Got deported from Australia

RancidPunx

The worst case scenario is that one day they ask you to go to Australia and you can't, so you get sacked. Might never even happen. Just stick at the job until then. If they don't give you a decent reference, just buy a pay as you go phone and create a new email address and use yourself in disguise as a reference for your next job.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd try and clear it up now on your own. See if you can get it sorted by yourself without the employer finding out. I can't imagine your first week will be jetting off to Oz anyway. But even if you can get it sorted and they find out it'll at least look better on you to show you tried to sort it out, rather than lie and not bother. You could just say you thought you'd get it sorted and it wouldn't be an issue. They might be pissed but they'd be more inclined to help if you were attempting to sort it out rather than doing nothing at all.

Anyway good luck sir, what kind of job is it anyway?

• Paid Members
The only thing I would suggest is trying to get it cleared up on your own. As soon as your company gets involved (probably via an immigration lawyer) you're busted mate.

Indeed. He'd better run, he'd better take cover.

• Paid Members
The only thing I would suggest is trying to get it cleared up on your own. As soon as your company gets involved (probably via an immigration lawyer) you're busted mate.

Indeed. He'd better run, he'd better take cover.

Or else he'll no longer be at work.

Archived