Judo in pro wrestling

Donedude

But more importantly than them, a coach for Rowdy Ronda Rousey.

And rowdy roddy piper, it was gene who awarded roddy his black belt. I wonder if thats why ronda has been able to use the nickname so easily?

I don't know about that, but she did check with Piper and get the OK from him before starting to use it as her nickname.

• Paid Members
I'm pretty sure Chris Adams was big into his Judo too, as was his brother.

His brother Neil won Olympic silver medals in both the 1980 and 1984 Olympics for Great Britain. He also won a a gold medal at the 1981 World championships.

Chris Adams was a Black Belt - in his early career he wore the judo kit and was billed as "Black Belt Chris Adams"

Other British black belts were Pat Patton (judo)

and Iron Fist Clive Myers and Amazing Kung Fu Eddie Hamill

Bomber Pat Roach was also a judo black belt

~~~

Mysterious Samurai Swordsman Kendo Nagasaki was also a black belt (but in what i'm not so sure)

Judo is class. I remember in the days before there was a wrestling school every ten yards, people were falling over themselves to start judo because it was the closest you could get to training to wrestle. Only if you dressed up like Jeff Hardy, you'd get the shit thrown out of you, of course.

Um, Judo Al Hayes? :thumbsup:

Judo is class. I remember in the days before there was a wrestling school every ten yards, people were falling over themselves to start judo because it was the closest you could get to training to wrestle. Only if you dressed up like Jeff Hardy, you'd get the shit thrown out of you, of course.

Um, Judo Al Hayes? :thumbsup:

My uncle who teaches judo and krav maga told me how kids would show up at his dojo telling him how they would want to be a pro wrestler, said kid would spend the rest of the session doing fall drills.

Archived