WWE Summerslam 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I think this has the worse build of any summerslam ever and to be honest I do not expect this to further any storylines,

I think having 3 hour Raw are enough to turn people off the current product.

I expect Punk and Triple H to both go over.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this has the worse build of any summerslam ever and to be honest I do not expect this to further any storylines,

I think having 3 hour Raw are enough to turn people off the current product.

I expect Punk and Triple H to both go over.

You don't expect it to 'further any storylines'..? So what, they're just all going to sit in the middle of the ring, do fuck all, then go home?

I'm not too fussed about the show tonight, going to watch it tomorrow as I'd rather get the sleep for work tomorrow.

Maybe not so much with Summerslam, but I think the 3 hour Raws make the B-PPVs mean even less now they're around the same length. I think one Raw that was 3 hours in Spring this year was actually longer than a PPV around that time.

Audio from Heyman hyping up tonight's show. This guy could hype a...snow show...to eskimos...I think. Ignore the annoying presenter.

• Paid Members
It's not the second biggest show of the year anymore. It hasn't been for years.

It is for me. What would you say is the 2nd biggest show of the year? I suppose you could put an arguement in for Royal Rumble, but that's surely would make SummerSlam 3rd?

Anyway, I'm excited as always, got a fridge full of booze and a couple of mates coming over. New projector is all set up and bugger me is it hot tonight so it will at least feel like Summer! I was almost tempted to watch this outside but felt the neighbours may not appreciate it.

488209_10151000174117215_954687514_n.jpg

I really have no predictions going into this, I'd like Triple H to kick Lesners arse since he's coming across as such an arrogant prick, helped by the ever brilliant Heyman, but I suspect this is the moment for Lesner to get his win. I'm actually suprised Lesner hasn't destroyed Shawn Michaels in the build up to this.

• Paid Members
] I'm actually suprised Lesner hasn't destroyed Shawn Michaels in the build up to this.

Did you miss Raw on Monday/Thursday?

I watched it earlier, Sky+ cut the show off after the contract signing and Lesner had left the ring. I assumed that was the end of the show?

EDIT: Just looked on youtube, can't believe my Sky+ cut off the best part of Raw! How much did I miss?

Show ordered but can't record it live. Second time this has happened with a wwe ppv. Phoned sky and they tried to fix it by rebooting box but didnt work. Not amused. Looking forward to Brock/HHH and the Jericho/Ziggler. Have a bad feeling either Cena or Show will win, can't say I'm too enamoured with the thought of either as champ again. Neither need the belt , but does the belt need either of them?

• Paid Members
Show ordered but can't record it live. Second time this has happened with a wwe ppv. Phoned sky and they tried to fix it by rebooting box but didnt work. Not amused. Looking forward to Brock/HHH and the Jericho/Ziggler. Have a bad feeling either Cena or Show will win, can't say I'm too enamoured with the thought of either as champ again. Neither need the belt , but does the belt need either of them?

What the belt needs to is to be replaced! There was a convincing rumour this was happening as part of the Raw 1000 episode, but sadly that was false :/

• Paid Members

Really can't stand WWE at the minute. I can't remember the last time I watched Raw without it either being just on in the background or turned off an hour or so in. Even the good stuff isn't good enough to endure the rest for. I'll be sticking this on though either tonight if I can be arsed, or tomorrow, purely for the Lesnar match. If HHH and Brock Lesnar can't put on a match worth watching then that'll probably be me done. Not interested in any other match on the card.

Bit the bullet and ordered it, first non-Wrestlemania WWE PPV ordered since Elimination Chamber 09. Mostly due to Lesnar, I want to see him get a long overdue win, and if Hunter goes over, well, he should get battered pretty well in the process.

The rest of the card looks to be great fun. Rey vs Miz was great last year in San Diego; Kane has quality matches with quality opponents, and Bryan might be the best right now; and of course Y2J vs Ziggler has "showstealer" written all over it. Unfortunately, the two matches I'm looking forward to least are the world title matches. I've seen enough variations of Cena/Punk/Show to last a lifetime, and Del Rio hasn't entertained me since losing to Edge at Mania last year. I like Sheamus though, hopefully he makes it exciting. If he can have a very good match with Tensai, there should be no reason why he can't have a better match with Del Rio, who is technically superior.

ok i guess no fucker is watching or is on here - my brother said he is watching fine.

i missed the opener, which is the only match i actually wanted to see* so im pissed i can watch in HD, which is all anyone should watch these days.

the SD looks like an illegal stream in comparison. i wont be paying for this thats for sure, sky are getting an earful tomorrow.

* thats the story im telling sky anyway. i refuse to pay 15 notes for a shitty SD version and miss a top match. truthishly, its the 2nd most wanted match after hunter vs bork laser but still, its the principle.

Archived