• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show in a week and it's all gone quiet..... Hope this show isn't cancelled as Devitt/Banks and Gibson/Bailey definitely have my attention.

What's parking like?

Our apologies for the lack of updates online recently, both of us have had a stupidly busy schedule recently and so our main focus has been local advertising. The rest of the card will be announced either tomorrow or monday.

Parking is free in the streets after 6pm, other than that there are a number of multi-stories but with doors being at 6 and show start at 7 most drivers just use the street around the venue for parking.

Hope the card drops tonight! I have a feeling this could be Infinites' best show yet. The obvious MOTN is Banks-Devitt which should be nothing short of a classic if it's given the time to develop into what it should do. It's nice to see Banks get this match over the usual suspects and he's more than capable of keeping up with a machine like Devitt.

Having said that, Bailey-Diamond could well take the MOTN honours. They absolutely kicked the shit out of each other the last time and with a Street Fight gimmick added, who knows how crazy it'll get

The long awaited in ring debut of the Council's loudmouth leader Michael 'Lovejoy' Fitzgerald!

942289_500140220076534_1107501461_n.jpg

Non-stop action 3 team tag! New teams looking to impress!

943178_500140173409872_1423030045_n.jpg

British Wrestling Premier League

4th place London face 6th place Cardiff!

944245_500139770076579_1037264920_n.jpg

And more on the night!

any further up dates guys ?

come Infinite , we are waiting !!!!

cheers

The full announced card ahead of tomorrow's event is as follows:

Infinite Heavyweight Title Match

'The Juice' CJ Banks © vs. Prince Devitt

Renshaw Street Fight

Sam Bailey vs. Zack Gibson

Rampage Brown vs. Timm Wylie

Council vs. Blackpool Blondes vs. Indy 500

Michael Fitzgerald vs. Marc Morgan

Dylan Roberts vs. Damian Dunne

Infinite Promotions always offer a few surprises for our loyal customers but to find out what they are you'll have to join us for what we promise will be a fantastic night topped by a mouth watering main event!

Should be fun! It's my first Infinite show, it's good to get out and about and see shows elsewhere at last. This is my 2nd out of the comfort zone of PCW in as many months :)

Going by Facebook, someone who shall remain nameless is fighting someone else who remains nameless in a 'Scouse Street Fight' in Liverpool. Assuming there are no other shows in the area tonight then, should be a good laugh. Spoilers incase anyone really wants to know. SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

T-Bone vs Mad Man Manson

Well, the spoilers were clearly for a different show. What we did get was a belting Renshaw Street Fight. Sam Bailey is glorious as a heel, and a great main. Surprise of the night was Bubblegum returning to aid Prince Devitt after CJ lost via DQ. Sets up a cage match for the next show. August 9th

Quick results:

Indy 500 def Blondes and The council (Cyanide replaced Evans)- This opener never really got going, something didnt gel. Having the world's slowest ref didnt help either. Cyanide battered one of the Indy 500 guys for large parts of this, only for the Indy 500 to eventually get the win with a double 450 splash. Felt very ROH as a finish, but looked good.

Roberts def Dunne- The crowd were completely dead for most of this,which was a shame as it was a pretty decent match all told. My first British rules match in the flesh. Not entirely sure what the point of the managers were when they did naff all for it and then went back to the audience after the match.

Mike Fitzgerald def Marc Morgan with Evans as special ref- Urgh, Morgan gets squashed again ( after last seeing him squashed at HXC) by Dan Evans and Mike Fitzgerald in a match that basically further establishes The Council as the heel group of Infinite.

Gibson def Bailey- Cracking match that went all over the done. Some nasty looking bumps through some nicely 'exploding' tables. Gibson, went through the edge rather than the middle of one and Bailey took a nasty looking bump through a much harder looking (metal base!) announcer table towards the end.

Wylie def Rampage- This was the first time I've seen Wylie, he reminds me of Perry Saturn, without the face tattoo's This was pretty much an All Star style match, which the crowd weren't all that into. At the end of the match, the council interfered again ( third time, it was getting dull!), trying to end the career of Wylie, as they had done to The Hammer and the Baby Face Pitbull. Out came Cyanide to help Rampage Brown batter Wylie, only for the Babyface Pitbull to make his return for the save. This set up a Wylie/Pitbull vs Cyanide/Council tag at the next show.

