• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a fucking brilliant show, highlights were chuck taylor, the models and the main event was ace.

Glad you enjoyed your first time with us, really happy to have you there :)

That was the best show that Infinite Promotions have done to date. The booking was terrific and really stepped up a notch from the previous shows. Some great angles and action, and the hard push for the May 11th return date (a return date after just 2 months - yay!) was excellent.

Sam Bailey is a terrific heel. What an obnoxious little git he truly is! :p His Manc-loving persona is just a perfect heat-magnet for the Infinite fans. Screwing Gibson out of the title was just perfect booking, when you think back to how Gibson had defeated Bailey for the title shot back in December. He's the perfect opponent for the proud Scouser in Gibson. Loved Bailey's mic work (by the way, well done on getting a better sound system - seriously, every word was audible this show, which it hasn't always been in the past), and loved Gibson's passionate response, calling him a 'Manc nobhead' and a 'little gimp'! :laugh: The Renshaw Street-fight match, as the main event for the next show on May 11th was extremely well set up.

El Ligero vs Chuck Taylor was so awesome. I'd seen Chuck Taylor wrestle live before in a 6-man tag and knew he was great, and he was even more so here in a singles. Taylor has so much charisma and is so funny. The spots where he was the indignant heel, trying to copy El Ligero's babyface sucking up were hilarious, especially when he went into the crowd. His constant screams during high spots, his wacky facials... and the match itself was pretty damn good too. He got a standing ovation after the match and loud 'Please come back' chants, which says it all.

I can't believe I'm about to say this... I may have turned the corner on the Council. After previously disliking the gimmick, the attack and beatdown of Pitbull, followed by the Cyanide run-in, and the Michael Fitzgerald promo about retiring Shaun Hammer Davis and how they'll now do the same to Pitbull was great.

Josh Bodom vs Noam Dar was a good match. I was surprised to see Dar lose. LA Austin looked good in the 4-way win.

It's a shame the entrances for the Hangovers vs Models match were screwed up. The Models were ridiculously over as babyfaces, despite being cowardly, comedic heels, mainly because they are so damn entertaining and have a great act. I'm not sure they can be heels much longer at this rate. I felt sorry for the Hangovers, as they were the faces, but they weren't really getting the desired reaction. Sean Maxer (the guy with the long hair I think) looked impressive, especially with the 450 splash near the end of the match. Just a suggestion, but it might be time to introduce Infinite Promotions Tag Team titles, that the Models (and maybe Project Ego) could contest.

The coolest thing was the size of the crowd. I don't know what the official figure was and I'd be interested to know, because it seemed a lot more than December's show and perhaps the biggest attendance to date. I'd like to think that's due to word of mouth spreading about the quality of the shows. It bodes very well for the next show, as the general mood of everyone leaving seemed to me to be that they'd seen a very good card of action. People were chanting, 'Infinite, Infinite' for the first time at the end, which I know probably means little or nothing, but it could also be a slight indication that a following is being gained.

Main event of the next show is Zack Gibson vs Sam Bailey in a Renshaw Street-fight. CJ Banks needs a new title challenger - how about Josh Bodom or LA Austin, or maybe a rematch with El Ligero? Or maybe someone new might be the way to go - how about Zack Sabre Jr if you could get him? Looks like Pitbull vs Cyanide, or perhaps another Council member (Dan Evans?). I could also see Pitbull vs Cyanide & Mike Fitzgerald in a 1-on-2 handicap match. I'm sure the card will be good though. That's 4 straight shows in a row that have been very enjoyable. Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for the comments, love reading reviews like this, especially when they're positive :p We're very pleased with how this show turned out, in every way we think this was our most succesful to date! An official attendance figure will be difficult as we sold out of our tickets so cannot count stubs. We're going to try to figure out how many there were but we're estimating by how many tickets we had and how many seats were available that we had about 300 give or take a few.

We pride ourselves on logical booking, with wins and loses counting towards progression up and down the card, and trying our very best to prevent any lose ends. Keep an eye out on our announcements, the logical thinking process in your predictions means you may have guessed some of the matches for our return on May 11th!

