Infinite Promotions present 51st State of Emergency

- At 8am Saturday we recieved a call saying that our hired ring was no longer coming

- After struggling to find a replacement we finally recieved help from the BWP around midday, due to short notice the ring only arrived in time to be set up seconds before doors

- At 3pm Saturday we recieved a text saying that James Mason could not make it. Luckily we found a more than suitable replacement despite the short notice

- At 7:20pm Saturday our HD Camera crew and ring announcer (who came as a package) left without telling us due a dispute unrelated to the owners of the venue, the talent or the promoters of Infinite Promotions

Blimey. I knew about the ring not turning up and Mason not being there, but the camera crew and the ring announcer walking out ten minutes before bell time is shocking. No wonder Ciaran was looking so flustered, pacing up and down on the phone before the show. I thought that was just 'first show nerves'.

I think the show started 15 minutes late. The delay wasn't too bad, as people were still entering the building at 7:30 anyway. I didn't hear any fans around me complaining, for what its' worth.

I think because it was a good show, and the crowd was so lively, that any delay was forgotten about. The good opener set the tone for the night I thought.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are all those things coincidental, or is it the classic Britwres sabotage thing going on? Whoever hired you a ring and then pulled out needs a stern talking to, at the very least.

Ah yes, this happened to GPW a few years ago with the ring not turning up and lead to us starting late and blimey this happening to you on your first show as well,well done guys!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger they say, at least we can be prepared for anything now

- At 8am Saturday we recieved a call saying that our hired ring was no longer coming

- After struggling to find a replacement we finally recieved help from the BWP around midday, due to short notice the ring only arrived in time to be set up seconds before doors

- At 3pm Saturday we recieved a text saying that James Mason could not make it. Luckily we found a more than suitable replacement despite the short notice

- At 7:20pm Saturday our HD Camera crew and ring announcer (who came as a package) left without telling us due a dispute unrelated to the owners of the venue, the talent or the promoters of Infinite Promotions

Blimey. I knew about the ring not turning up and Mason not being there, but the camera crew and the ring announcer walking out ten minutes before bell time is shocking. No wonder Ciaran was looking so flustered, pacing up and down on the phone before the show. I thought that was just 'first show nerves'.

I think the show started 15 minutes late. The delay wasn't too bad, as people were still entering the building at 7:30 anyway. I didn't hear any fans around me complaining, for what its' worth.

I think because it was a good show, and the crowd was so lively, that any delay was forgotten about. The good opener set the tone for the night I thought.

Very happy to hear that none of this ruined your night, although we will obviously still aim to have no such mishaps during our return show still tba

Are all those things coincidental, or is it the classic Britwres sabotage thing going on? Whoever hired you a ring and then pulled out needs a stern talking to, at the very least.

Opinions about the ring in particular being an attempt to sabotage the show have been aired, although we like to believe that this is not the case. Regardless, the show still went on and we will not be using the same ring again (the identity of the ring crew will be kept private).

We have today recieved the ring crews AA breakdown report as proof of the legitimate reason for having to pull out of the show.

Unfortunately these things happen and have happened before to other promoters with other ring crews. This is just to clear things up for those of you who were asking.

In other news we have just confirmed our follow up date with the venue, stay posted for the announcement of the next show!

Archived