IMPACT Wrestling Discussion July 5th *Spoilers*

Cobra1000

Another top notch episode from TNA.

Joseph Park is easily the most loved character on the show, Bully Ray announcing his twitter account was a tad meh but the segment totally got me excited for next week's rematch. The restraining order has put a interesting little twist in the river, I'm guessing this is their version of stretching the Abyss. Bully Ray blow-off match towards Bound For Glory.

Crimson practically got jobbed out to Devon. Devon was over like a mother fucker too, but the interesting turn was after the match. Madison Rayne came down to the ring (we all think her crush was Devon after speaking to Garrett last week) but no! She dodged Devon and tongued Earl 'fucking' Hebner. Hilarious! "You screwd Rayne!".

The first X-Division tournament match was pretty shit. That guy who came back from last year was just awful, but I can gladly accept that failure because in my opinion TNA could have found their next breakout star in Kenny King. The guy looked like a machine and that little backstage segment he shared with Aries shows me that there is total potential there for Kenny in TNA.

The AJ, Dixie stuff this week was the best it's been, pretty short and to the point. I'm loving the use of 'prick', 'whore' and 'crack addicts' being thrown about. Nice to feel like a target audience for once. Even though we have seen AJ vs. Daniel enough times now, I'm pretty confident that we will get a decent outing between the pair Sunday, as long as it's nothing like their I Quit match at BFG I'm a happy camper.

Storm was getting slightly booed this week. The crowd was full of surprisingly hot chicks who were all drooling over Jeff Hardy. He was super-over tonight and had one of the best matches he's had in ages with Storm. Hardy picked up the win to chuck himself up near the top of the board.

Roode and Aries got lot's of TV time this week. Which is a great thing because it was all fun TV. Sabin came out practically on the verge of retiring due to injury, Roode then comes down saying how all the X-Divison wrestlers are all the same, they take risk for no reward and get nowhere. Roode eventually kicked away Sabins crutches like a prick and began a slow beat down on the injured knee before Aries made the save. The show ended with Aries planning on handing over the X title to Hogan before Roode interrupted Hogan once again and got in his face. The show ended with Aries holding both titles high in the air with the place going bananas.

I'm hyped for Sunday!

Oh yes! We also finally got some follow up on the attack on sting. It's abit late and I can't for the life of me remember what the 4 cards said but we get to find out next week!

Already announced for next week:

Joseph Park vs. Bully Ray II

Gail Kim vs. Miss. Tessmacker for KO Championship

Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson (BFG Series)

Debut of Sting's attackers

Destination X fall out

More Madison Rayne and Hebner bashing?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only watched from the AJ appearance and it wasn't as good as the last few weeks but it was ok.

matches i saw were good. some of the lines in the aj segment were funny. Kenny King was great and looking forward to the little tourney this sunday.

about that on the TNA website they have zema ion, kid kash, doug williams, sonjay dutt and rashad cameron as the contenders. add the two from tonight and thats 7. I get the website might not be updated yet but did they announce the 8th and i missed it or will that be a surprise?

It's telling that Crimson (a heel) got more cheers in the dark match than James Storm (the supposed next face of the company) got in the main event. Place was absolutely jumping for the main event and I nearly burst an artery when Hogan turned up. I will say that, despite being ridiculously shortsighted, that hurricanrana round the ring post was batshit mental and I loved it so much. Roode smashing Sabin was fantastic too.

Destination X should be absolutely beast.

Also, sorry about the double post, but this was just posted on ROH's Facebook:

The appearance of ROH wrestler Kenny King on another television wrestling program tonight has raised speculation on his future as well as how this appearance could occur.

The contract Kenny King signed in June 2011 expired 11 days ago. Before that expiration, an agreement was reached between Kenny and ROH management for an extension of that contract, with a provision to allow him to negotiate with any other promotions so that he could evaluate his options and any potential interest in him elsewhere. When that short extension concluded he would then be free to accept an offer elsewhere, or sign another long term contract with ROH. Under this agreement, Kenny was free to negotiate but not to wrestle for another organization without ROH's permission.

When Kenny was presented with the written extension reflecting this verbal and handshake agreement, he informed ROH he was unsure if other promotions would accept the negotiation clause. He was told he could take the document to be examined by his attorney or other interested parties before executing it to be reassured any other offers would not be viewed as contract tampering. He also informed ROH that he would keep us apprised of any developments.

He contacted ROH on Tuesday July 3 to inform us that he had a meeting in Orlando on Thursday, July 5, which was within the scope of the agreement he had made. Then, early morning on July 5, he contacted an ROH official to say he would be wrestling on the Orlando event that night. He was told he did not have permission to appear live on television as it violated the agreement that had been made. His response was that the deal he had shaken hands on and agreed to in principle "seemed fair at the time", but "others" had told him it was not, so he did not intend to honor it.

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.

Oo-er.

• Paid Members
Also, sorry about the double post, but this was just posted on ROH's Facebook:

Ring of Honor is disappointed that Kenny has chosen to make this decision, after the company had agreed to and followed through on everything he had asked for at the time of our negotiation. However, we consider this breach of his verbal agreement unacceptable, and regardless of his future employment status with any other wrestling company, ROH will not be doing business with Kenny King going forward.

