Infinite Promotions present 51st State of Emergency

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been featured in 4 different local newspapers this week hype for '51st State of Emergency' continues to build. With Cj Banks, Bubblegum, Sam Bailey, El Ligero, Project Ego and The Models already confirmed to appear, it's now that Infinite Promotions would like to officially announce the involvement of one Shaun 'The Hammer' Davis.

Shaun 'The Hammer' Davis!

529138_307173379373220_255620371195188_555206_360424965_n.jpg

Standing 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighing in excess of 300lbs, the Lancashire Leviathan has blazed a trail in the past year, carving out a place for himself in the British wrestling scene with impressive showings in promotions up and down the country (most notably in North Wales' Britannia Wrestling Promotions, Stoke's British Wrestling Alliance, and Preston City Wrestling). Ever improving in the ring, and with an undeniable star presence, Shaun has been a breakout star over the last 12 months, and he now looks to make another lasting impression as a member of the Infinite Promotions roster.

Whilst Shaun has featured heavily in our promotional material for the show, Infinite Promotions management had hoped to hold off on announcing the Preston Powerhouse's involvement until match-makers had signed a contest for him. This task has proved more difficult than first envisaged. Though multiple avenues have been explored, as of yet a suitable opponent has not been found. Irrespective of this, however, Shaun Davis has sent word to Infinite Promotions management, and the web team, that he WILL be in attendance at '51st State of Emergency' and what's more... he's looking for trouble.

In no uncertain terms, Davis has stated that he will be getting his hands dirty on May 26th, and if a fight can't be found for him before then, he'll find one himself. Will anyone be brave (or foolish) enough to step into the ring with 'The Hammer'? Be there in May to find out.

Missed a few announcements here. Card looks good.

But it's a shame there will not be a title tournament in IP. The 1st Heavyweight champion match will be a cracker. Both Banks and Bubblegum always deliver.

Missed a few announcements here. Card looks good.

But it's a shame there will not be a title tournament in IP. The 1st Heavyweight champion match will be a cracker. Both Banks and Bubblegum always deliver.

We toyed with the idea of a title tournament, before landing on Juice/ Gum as our first title match. Without holding any tournaments we know that these 2 deserve the spot and will tear it up on the night.

Although we don't have a tournament, there is still going to be 'tournament quality' singles bouts featured throughout our shows regardless. With a first time encounter between Bailey and Ligero already on the cards we still have another high profile first time singles match to be announced, along with a concept we believe will very much connect with the UK Indy wrestling fanbase. We are currently working on our promotional video for the launch in the coming weeks.

Whilst an opponent for Shaun Davis still alludes match-makers at Infinite Promotions, they can now announce a clash between two men that would undoubtedly have proven more than adequate a challenge for the Hammer. Signed prior to the acquisition of Hammer, Infinite Promotions can officially present:

The Babyfaced Pitbull vs. Cyanide

375117_317928658297692_255620371195188_568117_1510946286_n.jpg

Though both men are familiar with eachother from clashes for 'Pro Wrestling 4 U' and 'Britannia Wrestling Promotions', May 26th will see Cyanide and The Pitbull meet for the first time in Liverpool, and they'll both be looking to make an immediate impact on the city and on Infinite Promotions' Heavyweight Division.

For Cyanide, '51st State of Emergency' is his chance to improve his record against his old rival, as he is yet to secure a victory over Pitbull. Though history is against him, the Toxic Terror will not be put off taking it to The Pitbull, nor will he be deterred from using his entire 25-stone frame as a weapon against his much smaller foe. The inaugral NGW Champion, Cyanide will be looking to stake his claim to a future Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Championship match with a strong showing against Pitbull; a man who is no stranger to championship accolades himself.

At press-time, The Baby-Faced Pitbull holds multiple top-tier championships, having secured the Britannia Wrestling Promotion's Catchweight, Runcorn Wrestling Academy's Heavyweight, and Pro Wrestling 4 U's Heavyweight Championships. Gold is not the only colour that the Pitbull is familiar with, however; He has more than a passing affinity for two others: Black & Orange. The only UK graduate of the Team Taz Dojo, The Babyfaced Pitbull's tutelage under 'The Human Suplex Machine' has arguably been his greatest tool in his repeated battles with Cyanide. Gifted with herculean strength, the Pitbull has channelled his mentor in his clashes with Cyanide, with action reminiscent of Taz's clashes with collossal foes like 911 & Bam Bam Bigelow.

A clash of mammoth proportions everytime it has occured, Pitbull/Cyanide this time round promises to be extra-special. Both men want to chalk up their first victory in a new promotion and, pencilled to open the show on the 26th, only one man will be able to say that they secured their first victory, in the first match of the first show of Infinite Promotions. Who'll earn the right to say it? Find out on May 26th.

I'd quite like to go to this, as the venue looks ace and I actually have a vested interest in trying to find the retro shop in 'Quiggins' if it is still there to see if the owner wants to buy some more stuff (As she bought the last lot I sold, but lost her number bah). However, Trains look to be an issue, engineering works by the looks of it. 7hrs back from Liverpool on the bus via Manchester, doesnt sound ideal :( Guess thats out then. Shame as looks good

To further compound your woes Quiggins shut up shop a few years back.

We'd like to point out that Quiggins isn't shut, it's been moved from it's orginal venue into Grand Central Hall however a few of the shops moved into Bold Street.

I'd quite like to go to this, as the venue looks ace and I actually have a vested interest in trying to find the retro shop in 'Quiggins' if it is still there to see if the owner wants to buy some more stuff (As she bought the last lot I sold, but lost her number bah). However, Trains look to be an issue, engineering works by the looks of it. 7hrs back from Liverpool on the bus via Manchester, doesnt sound ideal :( Guess thats out then. Shame as looks good

The retro shop is still going, or at least a retroshop is still going.

