WWE Summerslam 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got done watching summerslam and all in all it was a good event y2j vs ziggler & shames vs del rio where highlights of the night IMO the 3 way had a ending like the main event of tna's hardcore justice but instead of a pin it was a submission then match gets restarted and ends in a min. so 1-0 tna on that front. it looked to me that kane was supposed to win againt daniel bryant and thats why he got so pissed after match. and HHH vs lesner coulda shoulda been better. roll on

NIGHT OF THE CHAMPIONS

"Slum it in SD" Like SD is VHS quality. Get the fuck over yourself you pathetic cunt.

What's your point? I pay for Sky HD and last year WM27 messed up for my daughter. I complained and was refunded my money. When I order an event in HD and it messes up, through no fault of my own, why should I pay to slum it in non-HD? Get over yourself!

"Slum it in SD" Like SD is VHS quality. Get the fuck over yourself you pathetic cunt.

What's your point? I pay for Sky HD and last year WM27 messed up for my daughter. I complained and was refunded my money. When I order an event in HD and it messes up, through no fault of my own, why should I pay to slum it in non-HD? Get over yourself!

The point he's making is you're coming across really snobbish and that everyone else who "slums it" by watching in SD is beneath you. Nobody was questioning your consumer/statutory rights etc.

As for SummerSlam, I enjoyed most of it. Found the HHH/Lesnar bout boring as I was expecting something more along the lines of the Cena/Lesnar bout from Extreme Rules.

It started really, really well and gradually degenerated to an uninspiring 'meh'.

Trying to whip up sympathy for Triple H and his presumed retirement is pretty daft, seeing as he's been 75% retired for about 3 years. Also, Brock Lesnar went for a roll up. A roll up. In the middle of the match. That was my lasting memory of that match. Why did he go for a roll up? How did that play into the match, the story, or the Brock Lesnar character? It's the most fucking retarded thing i've seen in ages and is the sort of thing that would usually get you a couple of months working Santino on Superstars. And a couple of years working shafts in the showers.

Ziggler/Jericho was very good. The best thing Jericho's done since he's been back.

The Triple Threat was good too. Though, despite turning Punk slowly they seem to contradict themselves by actually giving him the moral highground. The commentators insist on making him look like he's in the right. It's very odd.

• Paid Members
Enjoyed the Jericho/Ziggler match as an opener and DBryan/Kane. The rest did nothing for me. I was hoping for a spot when someone nailed Piers Morgan behind the broadcast table but even that didn't happen!

I was hoping for that as well. The whole event was so underwhelming considering it was the 25th anniversary and all. They could've done without the 'musical' interlude and added the US championship belt for a bit more humour and to see Antonio Cesaro. It started off so well with a cracking little match with Jericho and Ziggler, Kane v Bryan wasn't bad with an interesting rampage at the end (poor Josh Matthews who'd have his job?). After Miz v Rey which wasn't bad but not great either it all seemed to go downhill. The triple threat was awkward but liked Punk's pink ring attire (hopefully homage to Hitman) but his celebration appeared to be directed at those at the back than Cena (he may have been close to dropping the title) and it should lead to a nice feud with Cena but you just know they won't capitalise on that.

HHH v Bork Laser (love that) was well as you'd expect. Lost count how many times HHH uses a table in his matches but it was a strange ending for a strange show. No surprises and nothing really to build on for further episodes.

• Paid Members
hhh v lesnar was the most disappointing wwe match this year hands down, didnt like it very much at all

I was disappointed when Cena beat Brock, but at least the match was good. Brock v Triple h was disappointing, and the match was shit.

He's managed to make that match look so much better which none of us probably expected. Highlight for me was HHH upsetting the little boy on his way back up the ramp.

Quick thoughts were that it was an okay/good PPV

Enjoyed Ziggler vs Jericho. Kane vs Bryan was alright, the aftermath was pretty cool. The tag match was great loving R-Truth/Kofi's attire. The Three Way was alright as well, AJ's intervention was completely useless. Could she not have said that at the top of the ramp rather than skipping down to the ring? They could have left the match 'hanging' had a rematch of Punk vs Cena at the next PPV. Big Show jobbed twice, what purpose does that serve? Punk is still not a heel if he has justification for his actions, which is what I've said all along. There's a slow burn, and then there is this, it's hard to boo some one when they actually have a point and are largely in the right.

Miz vs Batman, was 'there' and I didnt really pay any attention to Sheamus vs Del Rio as was other wise engaged sorting out some retro stuff.

The main event was well odd. It wasnt as intense as Cena vs Brock, Brock clearly has had more time to get back to a more WWE orientated working style rather than the unchecked aggression vs Cena, which was a bit odd considering the feud was so heated. I'm not sure what to think about it if indeed that was HHH's last match, surely a sledgehammer would have been involved if it was to be the case. Strange

• Paid Members

I thought the show was a right pile of boredom. I found myself willing nearly ever match to end, as I had no real interest in the feuds/people.

The main event was the worst the WWE has done in sometime (reeked of Triple H's 2003-4 form). It's like they ran out of stuff to do half way through it, so Lesnar did another scoop slam and teased the submission again and again and again and again. The match actually made the build seem good, which it wasn't. Triple H did well to get some cheers at the end though, given the crowd were loudly chanting "you tapped out" at him. Despite the crap intbetween the finish was superb, completely unexpected and made Lesnar look like a monster again. I fear they'll be doing a re-match at 'Mania/Survivor Series so Triple H and HBK can get their revenge.

The WWE title match was the best thing on the show by a quite some distance. Perfect story told throughout, thinking about it. Big Show looked like the monster he should be, Cena doing the hard work and the slimey Punk sneaking in to pinch the win. I like the idea of them playing up the fact that Punk has had the belt for ages and Cena hasn't touched the thing in months. It would be cool if they kept it off Cena until he wins it back at 'Mania.

AJ is the worst thing in wrestling. Go away you creepy cow.

Bryan v Kane was alright. I was hoping we were going to get backstage bits through the night of Kane looking for Bryan before eventually finding him and beating him up; shame.

Did they get a fan to dress up as Kevin Rodolf?! He couldn't hit a note and

. Maria Menounos is ridiculously attractive. Piers Morgan looking uncomfortable throughout the show was probably the highlight.

Great show, bring on them three hours!!!!!

Archived