WWE Raw - 05/21/12 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Forrest

No Raw chat yet? Very strange, usually there's a thread discussing it beforehand, or at the very least the residebt insomniacs post something straight after it finishes. Was it really that non-eventful that no-one can be arsed to pist about it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was a good show, much better than last week's as it was good for the whole show rather just three of the bigger segments. Cena wasn't very good at all at first, terrible terrible acting, but he was much better when he was talking to Johnny Ace and his stable. The mobility scooter by the way, is gold. It has to stay :p Big Show was excellent on the mic, he really got into that promo. I think they had a good crowd for this as well, they were into Otunga and it made the little match fine. It was also good to see Young, O'Neal, Hawkins & Rekks on Raw as well, I always like to see fresh faces.

I usually can't stand Santino, but his little thing was Ricardo was harmless enough I guess. But if he is going to do his thing, don't keep the US Title on him! Orton/Del Rio was fine, and Jericho's involvement would have been alright as well if he wasn't still wearing leather trousers and doing the Best In The World stuff that has nothing to do with anything. Bryan/Kane was good, I liked how they carried over the chair stuff from Smackdown as well as it seems like something they would usually forget all about. I'm glad Christian is doing the frog splash now, no one has used it as a finisher in the WWE since RVD and Eddie have they? The match was alright, and was no where near as dull as his match with Cody Rhodes at Over The Limit.

I actually watched the divas match, but wished I hadn't of when it had finished. Kelly is just awful, it's mad to think she has been there for six years this summer and she still isn't capable of doing anything. The main event was really good, and the crowd were great throughout it. I was surprised to see Tensai, as I thought they'd given up on him. The ending with Cena getting knocked out actually made me jump as well, and it's made me look forward to the next show. I'm guessing Cena/Big Show will be in a cage and Bryan/Punk will be a submissions match at No Way Out.

I think we missed another backstage segment with Punk on Sky Sports, it's a C-O-N..SPIRACY! It was quite good, him and AJ where she was being all crazy and crying and then he hugs her and she stops crying immeadiately.

If Big Show was re-hired Saturday he should be fired. Mistakes like that really shouldn't be made and we shouldn't have to overlook them.

Not much else to say about Raw, Glad Cena was pissed off at the start, Sheamus looked better with a bit more fire. That's about it, we are certainly in the slump...

Oh and the punch looked good but Cena must be the tinman if his head sounds like that.

Wasn't a great episode by any means but was I disappointed when Reks and Hawkins weren't in the main event. Got my hopes up didn't I? Ahhh.. Fucking Swagger was.

On a some plus notes no Brodus Clay, Tensai is alright, Punk/Bryan feud looks interesting, Ace in the mobility scooter was brilliant and Christian looked brilliant both with the title and using the Frog Splash.

I hope Tyson Kidd does something on SmackDown this week

• Paid Members

Cena is so unobservant that he failed to notice a GIANT sneaking up on him.

Also, if Giant was rehired on Saturday, as said on the promo, then Big Show and Laurinitis should both be fired, no?

Reks and Hawkins! Yes. Its only a matter of time before Big Johnnys enforcers take the Tag Titles away from Kofi and R-Truth...I hope. Ha ha but anyway good to see them on TV and getting time and the crowd reacted well so good times.

I love big company wide storyline stuff, the big brawl at the end was pretty class too. Question and Answer Time with Daniel Bryan should become a weekly thing or a YouTube Show or something. I'm glad the feud seems to be continuing. The rest was a bit meh, I've got no interest in John Cena vs Big Show or Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton so not really looking forward to No Way out but hopefully I'm convinced in the next few weeks.

Ace just riding around on the scooter in the locker room area was hilarious too.

• Paid Members

Three hours of this shite is going to be a killer. Raw's not very good at all at the minute. There's no big attractions on it. Just a bunch of blokes doing things and more blokes doing things. In his new shoot interview Kevin Nash described the current WWE roster as looking like a "bunch of swimmers with prison tattoos". I couldn't get that out of my head watching this show.

Roll on SummerSlam. It usually picks up around then.

If Big Show was re-hired Saturday he should be fired. Mistakes like that really shouldn't be made and we shouldn't have to overlook them.

They realized there mistake halfway though the show an had Cole correct it on commentary when he said that Show agreed in principle on Saturday but didn

• Paid Members

They realized there mistake halfway though the show an had Cole correct it on commentary when he said that Show agreed in principle on Saturday but didn

Big Show's promo this week made sense and was well executed. Feuding with Cena could be one of his last chances to be in the legit main events at this time of his career and his promo convinced me that this match could be worthwhile, it should be an alright feud for a month anyway.

I think chucking Kane into the Bryan/Punk feud could be a good little touch actually, hopefully he stays involved with these two as I liked Kane and Punk's match on Smackdown plus it keeps Kane relevant and in good use. Also, Kane doing the damage to Punk could be a nice sneaky way to get the belt on Bryan.

The main event was better than I expected and I think all the guys involved turned it up a notch. I'm not sure if WWE think that Swagger and Ziggler are above tag team championship level or what though because they are treated as threats when they're against the main eventers but didn't get the straps off Kofi and Truth, ahh well. Swagger shown some personality this week too which was nice.

Also, the NXT/Superstars crew made an appearance, looks like they should all get a little more time with the new hour being introduced.

Debating whether to take a break from RAW for a couple of months until the Summerslam build starts because the show is just really boring at the minute. As daft as it can be at times, wrestling really shouldn't be so dull.

I just hope that they've got a plan in July when they go three hours because I fear a lot of people are gonna turn off if they don't do something different. Punk and Bryan are the only full time Superstars that I'm even bothered about watching at the minute.

Archived