The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was happy enough to come off an absolute battering on short notice with little to no fight camp if it meant big pay, which is the business side of things.

Let's be clear, I don't think he should step up, I wouldn't exactly look down on him for not stepping up, I just think it hurts his public image if he's willing to fight certain people on short notice and not others. Seems a bit hypocritical.

The compromise is, as Mole said, shift Jacare to 206 and have Bisping fight him there. Should solve the money problem, no?

• Paid Members

He shouldn't be calling people out for 206 if he isn't ready to go, he got struck twice with massive punches but he hardly got a pasting, he out struck him easily for about 22 minutes.

Dear me fellas.

For starters Mole, he's not calling out simply anyone. It's 2 of the biggest fighting names on the planet.

It was a moment of opportunity and neither look like coming off. Anyone with half a brain could see this.

The money is the most important thing here. Accepting Diaz or GSP brings in the ppv buys, and it would mean accepting a short notice fight, which 206 is, worth while.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for Bisping to accept Jacare at any point where short notice is involved.

Furthermore Bisping's face was a mess after Henderson, and that could easily open up in a short notice fight.

I think Bisping's only out for the money fights, he knows his run as champ is limited. I don't think he'd accept fighting Jacare, at least not without a full training camp.

As for Melbourne, I don't overly care if they get shafted or not. Between UFC events, and getting steel cages and WWE Network cameras for their NXT event, I'm pretty bitter towards that city at the moment. If it were happening in Sydney, totally different story. But the USA doesn't seem to consider Sydney a major city anymore, so, yeah.

It matters to me as I'm on a rather expensive flight from Sydney down to Melbourne for that card.  I don't think Jacare stays on that card now - it wouldn't shock me for them to throw money at Bisping to fight him at 206 instead.   Disappointed but lets see what Dana comes up with. 

He shouldn't be calling people out for 206 if he isn't ready to go, he got struck twice with massive punches but he hardly got a pasting, he out struck him easily for about 22 minutes.

Dear me fellas.

For starters Mole, he's not calling out simply anyone. It's 2 of the biggest fighting names on the planet.

It was a moment of opportunity and neither look like coming off. Anyone with half a brain could see this.

The money is the most important thing here. Accepting Diaz or GSP brings in the ppv buys, and it would mean accepting a short notice fight, which 206 is, worth while.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for Bisping to accept Jacare at any point where short notice is involved.

Furthermore Bisping's face was a mess after Henderson, and that could easily open up in a short notice fight.

Two draws who haven't fought in years, Diaz last win was fucking BJ Penn 5 years ago, I know he wants an easy fight but its not like he's taking on a guy in a weeks notice he still has over a month to get ready. I was fine with him fighting Welterweight names while the top 4 MWs settled itself out.

Toronto is probably struggling to sell at the gate but add another legit title fight and it probably sways people who may not have attended the event and the UFC may bump up his pay for taking a fight like this and potentially either forcing GSP's hand or fighting a legit top guy.

• Paid Members

Rockhold has pulled out of the Jacare fight with an injured knee. Damn shame that. I suppose Bisping could fight him now although I sense he's putting off fighting a genuine MW contender for as long as possible. 

It's been discussed from the previous page and above GB.

• Paid Members

Robert Whitaker/Derek Brunson is going to headline Australia. It's a bit of a stepdown but it's the two under the radar guys at 185 who deserve the spotlight, im happy with it.

Other news, a second Welsh fighter has signed with the the UFC, Brett Johns has signed and will debut on the same Belfast card as Jack Marshman. He's 12-0 and is the current Titan FC 135lb champ, the Welsh are taking over!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-Johns-92891

• Paid Members

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kron Gracie

Charles Bennett vs. Minoru Kimura

Announced for Rizin's New Year's Eve show (might start a thread for that badboy closer to the day). I have high hopes for the show, i hope they stack it.

Massive step up for Kron Gracie, can't wait to see that. Is the hype real?

Krazy Horse rematched the guy he KO'd in 7 seconds in September, proper grudge match going on there with Wanderlei being involved.

20160925075758_S16L1497_new.JPG

Robert Whitaker/Derek Brunson is going to headline Australia. It's a bit of a stepdown but it's the two under the radar guys at 185 who deserve the spotlight, im happy with it.

Big Whittaker fan but I'm not exactly enamoured with that decision. A month away, they could do better for the Australian fans, but have gone the easiest option. Doesn't make me that mad because I'm not actually attending this time, finances aren't quite there right now. Still not great, I think if I had bought a front row ticket as I did for Hunt vs. Mir earlier this year, I'd be pissed. Starting to think I really live in the wrong area, between either my city or my country getting the snub from my favourite forms of entertainment. UK gets a middleweight championship and Raw tapings, Canada gets light heavyweight championship and Takeovers, Australia gets fringe top 10 contenders and house shows :( There was UFC 193 though, which makes it even more baffling they're not looking to do right by Melbourne and Australia as a whole when we set the UFC attendance record.

Ah well, it is what it is. I can't exactly afford to move to another country. Never mind me, had some drinks tonight and I'm a little mopey. Whittaker vs. Brunson is a good fight, and it'll be interesting to see if they make it a 5 round fight. Would like to see how Rob's cardio holds up in the championship rounds.

I think he realises he has a very limited window as champion so is trying to get as much money out of it as possible. GSP and Diaz are winnable (given their inactivity rather than on overall ability) and are big pay days. I think that's pretty obvious. Make hay while the sun shines.

Talk of DC being injured and possibly out of the Rumble fight. Rough couple of days.

Holy hell that would be rough. That card isn't blessed with star power regardless, so I could genuinely see them downgrading it from a PPV if Cormier really is out of the fight. With just over a month to go, and 205 and 207 both stacked, do they have time to salvage anything? Who would you have Rumble face? He's just sparked Glover, Gusty didn't look fantastic in what was supposed to be a rebuilding fight for him, Manuwa despite coming off of a KO win isn't going to sell a PPV, and Bader is Bader. Fuck it, give Shogun a shot. If Henderson is getting a title shot based off of one victory, it's not too much of a stretch to have Shogun have a pop at the belt coming off of two. 

Archived