RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

Hey Len, here's a little tip from old Uncle Rave, and i'm not even going to ask for a donation for it: Go take all this apparent knowledge you have for wrestling, promote some profitable shows, and use this money to fund your little dream rather than asking others to foot the bill.

If this 'phase 2' is so good and going to make good profits, why would you share it? I'm starting to think you've spent too much time with Alex and have become a con man yourself.

**I now await a PM off Alex threatening me with legal action unless I remove my last statement.

I don't what I've ever done to you to deserve such venom from a fellow Welshman. What I'm doing is not a little dream and it will happen whether it gets funded on indiegogo or not. I was talked into going that route and thought I'd give it a try. As far as apparent wrestling knowledge is concerned, I've NEVER professed to be an expert and paid people to run the shows for me, which if you knew the history, you'd know that was the case. All I ever wanted to do was give British wrestlers a good stage to perform on and a market for their talent. Before you start calling someone a con man check the history, and I mean the REAL history. Find ONE PERSON on an RQW show that was unpaid. Ask the people who came to RQW House for free to watch pay per views, ask the wrestlers who I've given footage to for their reels FOR FREE, ask promotions like IPW:UK who used my entranceways and cameras FOR FREE for a very long time, and the FWA who I filmed and let edit their programming in my facility for nearly 2 years. Just setting the record straight, but I know you'll have the last word, but at least now you know the truth.

Delusional conman. Simple as. Your ramblings aren't exactly helping either.

Way to convince people to donate.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Len, here's a little tip from old Uncle Rave, and i'm not even going to ask for a donation for it: Go take all this apparent knowledge you have for wrestling, promote some profitable shows, and use this money to fund your little dream rather than asking others to foot the bill.

If this 'phase 2' is so good and going to make good profits, why would you share it? I'm starting to think you've spent too much time with Alex and have become a con man yourself.

**I now await a PM off Alex threatening me with legal action unless I remove my last statement.

I don't what I've ever done to you to deserve such venom from a fellow Welshman. What I'm doing is not a little dream and it will happen whether it gets funded on indiegogo or not. I was talked into going that route and thought I'd give it a try. As far as apparent wrestling knowledge is concerned, I've NEVER professed to be an expert and paid people to run the shows for me, which if you knew the history, you'd know that was the case. All I ever wanted to do was give British wrestlers a good stage to perform on and a market for their talent. Before you start calling someone a con man check the history, and I mean the REAL history. Find ONE PERSON on an RQW show that was unpaid. Ask the people who came to RQW House for free to watch pay per views, ask the wrestlers who I've given footage to for their reels FOR FREE, ask promotions like IPW:UK who used my entranceways and cameras FOR FREE for a very long time, and the FWA who I filmed and let edit their programming in my facility for nearly 2 years. Just setting the record straight, but I know you'll have the last word, but at least now you know the truth.

Do you know what my true issue is? It's the fact that there's only really one reason i'm on this forum, and that's because i'm a fan. Now I can admit that, unlike a lot of others involved in wrestling. And a lot of people tell me I shouldn't post on this forum because it makes me look like a 'punter', well sorry to upset, but deep down I am a punter, that's why I got involved in the business. So the reason I tend to respond to threads like this with such 'venom' is because as a fan i'm sick to death of every few months, some muppet from BWC, or FWA, or RQW etc coming on here, with a stupid plan to make British wrestling huge again, or to make people rich from it, and telling everyone how great they are and what they've done for British Wrestling. It started off as being laughable, but now its just downright annoying.

As for you Len, I don't know you and you maybe a lovely guy. But why don't you just do it on your own? Why leave yourself open to abuse? People will abuse you because they'll sit there and think "What has Len done to actually deserve our money?". The problem with the BWC cronies etc is that they're all full of hot air, and people see through it. You all promise stuff and it never really comes to fruition does it? And when it fails, these people will leave wrestling for a year or two, fail in the real world too, then come back to try and build their ego up with some new masterplan, and guess what, it will fail again.

Now I don't get much abuse on this forum thankfully, and it's not because I kiss arse or anything. It's probably because I don't come on here promising to change the landscape of British wrestling, I don't insult peoples intelligence. I just get on with my business, and i'm honest about it. That's what half of these BWC idiots need to do, because it's actually them who are making the business a joke. Think about Len, you come on here and say "enjoy ripping this apart, I know you have nothing better to do with your lives"....yet your life is so exciting that you made a youtube video of yourself that probably took a few hours!!! And it's not just you who does silly shit like that. Come on, look at these FWA videos where Alex is talking about the FWA etc for fuck sake, its a joke! I laugh every time. What goes through your minds?! It's like me waking up, looking in the mirror and saying "Right, today i'm going to make a youtube video about my security firm, and how i'm good for British security and how those bastards G4S are killing it". In the context of the real world, its pathetic! I have a 4 year old daughter, and i'd be embarrassed if in a few years time she typed my name in youtube, and up popped some silly video of me talking about taking over British wrestling. Please, the lot of you, have a word with yourself.