Danny Hope def Alex Kidd- Total squash. it was odd seeing Danny Hope as a face. Alex Kidd is being pushed as the next Robbie X/Noam Dar or at least was being put over as such by the announcer hinting that there was more to come from him on future shows. There was absolutely no love for our Paper Scissors Stone/ Jan-ken chants, for Alex Kidd :(

Devitt def CJ Banks via DQ- Good match, back and forth between the two. I wasn't overly impressed by Devitt in the flesh. I can see why he gets the rep, but haven't seen enough of him to judge whether that was an offday or normal or what. to be fair. Can anyone tell me or link me to what I'm not getting? Seeing CJ unleashed and actually wrestle was good, as opposed to the 'near jobber' status he has in PCW. He got the DQ for braining Devitt with the boxing style Infinite Pro Belt. After the match the Juice continued the beat down with the belt only for Bubblegum's music (not Dizzy Rascal, A remixed Alright by Supergrass I think) and come in with a chair and make the save. Great to see him back and as a face, He confirmed that wasnt far away from being fit and then proceeded to say that he had returned to challenge CJ for the title at the next show in a steel cage match, which should be tasty!

Other thoughts:-

- Infinite really needs to sort out entrances for the crowd and promote it rather than a last minute addition to the poster on the front of the building. Ditto for queuing to get in. If you are going to split into pre purchases/ Pay on the Day. Make people aware.

- Is it really that hard to get a show to start on time?

- The Dome is a great venue, and Infinite have a nifty looking entrance. However there was a massive screen that could have had the logo of the promotion on as it's a decent logo. Failing that, a banner on the huge entrance way with the logo on, would add a touch of class to it.

- Less smoke for entrances, please. It's effect is is lessened by pretty much everyone using it. It may look great on DVD or something, but is overkill used all the time.

- Get rid of the mic under the ring. The venue's acoustics are good enough, and it's a small enough venue to hear what's going on without the need for things to be amplified. It doesn't hide when people are calling spots in matches all that well either. Totally unnecessary.

- The announcer/ owner really needs to introduce himself or at least have an introduction. He also needs to not start 'gabbing' outside of the ring and then get into the ring whilst doing it. Furthermore, stop introducing the music, and introduce the wrestler. Finally, no one gave a shit about the pronunciation of IWGP, it mean nothing to the majority of the crowd and as Devitt didn't have his belt with him, it was kinda of odd to keep mentioning it.

- The British matches need addressing. much of the crowd are still unsure of the rules or at least how to follow it and they were completely dead or otherwise engaged for the majority of the match. Shame as it was a good match, but just lost on the crowd in attendance.

Despite all this, I actually enjoyed the show, and am considering going back on August 9th. Some fine tuning would make the remarkable, astounding and it could be a really good addition to the NW scene as a promotion

I thought it was a great show, with that special atmosphere which is unique to Liverpool and especially to the Dome which is a fantastic venue.

I am delighted that the next show is on a Friday as Friday night always used to be wrestling night in Liverpool back in the Liverpool Stadium days.

Interesting to see Gypsy John Kenny in the crowd last night. I wonder what he thought as things have changed quite a bit since his days in Brian Dixon's rings.

I thought that Banks vs Devitt was an amazing match, and don't know how Devitt survived that flight over the barrier unscathed as he appeared to land in a very contorted position. Soon afterwards it seemed that CJ was lucky to escape a serious injury when he was sat on the blue chair near the barrier and Devitt flew across at him, forcing his head against the barrier. The in ring wrestling technique seen by both of them was well impressive.

I suppose the DQ finish or something similar was inevitable if Devitt was unlikely to return and defend the title had he won. We wouldn't want another situation like Future Shock had with Davey Richards.

Many thanks to all involved in a great show

Quick results:

Indy 500 def Blondes and The council (Cyanide replaced Evans)- This opener never really got going, something didnt gel. Having the world's slowest ref didnt help either. Cyanide battered one of the Indy 500 guys for large parts of this, only for the Indy 500 to eventually get the win with a double 450 splash. Felt very ROH as a finish, but looked good.

Roberts def Dunne- The crowd were completely dead for most of this,which was a shame as it was a pretty decent match all told. My first British rules match in the flesh. Not entirely sure what the point of the managers were when they did naff all for it and then went back to the audience after the match.

Mike Fitzgerald def Marc Morgan with Evans as special ref- Urgh, Morgan gets squashed again ( after last seeing him squashed at HXC) by Dan Evans and Mike Fitzgerald in a match that basically further establishes The Council as the heel group of Infinite.

Gibson def Bailey- Cracking match that went all over the done. Some nasty looking bumps through some nicely 'exploding' tables. Gibson, went through the edge rather than the middle of one and Bailey took a nasty looking bump through a much harder looking (metal base!) announcer table towards the end.

Wylie def Rampage- This was the first time I've seen Wylie, he reminds me of Perry Saturn, without the face tattoo's This was pretty much an All Star style match, which the crowd weren't all that into. At the end of the match, the council interfered again ( third time, it was getting dull!), trying to end the career of Wylie, as they had done to The Hammer and the Baby Face Pitbull. Out came Cyanide to help Rampage Brown batter Wylie, only for the Babyface Pitbull to make his return for the save. This set up a Wylie/Pitbull vs Cyanide/Council tag at the next show.

