Is there a better song than...

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

I've been a massive AWK fan since 2000 and I've seen him live 8 times, and chatted to him shitloads, he's always been the same dude, he loves doing misleading shit like pretending he's different people to build mystique.

I saw him in 2011 and he was awful, the glory days are long gone but there is hope as thankfully he's back to touring with a full band this year, (he's played just him singing over a backing track for the last few years) can't wait to see him playing a proper full live show again.

• Paid Members

Fucking delighted to see some Andrew WK love on the Forum!!

This has just reminded me that I needed to go and sort out tickets to his forthcoming mini-tour. So I just went and booked myself a couple for Manchester Academy in April.

I have seen AWK just the once, and amazingly it was TEN YEARS AGO to this very week at Sheffield University. It was possibly the most fun I've ever had at a gig, I was right at the front sweating my bollocks off. I won't be getting up to those kind of antics this time round, but hopefully the nostalgia kick will make it all worth it. If you didn't know- he will be playing his debut album 'I Get Wet' in its entirety on the shows.

Archived