IMPACT Wrestling Discussion July 5th *Spoilers*

Cobra1000

They all face each other once and there is 12 guys (this includes house show matches), they had that battle royal and the thing that's in the spoiler tags I posted and then I believe the top 4 face each other at the September PPV.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we now know who one of the X Division guys will be. It's a well-known indy guy. Just in case someone doesn't want to know before watching the show tonight I'll put it in a spoiler tag. Via PWInsider:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

ROH Tag Team champion Kenny King is backstage at Impact dressed to wrestle and is taking part in a pre-show workout led by D'Lo Brown with a number of other wrestlers.

The word making the rounds at Impact is that while King is still with ROH, his contract has expired so he's free to pop up anywhere he wants.

King was aligned with TNA's Austin Aries in ROH. Aries listed King as a talent he'd like to see in TNA during a media conference call last week.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Looks like we now know who one of the X Division guys will be. It's a well-known indy guy. Just in case someone doesn't want to know before watching the show tonight I'll put it in a spoiler tag. Via PWInsider:

ROH Tag Team champion Kenny King is backstage at Impact dressed to wrestle and is taking part in a pre-show workout led by D'Lo Brown with a number of other wrestlers.

The word making the rounds at Impact is that while King is still with ROH, his contract has expired so he's free to pop up anywhere he wants.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Pretty cool.

Swish. Love the All Night XPress! Cant see one half of the Tag Champions contract being up though? (Although, it is ROH afterall) but you can wrestle for both ROH and TNA sure cant you? but it'll be great to see him on Impact. He could do great things and of course at least he's better than Sabian, or Rasheed Cameron or whatever he is called.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Apparently, earlier today Kenny tweeted this: Watch the skies...... Change, she is a coming. And his current photo on Twitter is one from his days as a TNA jobber back in 2005/2006. Looks like he's losing that ROH Tag Title soon...

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Kenny King stands out these days. One of the guys in ROH I'm high on, as well as his partner, but Titus doesn't have the star quality that King has for me.

Hope King gets a decent chance in TNA. No reason why he wouldn't either.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Another two indy names backstage at TNA:

Flip Kendrick (from Aeroform) and Johnny Yuma (from RockNESS Monsters).

And the previously mentioned Dakota Darsow has been confirmed as being there as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

When did Brian Kendrick leave TNA by the way? He just suddenly disappeared and I've only just noticed. He could be back for the tourney.

One of the things I like about TNA, they do have a regular turnover of guys.

• Paid Members
Kenny King of the ROH tag team champion All Night Express is backstage at tonight's TNA show in Orlando. He may be in for the X Division matches. King is a free agent, as he did not sign a new ROH contract when his most recent deal expired.

Not to snipe, but did you read any of the posts above?

• Paid Members

It was OK. Not as good as previous weeks. Seemed like they are waiting to get the PPV out of the way to get down to business, because a few interview segments were rushed. Evident by the fact the longest interview segment was the one promoting next weeks Impact. It was alright, though.

-Bully Ray opened up the show and announced he had joined “twiddah!” He then told Joseph Park to come out. Park turned up and again got in Bully’s face. Joseph acted really brave in this segment, until Bully accepted his challenge by announcing he has a restraining order against Abyss and he isn’t allowed near him. Joseph shit himself. He’s in trouble next week.

-Crimson’s losing streak continued, with Devon making short work of him. But the real story here is that Madison Rayne then arrived. She went towards Devon and then shoved him out the way and was met in the awaiting arms of Earl Hebner, who she began necking on with. Good on Earl. He had a suspected stonker on as well. Madison and Earl has potential to be a far better than Punk, Bryan and AJ.

-Chris Sabin turned up. He was talking about the doctors telling him to find something else to do for a living. Bobby Roode then came out and told him that he was just another casualty in a long list of injured X wrestlers, and Austin Aries would join the list on Sunday. Roode then kicked his crushes away and started booting his knee. Aries made the save. Roode came across class.

-Flip Casanova and Demolition Smash’s son had a match which was about 5 minutes long, filled with the sloppiest flips imaginable, and ended when Casanova won with a 450 senton splash, where Flip’s left leg landed on Smash Jr’s stomach and his right leg landed on his nose, busting it open and probably breaking it. Flip Casanova advances, but this fucker is a little dangerous twat. The wrong man went over by process of elimination. Smash’s son wasn’t up to much, but he looked far safer. Taz was great on commentary here. He was like “this kid is reckless”.

