Triple X Wrestling - 25/08/12 - Coventry

Quentin

• Paid Members

I'm guessing some of you are still wanting to hear the 4th name for the Fatal Fuckin' Four Way? Well, let me give you YOUR main event for the evening....

TXWFATALFINAL.jpg

That's right, it's JIMMY FUCKING HAVOC! We couldn't think of anyone more deserving for this final spot to challenge for the title. Jimmy has been with us since day one (in fact, he was in the very 1st match!), and has put his body through more punishment on our shows than most wrestlers take in a lifetime. Although him and Zack have been good friends for years Jimmy has no quarrel about doing what it takes to become top dog in the house that he helped build.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was considering typing up a big recap of everything, but I'm sure you all know what the other matches are by now, so how about some new ones?

nxxxt2.jpg

NXXXT returns! It's taken month after month of hard fought keg carrying, musical chairs, and karaoke contests, but we've finally found 2 rookies with the relevant wrestling skills to be TXW superstars! Come see them velcro up their kickpads and desperately flip around for your approval as they try and 'get their shit in'.

txwtagmatch.jpg

We told you The Henchmen were coming. Some of you may be thinking you recognise them, and that's because you probably do! Jim Diehard & Benton Destruction have been pounding beers and pumping iron for over a decade, and certainly have some strong ideas on 'how wrestling should be'. Despite now residing in sunny Tampa, Florida, they're coming to make their home in Triple X, so we thought we'd throw them in there against one of the top tag teams we have at our disposal, The Dunne Bros. Pete and Damo are going to have their work cut out for them judging by

, but with such a massive opportunity in front of them they're sure to bring their A game.

Plus we've got some dude called Prince David, crime author John Grisham and that Zack kid who used to open for us.

And you're gonna want to arrive there early for...

TXWFanAxxxess2.jpg

For just

• Paid Members

So that's:

- The 4-way

- Gresham/Mandrews

- Spud/Grado

- Dunnes/Henchmen

- An Exodus match

- A Scott Grimm match

- Something with the zombies

- NXXXT

This is shaping up real nice. Oh god, I missed the buzz I get leading up to a TXW event. It's been way too long. TWO DAYS!

I've been out of the 'wrestling loop' for a good few years now but am pretty much just a casual fan more than anything. Last 'proper' show i attended was International Showdown in Coventry in 2005 i think.

Just started watching some wrestling again (chikara and pwg) and its given me a taste to watch some live action again after all this time. Timing couldnt have been better from the looks of the events going on this weekend :)

Anyway, hoping to make it a wrestling weekend with watching a show on friday and this one on saturday and just wondering, can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect with experiencing Triple X wrestling live as everyone seems to be buzzing about this and i've read in previous posts that even tho the dvd's are a good watch (where can i buy some of them btw, couldnt find a website selling them ?) TXW is one of them promotions/shows that is better experienced live?

Also, i'll be making the 300 mile round trip by myself since my nephew has gone to Reading festival so just wondering, does anyone else travel from far away on their own to go to these types of shows? guess im trying to make myself feel better and not be such a sad sack if im the only one, lol. Either way, looking forward to it :)

• Paid Members

TXW is definitely better live. I imagine the DVDs aren't as good if you weren't at the show, but some of the matches make them worth checking out. They don't sell the DVDs online anywhere, but you can pick them up at the shows.

Guessing there'll be a few from here lurking in that Phoenix place before/after this show?

Just out of interest where else is there in Cov that people go late at night? Whenever I've been it's always confused me slightly as a place because you've got the Skydome bit and then stuff dotted around the top end by where we are tomorrow, but there never seems a great deal happening up that way. Just wondered if i'm missing anything.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'll be in the Phoenix sometime between 3 and 4, as will Benny HG and Freaky. I'm off straight after, but Alexander and NBT are sticking around for the night, and they know the place pretty well. There's a bunch of places near the venue I think.

Sadly some real life stuff has got in the way so im gonna have to give it a miss. Gutted. Hopefully be able to get to the next one.

If anyone who is lucky enough to be going and would be nice enough to pick up some things off the merch stand for me, could you please drop me a pm (can arrange to transfer cash and give some extra for a couple of pints as well).

Archived