Triple X Wrestling - 25/08/12 - Coventry

Quentin

Anyone started making arrangements about where to stay/what time to get into Cov? Obviously as its a Saturday I'm planning to be in a pub showing Soccer Saturday by at least 2. Travelodge is the hotel bang in the centre of the Cov right (Coventry in my eyes being the land inside the ring road >_>)?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Travelodge to Phoenix to the SQ to Phoenix to Express Diner to Travelodge sounds like the best night out ever and it's all within minutes walk of each other. If I wasn't busy that night I'd be all over that shit.

• Paid Members

I'm gonna say yes. I was there for the local leg of my stag do but that was getting on for a year ago. Haven't heard anything about it closing so I can only assume it's still going. Let me know if the American girl is still working there. She's amazing.

• Paid Members

That'll do nicely! I can't recall ever seeing Gresham but it's not hard to get a good match out of Mandrews.

EDIT: Probably main event partially announced on the Facebook page just now. I'll avoid pissing on the parade and let them post their own match graphic.

• Paid Members

Yes, the show will be recorded for DVD, but as someone mentioned earlier Triple X is something that really needs to be experienced live.

I'd also like to remind people of that historic night where

from Adam Shame in an extremely hard-fought match. Although we didn't know it would be at the time, there couldn't have been a more perfect final match for a venue that's played host to some of the most bizarre, obscene and beautiful moments in British wrestling.

This may seem like a bit of a transparent attempt to get more posts in this thread, but I'd love to hear some of peoples favourite memories of the place...

Oh, and because it can't be stated enough;

Archived