Danny Hope def Alex Kidd- Total squash. it was odd seeing Danny Hope as a face. Alex Kidd is being pushed as the next Robbie X/Noam Dar or at least was being put over as such by the announcer hinting that there was more to come from him on future shows. There was absolutely no love for our Paper Scissors Stone/ Jan-ken chants, for Alex Kidd :(

Devitt def CJ Banks via DQ- Good match, back and forth between the two. I wasn't overly impressed by Devitt in the flesh. I can see why he gets the rep, but haven't seen enough of him to judge whether that was an offday or normal or what. to be fair. Can anyone tell me or link me to what I'm not getting? Seeing CJ unleashed and actually wrestle was good, as opposed to the 'near jobber' status he has in PCW. He got the DQ for braining Devitt with the boxing style Infinite Pro Belt. After the match the Juice continued the beat down with the belt only for Bubblegum's music (not Dizzy Rascal, A remixed Alright by Supergrass I think) and come in with a chair and make the save. Great to see him back and as a face, He confirmed that wasnt far away from being fit and then proceeded to say that he had returned to challenge CJ for the title at the next show in a steel cage match, which should be tasty!

Other thoughts:-

- Infinite really needs to sort out entrances for the crowd and promote it rather than a last minute addition to the poster on the front of the building. Ditto for queuing to get in. If you are going to split into pre purchases/ Pay on the Day. Make people aware.

- Is it really that hard to get a show to start on time?

- The Dome is a great venue, and Infinite have a nifty looking entrance. However there was a massive screen that could have had the logo of the promotion on as it's a decent logo. Failing that, a banner on the huge entrance way with the logo on, would add a touch of class to it.

- Less smoke for entrances, please. It's effect is is lessened by pretty much everyone using it. It may look great on DVD or something, but is overkill used all the time.

- Get rid of the mic under the ring. The venue's acoustics are good enough, and it's a small enough venue to hear what's going on without the need for things to be amplified. It doesn't hide when people are calling spots in matches all that well either. Totally unnecessary.

- The announcer/ owner really needs to introduce himself or at least have an introduction. He also needs to not start 'gabbing' outside of the ring and then get into the ring whilst doing it. Furthermore, stop introducing the music, and introduce the wrestler. Finally, no one gave a shit about the pronunciation of IWGP, it mean nothing to the majority of the crowd and as Devitt didn't have his belt with him, it was kinda of odd to keep mentioning it.

- The British matches need addressing. much of the crowd are still unsure of the rules or at least how to follow it and they were completely dead or otherwise engaged for the majority of the match. Shame as it was a good match, but just lost on the crowd in attendance.

Despite all this, I actually enjoyed the show, and am considering going back on August 9th. Some fine tuning would make the remarkable, astounding and it could be a really good addition to the NW scene as a promotion

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate all feedback good and bad, it will only help us moving forward.

Glad you enjoyed the show on the whole though and hopefully our card for August 9th will be enough to bring you back.

I thought it was a great show, with that special atmosphere which is unique to Liverpool and especially to the Dome which is a fantastic venue.

I am delighted that the next show is on a Friday as Friday night always used to be wrestling night in Liverpool back in the Liverpool Stadium days.

Interesting to see Gypsy John Kenny in the crowd last night. I wonder what he thought as things have changed quite a bit since his days in Brian Dixon's rings.

I thought that Banks vs Devitt was an amazing match, and don't know how Devitt survived that flight over the barrier unscathed as he appeared to land in a very contorted position. Soon afterwards it seemed that CJ was lucky to escape a serious injury when he was sat on the blue chair near the barrier and Devitt flew across at him, forcing his head against the barrier. The in ring wrestling technique seen by both of them was well impressive.

I suppose the DQ finish or something similar was inevitable if Devitt was unlikely to return and defend the title had he won. We wouldn't want another situation like Future Shock had with Davey Richards.

Many thanks to all involved in a great show

Happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Devitt gave a lot of compliments to the show, the crowd and Juice, hopefully you will see him in an Infinite ring again in the future.

John Kenny is a regular guest at Infinite and often comes backstage to talk to the lads, he had a lot of praise for the show and talent.

Roll on August 9th!

Thanks for the comments, we appreciate all feedback good and bad, it will only help us moving forward.

Glad you enjoyed the show on the whole though and hopefully our card for August 9th will be enough to bring you back.

Depending on dosh/trains, I should be back! That last train is a doozy for not being on time, running, BRS or whatever thing they want to change it to this week ;). The central location's great as is the venue itself. The cage match should be a corker, and Ligs was announced as well iirc, which is another reason to attend, ARRRIBA!

As I said above, the little things ironed out would have made it 'above and beyond'. Infinite has potential and is clearly growing; that can only be good, right? I had a chat with some people who hadn't attended since show one, but had gone again mainly for Devitt. They were pretty much unanimous as to how much it had improved since show one. So keep at it!

Archived