The Major problem with wrestling

quote the raven

• Paid Members

And Davey fucking Richards. The "best wrestler in the world" who in that EXACT spot showed the same level of knowledge of the important facets of believable pro wrestling as a thirteen year old does executing 360 moonbombs on his bestie on a trampoline in the back garden.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yes. You were right to do so. I watched their match at "Best In The World" which I thought was good, but far too long and overblown, and knew the rematch would be more of the same. Actually, I've not watched any ROH at all since that show, because "too long and overblown" had long become their byword.

And Davey fucking Richards. The "best wrestler in the world" who in that EXACT spot showed the same level of knowledge of the important facets of believable pro wrestling as a thirteen year old does executing 360 moonbombs on his bestie on a trampoline in the back garden.

I'm actually thinking of going down to a show in Preston to ABUSE that guy. Hate is growing against him BIG time.

• Paid Members
2poyw6u.gif

"The irresistable force meets the immovable object!".

Brilliant find Blackson. That is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Ian is the one that gets the credit for the GIF. I've yet to watch the match, he posted this in the ROH thread a while back and it is indeed fucking daft. What makes it even better/worse is it was in front of 20 bored fat blokes not reacting to a thing, never mind that spot. 40 minutes of Impact Zone level silence.

Even King Smark Meltzer thinks Richards is a bit average/shit.

All that first post needed was "Rant over" at the end and it would look like every other fucking post on every other wrestling forum.

If anything, this is a brilliant advert for the UKFF. Cliched shite like this sticks out like a sore thumb on here. Well done everybody for being interesting and original and almost making it offensive to read when a more generic post pops up.

Yes! This thread is absolute bollocks of the highest order. UKFF is the one forum where I can discuss without being subjected to the misery of smarks posting selfish threads about how they would book Rock vs. Cena or how the Streak should end or how WWE needs to end PG as if their opinions actually matter to anyone. Don't pollute this forum.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell! no idea you would all be so upset!

I didnt know you were all so touchy! I was only posting my views on the subject as i said in the first post i dont watch alot of wrestling anymore. I will watch the build up to and Maina itself. When i turn on after the best part of the year (cm punks angle aside) I was quite shocked to see them wheel the undertaker out after a year away to main event. Even more so that they think HHH and Taker are not enough they have to throw HBK in. I think they are probably building to HHH vs HBK vs Undertaker next year.

Dont get me wrong i cant wait for Rock vs Cena its been built right to the point i have no idea who is going to win or whats going to happen.

I really dont see a break out STAR from the current roster as far as ive seen. Thats a crying shame lets face it the Rock, taker HHH and HBK will all go back to semi retirement after Mania. When you look at what that leaves it does not make me carry on watching.

I dont know why that point of view makes you all so mad.

BTW thats the first time ive seen that GIF..........................Thats something else..............

2poyw6u.gif

"The irresistable force meets the immovable object!".

My word, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in any context, let alone in a wrestling show. Does that company claim to promote wrestling as a sport or not? I ask genuinely as I dont watch that shit, there are so many things wrong with that clip I dont know where to start

• Moderators
I was quite shocked to see them wheel the undertaker out after a year away to main event. Even more so that they think HHH and Taker are not enough they have to throw HBK in. I think they are probably building to HHH vs HBK vs Undertaker next year.

Despite the fact they've been doing that with Taker for the last few years, yeah?

I really dont see a break out STAR from the current roster as far as ive seen. Thats a crying shame lets face it the Rock, taker HHH and HBK will all go back to semi retirement after Mania. When you look at what that leaves it does not make me carry on watching.

There are new stars on the card so maybe one of them would win you over enough on the night to get you to tune in again... But you weren't going to keep watching anyway. At most you'll watch a RAW or two after Mania and then go back into hibernation for another year so what does it matter?

• Moderators

I look forward to seeing you all tell Ian how fucking stupid this post is, since it's basically expressing the exact same sentiment (i.e. no new stars):

Does newfangled technology not have a bearing on the low ratings for Raw these days? Personally, I think it's an indicator of the direction of the product just now as WrestleMania seems decent on paper but it is probably the least I've enjoyed the run-in since...well, ever.

That would make sense, if not for the fact streaming and new technology was around last year, and 1.4 million less people are watching it than 12 months ago. Nobody is judging current business on how it was in a different era. If people were comparing it to, say, 2002, fair enough. But people are judging it over the last 3 years. The fact is at the minute, the star quality is very low compared to the last few years. WWE used to have Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Batista, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio dipping in and out of main events. All of who, the people loved or hated, but at least bought into. At the minute, the stars just arent there to keep the audience interested for the full year.

WrestleMania will still do great business, but the bigger issue is the quality of stars they have at the minute. People watch to see the big name star performers. Kids want to buy Rey Mysterio masks, teenages want to wear those shite stockers on their arms and paint their face like Jeff Hardy, or buy DX glow sticks. The fact is, the business has always been about the stars. Its why Hogan, Austin and the Rock are above the likes of Bret, Shawn and Flair, even though talent wise during their prime years, they didnt touch those three. Post Mania, with Taker, HHH and Rock leaving again, WWE need to look at how should be making the step up. Either that or bring back some former names. And not Jericho and Foley.

Archived