I probably sound like a broken record as I always say this, but please just treat wrestling as the business that it is. I don't give a damn about the BWC, I don't give a damn about Alex, I don't give a damn about the FWA etc All I care about is running good, entertaining profitable wrestling shows. Because at the end of the day, that's actually the way to make British wrestling better. So get off your arse and do something about your dreams instead of begging for money. The best donations for your business are the ones off real fans paying to see your product.

• Paid Members
I get the feeling the majority of this forum were never really his target market in terms of investment.

Having only met Len a couple of times (through mutual Wrestling friends) He always came across as a stand up guy and no where near as delusional as your Alex Shane's of this world. His passion for the UK scene is enlightening and its a shame he has been ripped apart. I hope he can find the help he needs.

Ok i am putting myself in the firing line here but here go. I have known Len for a few years now and he is a man with his heart in the right place, who has been ripped off over the years by people whose interest is not in wrestling but a fast buck and did not realise how much the man was being ripped till i took over the booking for his last few shows and cut his budget by four figures a show. Len is an honest fellah, when my wife had a serious knee injury on his show, he paid her a good monthly allowance till she was back wrestling, i cant think of any other promoter who would have done that. I know everyone got paid more than enough for working for Len, his problem is not being dishonest but loyalty to the wrong people and being naive. As for his new business venture i dont pretend to know how it works but raising money that way is common in the states. As for his move to the States i hear his career is going ok and got good reviews for a play he was just in, i wish him luck anyone he has the courage to sell up and give it a go i admire.

• Paid Members

I always got the impression that Len's heart was in the right place, but I'm not that sure that his head was. The whole RQW thing just seemed like such a Quixotic venture, especially the RQW branded shows.

I always backed up my words.

Well now, let's not go too far. It was a running joke for a while there that "something huge" was always just around the corner, and it invariably turned out to be rumors of sales to Albania, or some such country, or late-night coverage on some German channel. It's such a shame, as the amount of money that it seems was thrown around could really have had a major benefit.

I think that's the problem. People have heard the whole 'next big thing' rhetoric time and time again, it's all gone a bit 'boy who cried wolf'.

Whereas those promotions generally getting on with it and running a quality circuit of profitable shows don't get half the press, as, by and large, they steer clear of these endeavours.

Not to sound mean or rude because I'm honestly not trying to, I hope it works for you and all however you keep banging out about all the FREE stuff you have done, giving equipment, showing PPVs, etc. The fact of the matter is whilst it's very nice and kind hearted of you, it's a stupid business model. If you would've charged all them freebies you gave out then you'd probably have the money you need now.

:laugh: That's the worst, most bizarre thing I've ever seen I think. how the eff did you find that?

That face, that hair, the terrible accent - I might give him money now!

EDIT- MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX9MUn7wFEQ...;feature=relmfu

Give this man an oscar!! ...and 6 grand...in reverse order.

I always got the impression that Len's heart was in the right place, but I'm not that sure that his head was. The whole RQW thing just seemed like such a Quixotic venture, especially the RQW branded shows.

I always backed up my words.

Well now, let's not go too far. It was a running joke for a while there that "something huge" was always just around the corner, and it invariably turned out to be rumors of sales to Albania, or some such country, or late-night coverage on some German channel. It's such a shame, as the amount of money that it seems was thrown around could really have had a major benefit.

Couldn't agree more. The money spent, the belts have been mentioned, camera equipment, entrance way, RQW house was advertised as rings, sleeping facilties, editing suite, covering Mutas costs even says in the 1PW book Len picked him up in a stretch limo. How many thousands is that.Six thousand is fuck all to what Len must of lost and for him to come cap in hand after the amount of money he was throwing around, is sad. The money spent says Len loves British wrestling and wants it to suceed. His defence is he did a lot for others in the industry for free and never ripped anyone off, but the truth is they saw you coming. And now you are looking for a Len Davies(as long as he doesn't want to present). Vicious circle Gauntley got ripped of in the beginning. Alex Shane talks about being ripped off and used by Baker in the beginning. All that money gone and very little achievement put anyone offfrom investing serously in Britwres. Poor Len hope he finds his Len Davies.

Archived