Infinite Promotions present 51st State of Emergency

• Paid Members

Your Mrs was sat on the ground floor, so of course it would look different from the balcony .hot of the photo's.

Good show from top to bottom. Only minor thing was the late start which meant late finish.. I'll be going to the next show though.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

belter show. the premier league matches were excellent, definitely caught on very well and added a totally different feel to the show as a whole.

gibson/morgan was the standout for me.

very good turnout and product for the first show.

so i ended up having to go nearly to liverpool as thanks to network rail they managed to miss the train home as they were informed it was bus replacement.......so after wating for bus they found out the train had gone......plus i know another person could not get there car from a car park as well.........they did add it was a very good show

so i ended up having to go nearly to liverpool as thanks to network rail they managed to miss the train home as they were informed it was bus replacement.......so after wating for bus they found out the train had gone......plus i know another person could not get there car from a car park as well.........they did add it was a very good show

Ouch! So I was kinda right earlier on in the thread about the trains then. I knew there would be a clusterfuck, bah! Hope everyone got home safe!

Whilst I didnt go. I've heard conflicting reports about this. Some say that the crowd was apathetic (spose it depends if you were upstairs or downstairs and the accoustics?) and that some of the wrestling was a bit sloppy.

On the other hand, plenty more of people have said that they really really enjoyed it, and that includes some of the wrestlers who were singing its praises on fb

I think it's a great concept and if they run Quiggins again and I have the dosh. I will deffo give it a go

I am genuinely amazed that anyone is saying the crowd were apathetic. That's not true at all, they were very vocal and into every single match in the card, right from the first match. The crowd was really hot all night and I think overall, the show can only be described as a big success (at least artistically anyway, I don't know about the financial side of things).

It was a really good show, with terrific action. Pretty much every match had a 'proper wrestler' in it; by that I mean someone who can actually wrestle and isn't an embarrassment or cringeworthy doing a bad copy of a WWE gimmick.

It was really well booked too. The Council heel trio, I could take or leave. The gimmick wasn't my cup of tea, but the set up for Hammer coming out to spear the Council leader during the main event was WWE-calibre production. When Hammer's music hit, and he came out in the entrance way, with the smoke swirling around him and the green lights flashing behind him, man, that was some good stuff right there!

Quick correction to an earlier post on the previous page, Hammer didn't actually wrestle. It was Dean MacManus who defeated L.A. Austin, Josh Bodom and Sean Daniels in the four way.

I don't know how feasible it is, but it would be awesome if they could run the venue again, and also quite regularly. I know Futureshock runs monthly shows in Stockport, and that GPW runs monthly shows in Wigan. It would be great if Infinite could start running Liverpool once a month, because it is a major city and has a real heritage of wrestling at the old Liverpool Stadium that got torn down. I think the crowd last night showed that there is something of a fanbase to build on. It would also be great for the wrestlers, to have another place they can perform. Everyone knows the more they wrestle, the better they will likely become.

Big thanks to Zack and Ciaran for putting on a great show, especially considering it was their first time as promoters.

I am genuinely amazed that anyone is saying the crowd were apathetic. That's not true at all, they were very vocal and into every single match in the card, right from the first match. The crowd was really hot all night and I think overall, the show can only be described as a big success (at least artistically anyway, I don't know about the financial side of things).

Well, different strokes for different folks and all that. I was just relaying some views ( I dont think they post on here) from elsewhere to provide a fuller picture ('pitcher', for all you hardcore PCW fans ;) ) if you will

As I counterbalanced, most others seemed to really really enjoy it. looks good, wrestling was good and seemed to be great. Seems top banana all, and said I will go if have cash. I would have gone this one (cash and transport aside), the whole thing looks impressive and the mix of styles really appeals. Be good to see what's out there after being spoilt rotten in P-Town, need moar live wrestling!

It was a really good show, with terrific action. Pretty much every match had a 'proper wrestler' in it; by that I mean someone who can actually wrestle and isn't an embarrassment or cringeworthy doing a bad copy of a WWE gimmick.

True. I thought the opener was going to fall apart because Pitbull looked a little shakey at first then that powerbomb attempt which im really shocked neither of them got hurt but Cyanide managed to save it. I've seen him a few times but I had no idea he could get up so high for that dropkick. I think it shocked most around me too.

Last night was the first time I've seen LA Austin too. Very impressive. Not what I was expecting when he first came out.

Last night was the first time I've seen LA Austin too. Very impressive. Not what I was expecting when he first came out.

