Triple X Wrestling - 25/08/12 - Coventry

Quentin

Ah fuck me, that's the old Builders club, been to a few wedding receptions there. Cracking place, Butch, bring your arrows, we're having it.

I know there are a few CAMRA sorts on here so get yourselves to Whitefriars. It's right near The Campbell and is a super pub. Benny, not heard of Hope And Glory. Maybe it was on the old site of Hope And Anchor, aka Hopeless Wanker.

My error - it was actually Hope & Anchor I meant, spotted it on the corner next door to the SQ Club on Google Maps. Sounds like the place has gone since that photo was taken, then...

Yeah, got demolished a few years ago. Some good places for a bevvy and a meal beforehand. If you feel brave, you can see if you can get into the infamous Browns Bar up the road. The food is excellent, just don't wear a military uniform!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I highly recommend Whitefriars if only for the building itself. It's literally centuries old and just charming. As said, very big on real ale. The Express Diner next door does some pretty amazing chicken also. If all else fails, the Phoenix is cheap drinks and food. Still within walking distance of the same hotels (ibis, travelodge, and the infamous formula one) and most importantly, Heat.

Looks like Gabe Grey's going to be on the 'Comic' show in Kent that day, so we'll be needing a new host to keep us all in check.

Sorry, was too good a chance to miss when Gabe and Majik offered to revive the Damned Nation for our shows. Interesting things planned for them once all four members are announced by show 3 for us.

Really pleased to see XXX up and running again. Devilman is cursing he wasn't able to make either ours or your show due to unescapable wedding commitments.

• Paid Members

I do hope that Triple X and CWA don't collide again. There are some unfortunate crossovers between rosters on August 25th. Having said that, CWA has a blinding lineup. With that in mind, I reckon it's a good day to drop a big announcement for this one!

Let's say, at 8pm tonight... :sly:

Absolutely. Really love what you guys do/have done in the past despite being at the opposite end of the spectrum from us re target audience.

Wouldn't have been a clash if we hadn't had to 'bump' our date due to another wrestling fed.

Good luck with your revival, hope to make it up for an event in the future

A wrestling venue with a dartboard?! There needs to be more shows in there later in the year. If only for me to have the best novelty at a wrestling show ever.

If you think you will be more over than The DartBreak Kid, you can jog the fuck on.

A wrestling venue with a dartboard?! There needs to be more shows in there later in the year. If only for me to have the best novelty at a wrestling show ever.

If you think you will be more over than The DartBreak Kid, you can jog the fuck on.

Man card. Hand it over.

Man card. Hand it over.

No, DBK got more pussy on the 90's Coventry Darts scene than Steve Beaton.

Archived