-Women’s match between Gail Kim and Madison Rayne and Brooke and Tara. Typical woman’s match really. Brooke beat Rayne. Not up to much. Tara still looks like she smokes 40 regal a day and works in a pub.

-AJ Styles came out and was interrupted by Daniels and Kaz. Styles denied he’d got Claire up the stick. Styles then reminded us that he and Daniels have feuded for a full year now, which was shocking. He told Daniels their match will be a Last Man Standing match. And there was no Claire this week, which was obviously a good thing. But its Styles and Daniels. Who wants to see this shite again?

-Jason Hervy from the Wonder Years was interviewing Hulk Hogan (who was in full red and yellow which was a pleasant surprise if your into that sort of thing) and some short biker bloke with a bandana on (I imagine he’s the messenger, and not apart of the gang) turned up and gave Hogan a letter which read “we’re not cowards” on the envelope and “see you next week” on the actual letter with two aces and two eight playing cards on it (the Dead Man‘s Hand). Its at least interesting. I imagine Hogan’s getting a kicking next week. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing Hogan just give them all a slapping and ripping their masks off. This has to be setting up a Sting and Hogan vs. The Bikers. If we get the return of Road Wild and the Hulk Power helmet, it has to be considered a win for TNA.

-ROH World Tag Team Champion Kenny King wrestled a man known as Lars Only. I'm all for naming someone after two of your musical heroes, but I can only imagine he took the name Lars because Metallica's drummer is also short, and his second name from Jerry Only because he also had shit hair and pasty skin. He should have been called "Lars Only Bloke Who's Thought That Frankensteiner To The Floor Was A Good Idea". Kenny King is pretty good. Wrestles with far more maturity than anyone other than Sonjay Dutt in this X tournament. Seems a charismatic lad. I’d like to see more of King in TNA. Lars on the other hand was a skinny bloke with tattoos and an Axl Rose bandana. Taz was burying him throughout, which was the highlight. King was more or less having a match by himself. Lars Only was dog shit. Fucking up everything he tried. I never want to see think fucker again in my life. Kenny King cut a decent promo afterwards and had all the fans on his side. I like this King lad.

-Austin Aries and Kenny King BIG HUG backstage. Looked like a passing of the torch. So it looks like he’s the favourite.

-Storm had a really good match with Hardy, which Hardy won clean with the Twist of Fate. I’m glad Storm lost, because it opens the tournament up somewhat. Hardy is now in the Champions League position. What was telling was that Storm is the one they are booking at the big babyface and the next man in the promotion. Yet Hardy had 100% of the audience. When Hardy’s offense was cut off Storm was booed. Hardy chants throughout. And that’s in the Impact Zone, so fuck knows what it would be like if they did this match in a real building. I wonder if Storm will still be the golden boy by the time October comes?

-They announced TNA is going to Phoenix, Arizona for Bound for Glory. The Ultimate Warrior lives there, so maybe he's behind the biker gang? Karma collects and all that? Next weeks letter might read "you wear hair extensions lol".

-Lastly, the man you all came to see, Hulk Hogan came down the aisle to get the TNA X Division title off Austin Aries. Instead Hulk was interrupted by Bobby Roode, who kept getting in his face. The second time he’s done this in the last few weeks. Aries arrived on the scene and cut a great promo. Hogan was grinning like a Cheshire cat all the with through. He seems to genuinely like Aries. Usually he tries to get him tashed face in camera shot, but he didn’t here. He let Aries have the floor. It ended with Aries hitting Roode with the belt and standing with both the TNA World and X Division title.

Final thoughts on it were that Aries was outstanding as a character and they are backing the wrong horse in James Storm. I’d rather see Aries as champion against AJ Styles or Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory than Storm vs. Roode. It also summed up my taste as a fan. They can slow the show down, they can push the young guys, they can make the X Division the focus of the show, but at the end of the day, my main thought at the end of this was "I wonder who the bikers sending playing cards to Hogan are?" And old crippled bloke feuding with a group of pretend bikers still gets me interested.

But yeah, decent episode though. Picked up in the second hour.

Archived