Sting "I'm Done"

El Dingo Capitano

Future Impact spoilers:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Retirement angle, interrupted by Bobby Roode, Sting comes out of retirement and faces Roode at the next PPV. That's the jist of it I think, I'm sure someone will be able to give you a more in-depth report.

Even Eric Bischoff joined in.

Was silly of TNA to blow so much Twitter credibility on this obvious balls IMO. I mean, we already know to ignore Dixie half the time, as she has been kayfabing her arse off for ages. But was always that feeling that Bisch, Angle or Hogan, or one of the underused guys, might let slip some 'real' thing that was actually quite compelling.

The more the performers do this type of thing (Miz and Truth pretending to be fired for real being a shining example from WWE guys of how to go WAY too far) the more everyone just zones out and assumes everything is stage-managed. It's a shame, as at one point, it seemed like Twitter could offer a unique opportunity to walk a fine line and make us believe certain feuds were legit... But seems less and less likely that anyone will ever swallow anything now, due to crap like this.

I've heard some of the 'formerly creative' guys bash wrestlers for posting out of character etc. Saying "Why are the heel divas talking to the face divas in a friendly fashion on there?" Which I think is beyond ridiculous and misses the point of how/why Twitter offers a unique opportunity. Furthering 'fake' stories does nothing. Adds no dimension at all. Build that shit on weekly TV! That's what it's for... But furthering 'meta' stories that can add spice and create talking points? (ideally eventually being on TV too.) That's another thing entirely.

We all know there's a fine line. This thread... If it was discussing a 'different' Twitter statement/argument that wasn't so obviously fake, would have been interesting and could have maybe made us want to see a particular thing on TV at some point. A thing that could actually happen, as it would be a worked shoot, we just wouldn't know or really care. We'd just really want to see it due to the anticipation etc. Sting saying some kayfabe shit does NOT generate a legit buzz. Not in 2012.

So, in short, they're doing it wrong. Is this Lagana's influence? Or just a coincidence that he has come in recently? Bischoff would be someone I'd expect to walk a much finer line and say things that appear true (from his POV) for the majority of the time. Yet he has suddenly jumped into 'WWE Twitter' naffness. So I will start to put less and less stock into what he posts. That's how it works.

On the Twitter scenario, I'm surprised wrestlers don't have two accounts. A personal and professional one. That way all the angled shit goes through the kayfabe one, whereas the personal one is all the shit they don't/can't do in the kayfabe one. Makes sense to me. As most casual fans would only follow the WWE sponsored Twitter rather than their personal ones. You'd obviously get a fair few who'll actively seek out the real ones, but if its done hush hush with no promoting then who knows. That way all their real friends/family won't be bombarded with storyline in character stuff.

IMPACT SPOILERS

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

This Twitter angle with Sting wasn't entirely wasted, at least we got to see Sting prancing around the ring in blackface threatening to beat Roode up.

Archived