Yeah, he had the worst mullet I have ever seen! :laugh:

Austin and Josh Bodom were really great high fliers.

Did you see the bit in the main event, when C.J. Banks got a bit carried away as a heel and knocked a full pint out of that big fan's hand who was taunting him? I thought for a couple of seconds that the fan was going to go after him.

I was really looking forward to lastnight and for the most part I enjoyed the show. I did have a few gripes though. Firstly on the subject of the crowd, I wouldn't call them "red hot" as there were matches were perople just weren't into it. The faces got pops for each win though just as the heels got a fair amount of boos for their schtick.

The sound system was terrible. I was sat second row and I couldn't make a word out that the ring announcer was saying for the most part (he too lacked in charisma.) For the less marky fans in attendance the rules of the Premier League would have sailed way over their heads as I certainly couldn't make out what was being said. Same goes for the council angle again I couldn't hear a word over the mic.

The main even was good but a little overbooked and by the end of the show despite having plans to go out into town for a big lash up we were drained so the night all fell a little flat. Still, there were plenty of positives to go at - Bailey and Ligs had a good match, both BPL matches were good - it was my first viewing of Rampage Brown and he impressed me! And the main even was also good as stated earlier. For a first show there is certainly a solid foundation to build on and as previous people have mentioned the venue was a good un for wrestling. I'd have said myself that there were approx 250 people in the ringside section and stood around the bar so depending how many people were upstairs you could hazard a guess at the show pulling in around 300. Very good effort all round!

Did you see the bit in the main event, when C.J. Banks got a bit carried away as a heel and knocked a full pint out of that big fan's hand who was taunting him? I thought for a couple of seconds that the fan was going to go after him.

See it? I was 2nd seat along from where the guy was standing I caught the tail end of the splash.

See it? I was 2nd seat along from where the guy was standing I caught the tail end of the splash.

Thank you to everyone who attended the show on Saturday, and thank you for all of your feedback and comments, everyone's opinion matters to us.

We believe that this show was a huge success, particularly as a debut show, both artistically and financial.

The official draw was 274, the decision to keep everyone in the bottom section was made to enhance the atmosphere and overall appearance of the show. In the future when our draw grows the balcony will be open. We understand that some people have commented on the venue looking different than the image used, but as mentioned by another ukff user, this is because you have viewed the venue from the bottom, when the balcony is open in the future we encourage you to head up there and take in the view, we promise that we do not false advertise.

To those of you wondering if we will be running the venue again, we can confirm that this will be a regular fixture in the UK Wrestling scene. We are currently sorting out the date for the return show, keep checking back for the announcement.

Official results:

Cyanide def. Babyfaced Pitbull

British Wrestling Premier League

Liverpool (Represented by Gibson) def. Stoke (Represented by Morgan) 2 falls to 0

The Council changed the 3 way to a 4 way for health and safety purposes, and announced that Hammer had been sent home due to elevated liver enzymes

Dean Macmanus def. LA Austin & Sean Daniels & Josh Bodom

El Ligero def. Sam Bailey

Project Ego def. The Models

British Wrestling Premier League

Wigan (Represented by Gallagher) def. London (Represented by Rampage Brown, signed on a temporary loan) 2 falls to 1

Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Title

'The Juice' CJ Banks def. Bubblegum

(Following interferences from the Council, Bodom, Daniels, LA Austin and the Hammer)

We would also like to take this time to address the late start and finish to show. This is something that we are very upset with, but following the events of the day we hope you can sympathise with us. We won't go into detail, but as we started out being honest with you, we want to continue that way.

- At 8am Saturday we recieved a call saying that our hired ring was no longer coming

- After struggling to find a replacement we finally recieved help from the BWP around midday, due to short notice the ring only arrived in time to be set up seconds before doors

- At 3pm Saturday we recieved a text saying that James Mason could not make it. Luckily we found a more than suitable replacement despite the short notice

- At 7:20pm Saturday our HD Camera crew and ring announcer (who came as a package) left without telling us due a dispute unrelated to the owners of the venue, the talent or the promoters of Infinite Promotions

With all this we tried our very best to still run to time and provide a quality show. We hope with this information you can understand our unfortunate overrun, however we promise that next time we will do everything in our power to prevent this mistake from happening again. Our feedback has been incredibly postive and encouraging and you will be happy to know that work has already begun on ironing out the creases for our return show.

If there are any further questions or anything that we have missed please don't hestitate to ask. Our social media will be updated along with League standings etc in the following day or so.

Thanks once again for your continued support

Zack.

Archived