they all take their masks off. They kept saying "who is letting these guys in the building?" So that's probably D'Lo, since he's an agent and has access to the backstage area.

Which one was Masters Ian?

The tall one in the blue shirt and skull ski mask. There are some which you can almost tell, but when they are swinging punches and moving, you can tell who they are. It was definitely him. Masters has a noticeable style in movement. I was startled to see how tall he was next to Austin Aries. He looked like Andre The Giant.

Nah. Don't think it was Masters. Masters is much more tanned than that dude was. And more jacked too.

Archived