WWE Raw - 05/21/12 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Forrest

Not a whole lot to say about Raw really.It was okay but nothing great.

It was nice to see Cena angry for a change.Shuts up those that are always moaning about Cena always grinning despite losing or being beaten up.

Del Rio Vs Otrton was decent for what it was.I was disappointed that that Del Rio didn't twat Santino.Hopefully that's coming.

Reks and Hawkins making an appearance on the show was great.Let's hope that this leads to them being on the show more often.

The main event was decent even if Tensai and Swagger were involved.Tensai appears to have been caught up in the whole cash for honours scandal as he's no longer a Lord.Bit odd.

The sight of Johnny in a mobility scooter was one of the greatest things that my eyes have ever seen.Heels in wheelchairs may be funny but this was funnier still.

I actually didn't pick up on the whole Big Show being rehired on a Saturday thing when I was watching the show.Put that down to being tired whilst watching it.WWE.com have put up a video explaining Big Johnny's gaffe,which is just bascially just a video of what Cole said later on in the show.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/john-laurinaitis...ve-may-26024481

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad Raw. Very boring. Big Show for his part did alright with his promo. The punch at the end was ludicrous. Why did they feel the need to add a sound effect? I'm all for Wrestlecrap, but I couldn't even bring myself to laugh at that.

I'm done with Raw for a while. There was almost nothing I enjoyed on last night's show - it was dull. I'll follow what's going on through the observer newsletter, check out anything good moments when they pop up on you tube, and watch the PPVs that look like they will deliver but 3 hours of Raw rubbish to fast forward to is far too much.

I actually didn't pick up on the whole Big Show being rehired on a Saturday thing when I was watching the show.Put that down to being tired whilst watching it.WWE.com have put up a video explaining Big Johnny's gaffe,which is just bascially just a video of what Cole said later on in the show.

The guy responsible for getting the heat on the main angle in the company right now shouldnt be making those cock ups. It was integral to the whole stipualtion and he fucked it up. I love his performances as the obnoxious weasel boss but those consistent cock ups are inexcusable. Cole shouldnt have to cover for him.

The guy responsible for getting the heat on the main angle in the company right now shouldnt be making those cock ups. It was integral to the whole stipualtion and he fucked it up. I love his performances as the obnoxious weasel boss but those consistent cock ups are inexcusable. Cole shouldnt have to cover for him.

According to Meltzer, JL said what was in the script. Then some people on twitter went nuts about the plot holes and WWE had to correct themselves on the show. Something about Dave knowing that the word 'hired' was scripted.

If this thread is only at 2 pages at this time on a Tuesday, you really do know it's been a shit Raw. I was loving WWE's direction not too long ago and yet it seems to just be back to what turned me off in the first place, the shiteness.

• Paid Members
If this thread is only at 2 pages at this time on a Tuesday, you really do know it's been a shit Raw. I was loving WWE's direction not too long ago and yet it seems to just be back to what turned me off in the first place, the shiteness.

I was just about to say that the lack of action in this thread pretty much reflects the lack of any interesting developments on the show this week. I guess this post-Mania lull was to be expected though. We knew that The Rock wasn't sticking around and that Lesnar is on a limited date contract, so the roster's lack of star power is horribly exposed at the moment. It wasn't a terrible episode or anything, there's just very little to get excited about.

Wish Big Johnny was selling the leg more and was stuck in that mobility scooter thing. They could have a lot of fun with that.

Really nothing else I can be arsed to discuss from last night. Sad state of affairs.

When the big stars are out, everyone on Raw benefits from their reflected glory. With no Lesnar, no Rock, it's just the John Cena show.

That's because it does.

Every episode you've got Hogan, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Mr Anderson, Ric Flair, hell Bully Ray, all of whom are big, recognisable names from WWE's glory days. You've also got younger stars who actually come across as stars, and are competitive against those guys, like Styles, Roode, Storm, Joe etc.

That's a much more star studded cast than Raw, where you just feel you've seen everything possible from Kane, Big Show, Jericho. John Cena is feuding with a guy who's not stepped into a wrestling ring for over a decade, for Christ's sake. Punk and Bryan feel less important than Roode and Storm.

• Paid Members

Aye, the reason I typed "feels like it" is because despite the perceived star power, TNA still doesn't draw anything of any great significance (bar that 1.2 they've been stuck on before the likes of Hogan turned up).

WWE need to push new guys, but they seem to fumble/rush these things much more these days. Sheamus is a good example of that; even The Miz should be doing better (and I'm not a Miz fan).

I'd like to know what's the most Impact could conceivable draw in their timeslot on that network. I guess when Smackdown was on Spike it was getting in the, what, mid 2s? The fact that Spike are clearly very happy with Impact suggests they don't think it can really draw that much more than it currently does, barring the occasional spike to 1.5.

• Paid Members
I'd like to know what's the most Impact could conceivable draw in their timeslot on that network. I guess when Smackdown* was on Spike it was getting in the, what, mid 2s? The fact that Spike are clearly very happy with Impact suggests they don't think it can really draw that much more than it currently does, barring the occasional spike to 1.5.

I don't think that's true, at all. Spike wouldn't be pumping so much money into getting the likes of Hogan, moving the show outside the Impact Zone, taping live and changing the date/time slot if they don't think it can be bigger than it is. Despite all the investment in names, it still draws about the same as it was pre-Hogoff.

Also, TNA's other revenue streams are pretty weak (PPV/house shows etc).

*I thought Raw was the show on Spike?

That's a fair point. They clearly think it CAN be bigger, I'm just wondering how much bigger, what the end goal is. A 2.0?

EDIT: I should point out that I don't really care about ratings, more about how good the show is!

Archived