A statement from ROH will be forthcoming regarding the future of the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Co-holder Rhett Titus remains on the active ROH roster.

Oo-er.

From recent things I've read on here, ROH is a sinking ship anyway. He made the right choice as TNA seemed pretty positive on him throughout the show, and I reckon he's impressive enough to keep around after the PPV.

At first I was abit fucked off that we didn't get any former X Division guys turn up but Kenny King and Flip were really good. Its a shame Flip was against such a shit opponent what was he doing back there two years on the trot? I hope we see Jigsaw get the final spot, I love Jigsaw.

Overall decent show better than RAW (again) but not as good as the past weeks. Despite the slightly weaker show I still cannot wait for Destination X and next weeks show. So they are doing something right. Also the Aces and Eights is pretty cool, I'm really interested in them I thought they were gonna interfere in the Storm/Hardy match therefore setting a 6 Man tag for a later PPV featuring a returning Sting.

Austin Aries is the fucking money. He has to win we could have Aries/Storm, Aries/Roode, Aries/Hardy, Aries/Sting, Aries/AJ, even Aries/Daniels or Anderson.

I'm definitely coming round to Storm as a top face, he is an imposing and charismatic guy. Still think ultimately he'll be a better heel though, but isn't everyone?

Hogan clearly likes Aries a lot, their interactions have been great. Aries has travelled a lot and paid his dues, I reckon Hogan respects that.

I hated Flip Casanova. Dakota Darsow wasnt very good, but i ended up feeling sorry for him. Did anyone else see when Flip landed on him at the end of the match Flip looked at him and was like "oh sorry". If theres one guy that should be using his 2nd generation heritage its Darsow. Get some facepaint on son.

Kenny King on the other hand is as charismatic a person to ever walk out of Ring of Honor. Though if he wins the Championship there isn't much for him to do is there? Feud with A-Double?

Hope Jigsaw/Rubix is the last guy in the tournament too.

Good show, not quite up there with last weeks but still good. Seems like Destination X and next weeks Impacts are gonna be stacked.

Jeff Hardy vs James Storm was great and showed that Storm maybe still has some weakness in him. Should be good to see in the coming weeks how he handles the loss. The two videos they showed hyping this match were also fantastic.

I may have to go on Twitta to see what Bully Ray is up to.

How badass is A Double? The bit at the end was fantastic, and the bit with Sabin was good too. I wouldnt mind him walking away with that World Championship but I dont think its happening. The next guy for the belt is James Storm im sure of it. Though Bobby Roode has taken somewhat of a backseat to Aries' Option C stuff anytime he's on screen hes amazing as always.

Cant wait for Destination X.

• Paid Members

Reading the statement, it begs the question: if Kenny King's contract was coming up (or was up), why did they put the tag team belts on an un-contracted wrestler on June 24? They must have seen this coming. A handshake means fuck all in the wrestling business. Cornette's been in wrestling how long?

Kudos to whoever came up with Kenny King's entrance music. That's the type of tune that would get a guy over (to an extent) just by having him enter to it. Very catchy and upbeat. Crowd was loving it and dancing to it. Just another added bonus to Kenny King's impressive showing. The rest of the X Division guys last night not so much but King came off looking like a star.

Also, no promo time for Flip Cassanova? Not even on the postshow or during the commercial breaks? Yikes. Looks like they don't think very highly of his ability to talk.

Haven't seen it yet but "lars only" has had good matches before do's tend to look better in his tag team it gives him more to work off, I do appreciate however that his look probably dosen't look good in TNA. I wouldn't object to scopio sky going through because i've seen how good he can be but Rubix is probably the obvious choice.

• Paid Members

Dakota Darsow was the absolute pits. His match with Flip was basically a squash, and as flippy as Flip is (obviously) he had little going for him outside of his dangerous moves. Most annoyingly though is I can't remember what his finisher is already, as he'd hit what looked like one and then awkwardly drag Dakota across the ring to do his next one.

Kenny King was ace, he had the whole package and you could tell that. Great look, good in the ring, great entrance music, and he wasn't a half bad talker.

Impact was good this week as usual, if a little less big-time feeling that previous weeks. Austin and Roode were all form all night, especially during the Sabin segment. How whiny is Sabin's voice? He'll never get much further up the card than he is now I reckon, he just doesn't seem to have "it".

James Storm confused me a bit, as he is obviously their next big face but he powdered out during the Hardy match and was acting very much like a heel, slowly walking outside the ring and refusing to get back in, and telling the ref to hold Hardy back, etc.

The Earl Hebner thing was daft, and the sort of thing they should be staying away from. I laughed, but that's because I have faith it'll actually go somewhere (Madison using Earl to screw people over in matches for her?) but for newer viewers or people with less tolerance, it was just some ill looking knockout necking with an old ref.

I actually went on Twitter when Bully announced it, and retweeted him just to see what happened. I watched the numbers and he must have had about 20,000 followers in 5 minutes. Insane. The twist with the restraining order was good though.

Anyway, good episode. Really excited for Destination X and next week's show looks cracking.

Archived