I know there were issues with the first show but are any of these shows going to make it to dvd?

As mentioned by another poster our second show 'A Hard Day's Fight' was available on DVD on Saturday, we ran off a decent ammount of copies and they sold out very quickly. More are being produced as we speak, we'll be sorting out an online shop in the week. Our 3rd show 'A Christmas Quarrel' will be available soon!

Bodom vs. Banks for the title surely, they've had some smashing matches in the past

A very logical suggestion, hopefully you won't be disappointed :)

• 2 weeks later...

575898_482553138501909_1091291553_n.jpg

Infinite Promotions is a UK wrestling company created by UK wrestlers. Our mission is to provide quality live events for the public and UK

wrestling community, whilst simultaneously creating a workplace where UK wrestlers can earn the money that they deserve.

the-new-look-central-hall-127432959.jpg

Huge Main Event! Renshaw Street Fight! 'Manchester's Own' Sam Bailey vs. 'Liverpool's #01' Zack Gibson!

[Graphic and Writeup coming soon]

Infinite Promotions presents 'Renshaw Street Fight!'

May 11th 2013

Live from:

The Dome - Grand Central Hall

Renshaw Street

Liverpool

L1 2SF

Doors: 6.00pm | Bell: 7.00pm

For tickets and ticket prices, further information on the show, Infinite Promotions, The British Wrestling Premier League and more, consult our social media.

Facebook.com/InfinitePromotions

Twitter.com/Infinite_Promo

Youtube.com/InfinitePromotionsUK

*Card subject to change

Cannot wait for this. The Street Fight is going to be amazing :)

Neither can we, we know the match won't dissapoint!

Can you book chuck taylor again?

We'd love to have Chuck back with us at some point, but for now hopefully you can enjoy our next announcement ...

Infinite Promotions is proud to announce that joining us Renshaw Street Fight on the 11th May in Liverpool is none other than the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt!

17788_484272514996638_1876228321_n.jpg

Tickets are selling very quickly! Get yours now at www.infinitepromotions.co.uk

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic announcement. :thumbsup:

Chuck was great, but Devitt takes the star power to a whole new level. What a coup, this guy is a real global star with a massive future ahead of him. The obvious next question is.. who's his opponent?

I'd suggest Josh Bodom, but he seems bound for CJ Banks. So... Noam Dar? I know that Dar wrestled some very good bouts against Masaaki Mochizuki, Jimmy Susumu and YAMATO on the Dragon Gate shows last month. El Ligero would be a good choice too.

Whoever it is (and I trust you guys will get it right, because you usually do based on the shows so far) hopefully Devitt gets an opponent who can keep up with him.

Hell of a booking though. I was looking forward to the next show, but I really can't wait for it now.

Unfortunately I had to miss the last couple of shows as I was already going to the big Southside and 4FW events. Me and my friends would have all come to Infinity if we weren't there so I'm made up this show doesn't clash with anything else this time. I really loved the second show and am looking forward to seeing the progress made since.

Devitt is an epic announcement, my first thought was him vs Zack Gibson as I don't think that's ever happened. But with the street fight Zack already has his hands full, Ligs and Dar would be good choices but both have already faced Devitt so I think Banks would be a good first time match. Banks is the champ and doesn't get the chance to face many imports so he'd be my choice.

Thanks for the question :) The only news we have is that plans are on-going. The delay stems from the fact that we want to present Wrestling in Warrington on a par with how we present it in Liverpool. We're currently working out the best way to ensure that. We don't want to put on a half-cocked, second rate show. Speaking personally, I am very committed to putting wrestling on in the town as I was born there and my Mother's family is from there. My Grandfather was born in Bennett Avenue, just round the corner from where WA1 were promoting at Alford Hall.

Thanks for your interest, support and continued patience. Will you be joining us in Liverpool?

Best,

Ciar

Thanks for the reply much apperiated me and my dad shud be going to ur next event as ive bugged him eneough to take me as ive heard some great reviews of ur company and if not i guarentee il be at every warrington event u do and one match id love to see is la austin vs el ligero :D

Archived