Can I ask where you'd be travelling from? Just on the off chance we can find a way for you to make it, the more faces we see there the better!

Can I ask where you'd be travelling from? Just on the off chance we can find a way for you to make it, the more faces we see there the better!

Preston. Trains back after 10ish are saying Bus Replacement Service to/or from Manchester and then a huge wait (5 hours) at Manchester Piccadilly for a bus. There are also works between Preston and Morecombe/Lancaster which means Bus Replacements all over the shop. Even the bloody 9.42pm train means I have to go to Manchester Oxford Road (why all the way to Manchester to double back to Preston is beyond me) and change and would clearly miss the end of/a lot of the show, even if the venue is close to Lime Street, my running days are over.

There is an 11pm train but one search site is showing Bus Replacement for that and another is showing that it isnt. I dont really want to take the risk on finding out 'on the day' if I'm honest. 5 hours on Piccadillly doesn't appeal. Sorry. Maybe another time.

It never used to be such a mess, been to Prenton Park and back a few times for the footy and there was usually late trains back with no problems. Oh well

The Retro Shop is called Level Up (?) and I think the owner is called Lucy iirc

Preston. Trains back after 10ish are saying Bus Replacement Service to/or from Manchester and then a huge wait (5 hours) at Manchester Piccadilly for a bus. There are also works between Preston and Morecombe/Lancaster which means Bus Replacements all over the shop. Even the bloody 9.42pm train means I have to go to Manchester Oxford Road (why all the way to Manchester to double back to Preston is beyond me) and change and would clearly miss the end of/a lot of the show, even if the venue is close to Lime Street, my running days are over.

There is an 11pm train but one search site is showing Bus Replacement for that and another is showing that it isnt. I dont really want to take the risk on finding out 'on the day' if I'm honest. 5 hours on Piccadillly doesn't appeal. Sorry. Maybe another time.

It never used to be such a mess, been to Prenton Park and back a few times for the footy and there was usually late trains back with no problems. Oh well

The Retro Shop is called Level Up (?) and I think the owner is called Lucy iirc

According to National Rail Enquiries http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ which is the site I use for all of my travel

There is a direct train from Lime street to Preston (Lancs) at 11pm, I haven't seen anything about a rail replacement, but if you're unsure of this maybe wait until closer to date and check again, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you for sure closer to the date.

I'm not familiar with the name of the Retro Shop, but I know it's ran by a girl, probably the same one tbh

Fast-approaching 51st State of Emergency and the card continues to be filled with marquee match after marquee match. Having assembled a roster of main-event calibre talent, it is now that Infinite Promotions opens its doors to the next generation of British Wrestling stars:

Sean Daniels vs. Josh Bodom vs. LA Austin

538546_326010977489460_255620371195188_581434_1050011765_n.jpg

At the start of their journey in the world of professional wrestling, Daniels, Bodom & Austin have been busy in gaining a foothold in their respective 'home promotions' of FutureShock (Daniels & Bodom) & GPW (Austin). With impressive showings early on, they have proven that they can hold their own in the 'squared-circle', and on May 26th they'll be doing their best to prove themselves the best of the new breed, at the expense of each other.

Sean Daniels will be familiar to fans of FutureShock Wrestling as one half of 'Notorious BAD' along with fellow Infinite promotions star Sam Bailey. Not a sole tag team combatant, however, Daniels has had strong outings against monster opponents the likes of Cyanide, Nordic Warrior and Baron Bohka. Clearly used to competing against power-houses like these, it will be interesting to see how Daniels reconditions himself to face smaller, faster foes.

Josh Bodom is a man who was launched from being a relative unknown to very nearly the FutureShock Heavyweight Champion, coming breath-takingly close to taking the strap from then-Champion Dave Rayne in November of last year (Rayne was subsequently unseated by Jack Gallagher later that evening). Following his launch-pad outing against Rayne, Bodom has gone on to become a FutureShock roster regular. He steps into Infinite Promotions looking for yet another career-defining moment.

Last but not least we have LA Austin. A new-comer to GPW, Austin has fast made a name for himself as a man capable of amazing physical feats and acrobatic excellence. With an arsenal of moves that he can hit from all over the ring (and no doubt out of the ring) Austin is a high-flyer that dices with death and danger from the moment the bell rings. A recent impressive showing against Infinite Promotions Heavyweight Title contender Bubblegum proved that Austin is far from 'Too much sizzle; not enough steak' and can hang with the toughest competition around.

In what promises to be an action-packed, adrenaline fueled contest, all three men will be looking to impress management and the audience in the hope of being brought back in the future. In a move that will only serve to ensure fast and furious action for the fans in attendance, Infinite Promotions management has put a 10-minute time limit in place, meaning the competitors will have to do all they can and quickly, to maximise their chance to make an impact in Liverpool. See what they come up with on May 26th!

6 weeks ago we at Infinite Promotions promised the British wrestling public that we would be unveiling a venture we were very excited and passionate about. It is now that we can announce this venture. Infinite Promotions first show, '51st State of Emergency', will see the launch of:

The British Wrestling Premier League

563609_331188940304997_255620371195188_591577_98359543_n.jpg

To watch Part 1 of our introductory video

It's been well documented that in 1988 Independant Television (ITV) cancelled British professional Wrestling, removing from the airwaves an institution that had been part of British popular culture for over three decades. The knock on effect of this cancellation was felt throughout the industry, with the Mountevans' style that had been a staple of the British game for years falling by the wayside, in favour of the All-in American style of the World Wrestling Federation (now WWE) that was launched on Sky in 1989.

The Mountevans' style set British Wrestling apart from the other styles of wrestling in other parts of the world. Mexico had Lucha Libr

Archived