4FW: Battle Britannia 2012 {TODAY}

4FWpromoter

When we confirmed the booking this match was always the plan, I really believe this could be one of the most exciting matches of 2012 even without 1 participant named, any ideas?

Will announce another Star and another match this week, this match will be absolutely class.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect Phoenix and Ali will be the faces of BritWres in a few years if their international exposure doesn't lead to them being signed up abroad sometime in the future.

I would hope for a 'heavier' wrestler to offer some competition against Shinzaki on Phoenix's side, but Eddie Ryan appears to already be busy with a Title defence and that match could be seen as too similar to the tag match in Feb. Therefore I think Larusso will partner Phoenix.

We have a couple of names in mind for the place, but may go on a scouting mission and find the very best possible partner for Owen Phoenix, would really like to have had Prince Devitt partner him.

I think we have a whole bunch of guys that could become the faces of British wrestling, once we announce all names go on the first page of this thread and look through the roster, you'll notice it is totally different to every other UK promotion and they are all in great shape, have really professional attire and with all the matches we have lined up it will showcase that all the talent can 'go' in the ring.

I'd like to think that rather than the faces of British wrestling, they'd be the faces of 4-Front Wrestling. Over-exposure kills drawing power, IMO. Make the fans travel to 4FW as it's one of the only places to see these talents.

I don't know about that. There are a lot more promotions willing to bring in talent from across the country in order to promote the strongest shows. 4FW have an incredible achievement already producing such stars like Phoenix, Ali, Ryan, Larusso, Saint, Knight, Dynamo, etc so you already know they're not a promotion using solely "their" guys as an expense thing. I've already got tickets for this show as their roster as well as the October show was all the nudge I needed when Shinzaki was announced, but the talent in Britain is at an all time high where I would love to see some "dream" matches take place up and down the country. I'm well behind the 4FW talent that have already begun taking bookings in IPW:UK and would love to see some co-operation between these two great promotions and Ali did a show in Cheshire(?) the other week that I unfortunately couldn't make it too.

4FW have already established themselves as a promotion to see with the talent they have produced, the international stars they have and are bringing in, as well as the relationships they have with several foreign promotions such as K-DOJO and Zero One and I am already massively looking forward as to what is to come in Jan with All Japan Pro Wrestling. So I don't think a talent lock is required at all, unless that's what the talent wishes.

the 4FW talent do work elsewhere, though it ismainly over the Summer season mainly becuse we rarely run events during the summer, they will be working for Allstar over the Summer, had a few guys work for all IPW:UK Summer season events last year and believe that will happen again this year. Some worked Premier Promotions, LDN and others to name a few.

We would never restrict them from working elsewhere we just advise them to be very wise when accepting bookings, and the 4FW team tend to organise the younger guys bookings to ensure things are dealt with in a professional manner.

Apologies for taking this topic off-tangent.

I would say if I was ever daft enough to decide to promote in my area (and had the cash.... That I'd unfortunately require to be willing to lose) then personally I would endeavour to only select the finest wrestlers currently plying their trade on these shores. And there are a fair few 4FW guys that I would have to procure in order to adhere to that ethos.

Kade Callous is a great talent but i'm sure you'll enjoy what we have lined up.

Tonight we will be announcing the Battle Britannia Rounds contest, as soon as we saw the talent that has been chosen to face Johnny Kidd last Month it was an easy choice to put him in this contest, this match has the potential to be a Technical classic. UK vs ????

Every contest on this card will be totally different as we aim once again to give everybody something, so far High Octane Tag Team contest, tonight will announce a Technical classic, much more to follow.

Archived