WWE Summerslam 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Wasn't a fan of the main event. For me, a good main event is to give the audience on the night what they want, and the crowd weren't prepared for a methodical match where Lesnar worked on a body part. Great storytelling and if it was Triple H and Randy Orton, it would have been awesome. But I think most were expecting Triple H and Brock to tear into each other full tilt, and the crowd weren't into it. It was still good, but I was expecting somewhat of a different match.

The show was alright though. Every match bar the opener (which was belting) seemed like it had another gear left to go up, but didnt quite get there. The show suffered without a typical Daniel Bryan showcase. Daniel Bryan tearing it up has been a stable of their PPVs for a good year now. Still a good show though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perfect story told throughout, thinking about it. Big Show looked like the monster he should be, Cena doing the hard work and the slimey Punk sneaking in to pinch the win.

I can completely see your point there, the logic is fairly airtight. And it's made me admire the match more, but I didn't find it an exciting watch. The whole show suffered from poor build-up I think.

Man, Arquette is awesome. He just seems to love it. The common theme coming from all the stories about his WCW stuff is that while it sucked in terms of logic, he was cool as fuck with everyone, donated his pay to Pillman's wife, took the boys out on the town and stuff. Compared to most celebs they cut to who are there with kids or are begging for the camera to move on, it's nice to see someone really throw themselves into it.

I predicted Summerslam would be shit, but I actually quite enjoyed it. The crowd were into it for most of the night. They weren't as in to it for the main event, which was notable, but the main event was alright. I weren't expecting a match like Cena vs. Lesnar. I don't believe that Triple H thinks that a match like that is the right way for the business to go, and that it could set a precedent for what to expect in the future. At Extreme Rules, they're willing to go all out a bit more. Summerslam is a big event and, like Wrestlemania (but to a lesser extent), is about the stars and the entertainment. I imagine Cena would be more willing to go the direction he did with Brock than Triple H would.

Jericho vs. Ziggler was a really good opener. Considering I'm not even sure when Bryan vs. Kane was announced or why it's still going, I enjoyed their match for what it was. Rey vs. Miz was alright too. Sheamus vs. Del Rio was better than what I expected considering I had no interest in it. Are they giving Sheamus a bit of an edge with that win? He could do with it. Tag match was ok, three-way was better than expected especially considering I couldn't have given a shit about it.

Jericho/ Ziggler was one of the best curtain openers I've seen in a long long time

Bryan/ Kane and Miz/Mysterio dragged good matches out of absolutely no build up but suprisingly, Sheamus/Del Rio was my match of the night, despite not giving a shit about it.

Shit on Del Rio and Sheamus all you want, they're good workers, if only purely in the ring.

I got a bit soured by the two main events, plan to re-watch them as I haven't really made up my mind

Good show overall, can't really fault WWE PPV this year, except maybe No Way Out 2012

Archived