Triple X Wrestling - 25/08/12 - Coventry

Quentin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Also, as UKFF Pool Champion I'll happily play whoever makes their way to the Aardvark for the crown before the show begins. Challengers pay for the game >_>

I assume The Aardvark will still be destination of choice for pre-show meets/drinks/eats/Scream Burgers/curly fries, despite this show being in a different part of town?

• Paid Members

It appears to be just over a mile's walk from The Aardvark to the SQ Club so seems doable to go there before the show.

Wondering whether to make this, was all set to go all out before uni and go down to IPW on the Sunday but the near 4 hour, ridiculous price of trying to get down there whatever I attempted over this seems to be losing out right now. Triple X was the first promotion I watched live and I will always have a soft spot for it.

Going to see if I can get some mates down to this for sure.

Also, as UKFF Pool Champion I'll happily play whoever makes their way to the Aardvark for the crown before the show begins. Challengers pay for the game >_>

I assume The Aardvark will still be destination of choice for pre-show meets/drinks/eats/Scream Burgers/curly fries, despite this show being in a different part of town?

There is a Scream pub a few hundred yards from the SQ. The sign says it is called The Phoenix but everyone knows it as the Campbell.

There is a Scream pub a few hundred yards from the SQ. The sign says it is called The Phoenix but everyone knows it as the Campbell.

Aye and it's fairly good there to be honest, certainly beats 'The Kasbah'... :)

• Paid Members

Let's just clear this up first and foremost...

TXWAnnouncement.jpg

Also, YOU CAN NOW BUY ADVANCE TICKETS! Yes, we though we'd get with the times and you can make sure you are not turned away at the door because you got drunk, showed up late and we sold the place out. It could so freaking happen! Also, this way you can buy a bunch of tickets for your mates and force them to come too! AND you even save a bit of money! Tickets are

Looks like Gabe Grey's going to be on the 'Comic' show in Kent that day, so we'll be needing a new host to keep us all in check.

I know who I'd suggest - don't worry, he's not a terrorist or anything...

Genuinely wondering who you're referring to with that.

• Paid Members
Looks like Gabe Grey's going to be on the 'Comic' show in Kent that day, so we'll be needing a new host to keep us all in check.

I know who I'd suggest - don't worry, he's not a terrorist or anything...

Genuinely wondering who you're referring to with that.

Don't panic - he's Islamic.

This looks like the place:

coventrysq.jpg

Looks like there's a place on the corner called the Hope and Glory too. That any good?

Ah fuck me, that's the old Builders club, been to a few wedding receptions there. Cracking place, Butch, bring your arrows, we're having it.

I know there are a few CAMRA sorts on here so get yourselves to Whitefriars. It's right near The Campbell and is a super pub. Benny, not heard of Hope And Glory. Maybe it was on the old site of Hope And Anchor, aka Hopeless Wanker.

• Paid Members
Ah fuck me, that's the old Builders club, been to a few wedding receptions there. Cracking place, Butch, bring your arrows, we're having it.

I know there are a few CAMRA sorts on here so get yourselves to Whitefriars. It's right near The Campbell and is a super pub. Benny, not heard of Hope And Glory. Maybe it was on the old site of Hope And Anchor, aka Hopeless Wanker.

My error - it was actually Hope & Anchor I meant, spotted it on the corner next door to the SQ Club on Google Maps. Sounds like the place has gone since that photo was taken, then...

Archived