WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
This is a spoiler tagged thread, so whats the deal on talking about this? Thats a fucking BIG talking point, I'd say.

I’d say your free to talk about it. All we know is that he is there in the same city. Beyond that, its pure speculation and not a spoiler, right? Right?

Yeah, but you know what people are like. Speculating and waiting with bated breath are a fine line, when it comes to spoilers. The demand for spoiler tags in the Sting's Chin thread springs to mind.

Anyway, surely to God, this cant be true can it? They've had months to try and tie him up a deal. If they sign him, how many people can they get word to by Sunday night? Unless they've really got the willies put up then from the rating on Monday night.

EDIT: ajmcstyles with the stupidest post I've read in on topic in a while just below me there.

I heard WWE are looking to set up Next Years WrestleMania Main Event as soon as possible

That's why I'm thinking...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Lesnar to cost Cena the main event. The pop would be MENTAL, and then you could do my awesome idea for this year where the match gets set up, Cena doesn't have the title in January, Lesnar enters the Rumble as a surprise and wins it, forcing Cena to win the Chamber against the odds otherwise the match is off.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

We've already had Cena Vs Lesnar quite a while ago and to be honest I wouldn't and would anyone take Cena seriously against a former UFC champion. Plus for SUCH a once in a life-time match up they wouldn't ruin it with a Lesnar run in.

Back in the day when Dan Severen and Ken Shamrock came to the WWF the UFC was an unknown but the UFC is well known now.

As for sting hasn't he just signed a contract extension with TNA confirmed by Dixie

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I heard WWE are looking to set up Next Years WrestleMania Main Event as soon as possible

Lesnar to cost Cena the main event. The pop would be MENTAL, and then you could do my awesome idea for this year where the match gets set up, Cena doesn't have the title in January, Lesnar enters the Rumble as a surprise and wins it, forcing Cena to win the Chamber against the odds otherwise the match is off.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

You can't have an indecisive finish to the main event of WrestleMania to set up the main event of the next one that only involves one of the participants. Wait, no, that's what they did last year. As you were.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

You can't have an indecisive finish to the main event of WrestleMania to set up the main event of the next one that only involves one of the participants. Wait, no, that's what they did last year. As you were.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I know but what I'm trying to get across is that Miz Vs. Cena wasn't really a big great match, it wasn't once in a life time match, it wasn't really Wrestlemania Main Event material. There wasn't much magic.

You don't wanna ruin once in a lifetime match.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Is it as good as the Rock/Austin documentary from WM19? I loved that one.

NO! NO! NO! That Mania of WrestleMania is better than Beyond the Mat in my opinion. Excellent documentary. One of the very best things WWE has ever done. Having the voice over provided by Jesse Ventura is especially good work.

I have honestly never seen or heard of this. I'll need to try get my hands on it.

Man, the Austin portion of that documentary is heartbreaking. Just hearing Austin talking about how he knew it was his time and not telling anyone because he didn't want sympathy almost brought a tear to my eye. The fact he thought he was close to death less than 24 hours before the match is crazy.

• Paid Members

Bollocks to it, its not a spoiler anyway and the thread is being ruined by a massive spoiler tagged conversation.

From the Observer:

Regarding Brock Lesnar rumors for the weekend, the two sides have been talking in recent weeks, as was hinted in the Dwayne Johnson interview last week when Lesnar's name was brought up as a possible opponent for next year.

Right now we have no word regarding Lesnar's contract issues with UFC, if he has been given a release to do the show, although since he is retired, that may not be a big problem.

Meltzer also added:

They've been in talks for a month. Rock response to that question last week gave it away.

Original idea was for SummerSlam match, but I think that's a bad idea.

I don't see him being involved in the finish of any match. I reckon he'd have been tied down longer ago than this if that were to be the case.

Of course, what might be happening is Brock Lesnar could be at RAW on the Monday which would make perfect sense if they're planning a match for him for next year.

If just noticed something really odd pointless....

A-Train joins WWF/E

Then Lesnar Joins WWE

A-Train goes to Japan

Lesnar goes to Japan

A-Train is coming back to the WWE and now maybe lesnar is?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The Rock has defeated Hulk Hogan, (The Rock and Wrestling Era) Stone Cold (Attitude Era) Had The Rock had the chance to face Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels in their primes to try and conquer the New Generation, who would you like it to have been?

Archived